Saturday, January 7, 2012

In Honor of Four Years Together!

While stalking perusing new blogs I found THIS over at "Everything Happens For a Reason" and thought it was too cute not to share!  Especially, since today marks fours years since this wonderful man became a part of my life.  It seems crazy that it's only been four years; Sometimes it feels like we began dating just yesterday and others- it seems like he's been in my heart forever....

1. How did you and your spouse meet? 
We worked together at a local bar and grill in our early 20's.

Our first time at America's Backyard...

2. How old were you when you two met? 
I was 22 and he was less than a month away from 23.  
3. How long have you been together? 
Well, we just figured out the other day that our first "hangout" was January 7th, 2008, our first date was January 9th, 2008 and our official "We think this is going somewhere" convo was February 12th, 2008.  I never thought that I would be married to someone and at this point have barely reached the four year mark, but when you know- you know.
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? 
He was born in New York, but moved all over (like even Japan) due to his parents BOTH being career military.  I was born in raised in Florida- back and forth between Pensacola and Ft. Lauderdale.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
I said, "Absolutely not" at first, but eventually realized that it meant a lot to him, and who was I to deny our country the soldier that I knew he would become.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? 
Fort Benning, Ga.

Photobucket

7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
No, but is scheduled to in March :(
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? 
 Not yet, but will be beaming with pride when I can! This was us at his graduation from Basic and then his graduation from A.I.T. (Advanced Individual Training)

A Lady and her Soldier

9. How long have you been a military wife? 
19 months.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? 
One month before Basic.  We wanted the military to acknowledge our relationship, so we basically eloped <3
11. How did your husband propose? 
Let's just say, I was dressed like B.Spears...You can find that story along with the rest of our fairy tale >Here 
12. Where did you get married? 
 In an intimate ceremony, lakeside.  Also found in the previous link.
13. How old were you two when you got married? 
He was an old man at 25 and I was 24.  (I always give him crap because he is 10 months older)
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? 
No, he was still a civilian at that point.
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? 
The Beautiful Fort Carson, Colorado.  The "Mountain Post"

Hello romantic getaway

16. Do you live on base? 
No flippin' way.  We enjoy our privacy and normalcy.  It does have its advantages, but not for us during this period of time.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? 
Less than a month, then Basic training where all we had was letters sprinkled with a few phone calls.  It was hard, but very romantic and strengthened our relationship. We still have ALL of our letters saved <3
18. What is your favorite base so far? 
Probably Fort Gordon for me, because I loved Georgia and met some wonderful people. I would say Will doesn't have a favorite since they are all work to him.  We are both hoping to experience others, such as those in Germany or Hawaii.
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? 
It's funny...I wasn't attracted to "men in uniform" until I saw my husband in his. I can't help but find myself smitten.

He makes me so proud

20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? 
In some aspects yes- they have managed to make military moves extremely efficient, living on post is like living in a centralized city and the resources are endless.  In other ways it seems so backwards some times that I am disheartened.  I wish that soldiers had better gear and supplies to protect them, better technology to communicate with their families and gave them less menial tasks to take up there time while they are stateside.  
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? 
Absolutely.  It is what makes going through all the BS worth it, but it can and does attract the wrong people at times.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? 
 I say yes because I am friends with quite a few TRUE military wives.  The numbers might not reflect a "lot", but their worth does.  Blogging is actually helping this number grow- You know who you are ;)
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? 
Having my husband taken away from me for training and deployments wrapped up in worry for his safety.  Even in training he comes home wounded and sick.  The second hardest, and also very worth mentioning, is the lack of intel.  I hate being in limbo all the time not knowing what is going to pop up or the fact that he MIGHT deploy in March, but we still don't know for sure.
24. Do you own military wife stuff?
I have one shirt that I had designed:
And an "Army Wife" lanyard that the hubs got me because it's green, which is obviously my favorite color.

Photobucket

25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? 
This shouldn't even be a question. I would hope that anyone who is married to a soldier would not hesitate to say yes.  Sometimes, we are the only support they truly get and the support they need the most.  It is a duty that I am proud to have.

IF YOU’RE A MILITARY SPOUSE, TAG YOU’RE IT.

Happy four years my love~ even IF you ruined my dinner plans that you didn't know I had, because you didn't know we were celebrating this date this year...I'm sure you will make it up to me *ahem*. Come back soon for the follow-up post "Make Up Sex" cuz I am married, and it's totally appropriate for me to talk about that ;)
I might even incorporate it into my review of "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands", so it's going to be AWESOME.
Ciao!

13 comments:

★ JASMINE ★ said...

Awwhh... hun! that's so sweet! Congrats to the both of you!

<3
xxoo

Zara said...

Congrats on the 4 years! Time flies doesn't it?!

Fort Carson is really beautiful! I was up there last February with my grandfather when he was making funereal arrangements in case his cancer op didn't work.

P!nky said...

Awwww how sweet! What a fun post, so cute! And girl you are right, it's your blog so you share what you want ;)!

xoxo

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Happy 4 years! I always tease my hubby about being a baby hubby since he is almost 3 years younger than me. He always teases me about me a cougar lol

Natalia Lynn said...

You're so cute, I love your blog. And this was a great post. I am not married to a military man, but kinda sorta can understand. He is a basketball player and we travel a lot because of it. We are in limbo every summer between seasons because we don't know where he will play next. Anyway, loved it! Nice to meet you!

Katie said...

Wow, loved this! Definitely have no experience with the military so it was so interesting to read this! You are a strong woman!

lilmoomoo said...

AH!
loved this!
I may have to do one of these as well :)

I loved reading it. I feel like I "know" you a little better now.

My hubs also went to basic at Ft. Benning. We were only dating at the time, and I still have all our letters..
Those letters are the first time he ever said anything about "Wifing me up" hahaha

Also- I didn't realize but we really are close in deployment times! Mine is Feb. UGH.

AND it's so funny, but I completely agree about the "man in uniform" thing. My dad was Army, and I always liked looking at his photos and thought he looked handsome, but I NEVER just thought guys in uniforms were "HOT".
However, HOLY JESUS. I love MY guy in a uniform! hahaha

Also- is the picture of your Army shirt from a boudoir shoot?!? I did one of those! SO MUCH FUN!

lovelovelove,
moo.

Pamela said...

Just found your cute little blog! Love this. Thanks for sharing! My best friend was married to a man who was (still is!) in the Army. He is actually stationed at Fort Carson! She lived with him there too, but things didn't work out between them!

Sharstin said...

i love this--happy anniversary chick~

Amie said...

New follower from the tattoo link up. You and your hubs are so precious! I would have a rough time letting my husband sign up for any branch of military...you're a strong woman!

Morgan Neal said...

You are hot. Congrats to five years. Love this post!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Love this!!

Kelly said...

What a great post!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...