Friday, April 24, 2015

Five Years Of Marriage

I was never the little girl that dreamt of a wedding growing up. Sure, I played house when my friends wanted to, but that was the extent of my outlook for the future. For some reason, I never saw myself growing up or becoming an adult, so marriage was the last thing on my mind. Maybe if Pinterest had been around back then I would have a wedding board with a million pins, but as it were, up until I met Will...I could NEVER wrap my head around marrying someone for a lifetime that I couldn't even see myself in.


Seven years later and five dedicated to a marriage with the man better than my dreams, it's impossible to imagine life without him. Even though we were both young and all over the place when we met, some outside force took two kids on completely separate paths and turned our lives upside down. Using the word 'love' doesn't seem good enough, and 'true love' is uber cheesy, but unless you know the effect that love has on two people firsthand,  it's impossible to comprehend the connection it creates between two strangers. From strangers, to our own family unit and now our love and our family are still growing...



Dear Will, 
I could never tell you enough how proud I am of you, and I hope you know that no one in the entire world compares to you in my eyes. With each passing year you continue to amaze me, but most importantly, you still manage to love me and we continue to grow together. We make the world's greatest team {IMO}, and surpassing each milestone, each set of goals, and tackling every new adventure with you makes marriage, and life in general, more fun than I ever thought it could be. We are embarking on what I think might be our greatest {and scariest} adventure with CQB, but I know that we have an immeasurable amount of love and dedication to each other and her that will get us through. There will be times when she takes over our hearts, but I hope, no I PROMISE, to remember that I'm a wife first. Always and forever. Happy five years, lover, and cheers to 50+ more!



17 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet post! Happy 5 years!

Jenn said...

Love this post and I love how in love you two are! Happy anniversary!!!

Pamela said...

happy anniversary!!!

Helene in Between said...

I love how you two celebrate love. Happy 5 years!!

Brittany said...

Happy anniversary!! Such a sweet letter. Have a fun weekend

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Congrats on the 5 year mark and to many more! You two make a cute couple and are going to be fantastic parents!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Happy Anniversary Janna & Will!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Congrats to you! And soul mate sounds even cheesier than true love but I think it fits. When it's right it's right!

Alana Livingston said...

Woohoo for five years!
I seriously cannot wait to finally see her name--I am going crazy trying to guess what the initials stand for! Haha
Also, you look amazing!

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary to you two! Yall are so cute!

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary to you two! Yall are so cute!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Happy Anniversary Girl!!!

Niken said...

happy 5 years for you both!
here's to many more.

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!!! (I know i"m late to this party but better late than never :))

Anonymous said...

Squeeee! :) I hope it was a fabulous anniversary!

Rach said...

Happy 5 years to you guys!! :)

April Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! Belated style! You two are sooo cute!

I stumbled on your blog by googling random about being an active duty military/army wife. And, I am so glad I found your blog!

I got one of the best perspectives of being an active duty army spouse from your blog! I feel a lot less scared of my husband's desire to go active duty.


Seriously, I have been reading your blog like a good book!


So, I wanted to say hi! And, Thank you for sharing your story!! I am sure I will comment more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...