Friday, July 24, 2015

Why Does The AC Only Go Out In Summer?

I'm glad y'all have appreciated all the pictures this week! It's funny, they make it look like we've got our act together, but just so you know...that's impossible with a newborn. In fact, on the day we took the newborn photos I was so engorged that I told the photographer I didn't want my chesticles anywhere in sight, and even worse- we forgot to refasten Charlie's diaper all the way on the way home and as you can imagine, we had to take apart and clean the whole car seat. See what you future parents have to look forward to!?

As if life with a newborn isn't difficult enough, we woke up to hot air blowing out of the AC unit on Wednesday. I called and let our rental company know that we had a newborn in an 85 degree house which got us moved to the top of the list, but then we found out that the whole unit may need to be replaced, which doesn't happen in one day. We now have two window units working full force, and I don't mind running errands so much right now.

All in all, things are going as good as can be expected, though. We are still working on our breastfeeding, but she's still alive and growing and I have proof. I took a meal to another brand new mommy this week, and was blown away by the difference between the two babies. Christian was born at the exact same stats as Charlie (7.13 pounds, 21 inches), and yet she's grown SO much in the two weeks before he was born. Crazy right?!


And in non-baby related news, I braved Target while out and about with Charlie and finally found my favorite calendar/planner! For whatever reason, my brain only functions with a calendar that is set up horizontally, and Blue Sky is the only company that makes one. These buggers are hard to find in stores other than online or Target. but they are still worth the hunt. Forget those expensive calendars that all bloggers are addicted to {you know which one I'm talking about}, because these are where it's at and the price tag is way better!



Now it's time for us to get out of this hot @$$ house, and head home for our final baby shower/reveal with the family. I've been stressed about driving Miss Charlie all the way to Pensacola by myself, but maybe the AC going out was meant to make me want to leave. Not that I want to leave Will and I feel bad that he'll be stuck here in the heat, but he knows he could come with us if he wanted {I'm only slightly trying to make him feel guilty}. Unfortunately, he's got studying to do to get ready for his FINAL check ride, and he doesn't think he'll be able to study as much with the fam. Either way, his girls will miss him terribly. He's been the only thing keeping me sane, so we shall see how this goes without him. Wish us luck!


16 comments:

P!nky said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry about the AC going out. I know it's hotter where you are right now, too! Hope it gets fixed fast!

Jenn said...

I saw you'd lost AC and my heart went out to you! It's the worst, especially with some of the temps we had earlier this week, and then add having a newborn to the list. I hope it all gets fixed quickly and you guys are able to stay cool with the window units!!

Alana Livingston said...

I'm still laughing at the "she is still alive" comment. Lol. I'm sorry your ac went out--that sucks!!

Alana Livingston said...

Also, I can't believe she is that much bigger than him in two short weeks! Have fun in Pensacola!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Oh the joys of parenthood! lol Charlie makes it all worth it Im sure! And I hope they get your AC fixed soon so everyone can be comfortable again!

Curly Girl Confessions said...

I am glad she is still alive. ;) I know that feeling! It's a very hard stage and you are not alone in this quest. Enjoy your family time and LET THEM HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did I make that clear?! hahaha.

Kathryn B said...

Yuck for the ac going out!!!! She's just precious!!!! You're doing great mama! Enjoy your family time!!!

Jen said...

Enjoy your trip home!!! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Boo on the AC! I actually like the horizontal planner. I can say I've never seen that before, but it seems like things would be much easier to look at. My thing is that I like my week to start with Monday and NOT Sunday. Hope your travels went well!

Brittany said...

No AC. No bueno. Good luck on your roadtrip with Ma C. And hopefully Will gets some good studying in since he's skipping out.

Rosa Nelson said...

It seems like the broken AC managed to get you out of the house, which I think would be nice just to get a cooler breeze for the babies and yourself. I hope you had that AC unit fixed already. Thanks for sharing, and have a great day!


Rosa Nelson @ Metcalfe HVAC Service Philadelphia

Nicole said...

Sucks when the air goes out. Ours went out a few years ago, luckily I didn't have a newborn then. The year before or maybe the same summer both my parents went out also (they have 2 in their house). Theirs was taken out by lightening though. Hopefully they get you back up and running fast!!

Katie said...

AC going out - that is the worst! especially with post baby hot flashes!!! and LOVE target planners! I agree - $10 ones are good for me!

Rach said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your AC is fixed by now!! That's awful. And I hope your trip with Charlie went well! You are such a sweet momma - taking meals to another mom of a newborn while you still have a newborn yourself! :)

Melinda Rose said...

Newborns and a broken AC--a terrible combination, if I ever saw one. Here's to hoping everything bad with it is now fixed. Wishing you and your little angels all the best! Cheers.

Melinda Rose @ Phoenix South HVAC

Andy Jones said...

Hi! It seems that AC units know that it is summer and it's time to go out right when it's the hottest. My AC unit also went out a few years ago. It is very expensive to put a new one in. I hope your family is ok now. Have a nice day!

Andy Jones @ AQS Comfort

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...