Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prom Reminiscing!

Last week, I was SUPPOSED to be guest posting for Lauren @ Lemon Trees and Bumble Bees, while she was on her honeymoon, but Blogger was not cooperating.  Today, you SHOULD find said post, and it is a never-before-seen account of my trip to Cali!

I happen to LOVE Little Miss Pamela  (Mrs. actually), so when I saw that she and Tamara were doing a link-up, I just HAD to support.  I also loved reminiscing about High School. It's been a while...
Cough, cough* 8 years


I couldn't find any pictures to narrate, so I'll just use trusty ol' Sometimes & Always!





Freshman Year
Sometimes: I may not have liked the guy who asked me that year.
Always: It was totally acceptable to "go out of town", so that I didn't have to say no.
(I didn't feel bad, by the way, because he was a senior who asked "fresh meat" to Prom...ew.)

Sophomore Year
Sometimes: People think that one date is enough for prom.
Always: Two are more fun!
Story behind: My friend from church asked me to his prom, but then he started dating another friend of ours.  Instead of ditching me, which I would have totally understood, he took us both!

Junior Year
Sometimes: It might sound odd to have a prom at a zoo...
Always: We proved that it was TOTALLY awesome back in 2003, when we (the juniors), planned prom for the seniors there!


Sometimes: It's fun to go to said Prom with a friend, because his girlfriend is going with
someone else.
Always: The freedom of hanging/dancing with whomever you like is awesome!
Story behind: Similar situation to the guy that took both of us, but the guys weren't cool with two guys and only one girl.

Senior Year
Sometimes: Going with a date that you are ACTUALLY dating can be very romantic.
Always: I'll have fond memories of that night, but I'm glad I am with Will instead of "Prom Date 2004".

Funny fact: I COULD NOT find the perfect dress for my senior prom anywhere, so I ended up wearing my friend Carmela's, that she wore to our 8th Grade Prom! It was the perfect color, perfect size, and made me feel perfect...That's what it's all about right?

Maybe one day I can dig up those old photos...They should be good for a laugh.


 I also want to introduce you to a cutie pie!
We did a little Button Swaparoo ;)




Hi Blog Friends!

I'm a twenty-something newly married girl living in beautiful Indianapolis, IN. 
Home of Super Bowl 2012 - yay baby!! I went to college at the University of Indianapolis and graduated in 2007 with a major in Marketing. 

I've had a lot of blogging experience - not only do I read a lot of blogs, but I used to work for a blogging software company and had to blog quite a bit! And truth be told, I miss it a little bit and that is what has sparked my interest in starting this blog. I love to spend time with our yellow lab, Libby, traveling, working out, reading, planning and organizing, and my most recent obsession - crafting!

I am always on the go, and rarely do I have any patience! :) My husband and I are somewhat newlyweds (married for almost 3 years - not sure how long you can have that newlywed title), we moved into our first home in 2010 and I feel like I'm still decorating and making it "ours", but I'm loving every minute of it.

My husband, my brother in-law, and myself have a marketing consulting and business development company - I love working from home and being responsible for something that we built! Now I know what you're thinking - is it hard working with your husband and family? Nope, they make it easy! We are growing rapidly and that has been the main focus in our lives for some time now - even though we always seem busy, I wouldn't change it!

More From Meg


Go check her out and remember three days left for the Giveaway!


9 comments:

Lauren Talon said...

Guest post is up! Thanks again lovely :)

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Your lovely post is up on my blog as well!! :)

Pamela said...

Love that the guy didn't ditch you, & that his girlfriend was totally ok with that!! I can't believe that they did prom at a zoo! That is pretty neat!! I am glad that you are with Will insead of "Prom Date 2004" too :) Thanks for linking up!

Kimberly said...

Your sometimes & always completely brought me back to my high school years! Oh, prom! Although it was truly an experience... I would not go back to HS now, even if someone paid me. College, maybe. :)

Megan Wadsworth said...

Found you on "More From Meg". I'm a fellow Army wife also! Love your blog!

Megan @ meganwadsworth.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Junior year I had a prom date. Senior year I didn't. No one asked me, so my best girlfriend and I went together :)

Nicole said...

Wow, I'm old compared to you :). My 10 year class reunion was last year :). haha.

I never got to dance the last dance at either of my 2 proms. My junior year my friend went with a guy friend and wound up dancing with my boyfriend, even the last dance. My senior year my boyfriend at the time just wanted to go home so we left 10 minutes before the whole gig was over. buttheads, both of them ;)

Holly said...

Fun! I love how you did Sometimes and Always, and a prom at the zoo would have been awesome!

Megan said...

A prom at a zoo sounds like so much fun!! We didn't really have prom at our school (because it was a Church of Christ school). We had like a dinner/banquet thing. Haha. Losers!

Thanks for linking up!! And go find some prom pictures! I want to see!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...