Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Whose Baby Is That?"

First off, I'd like to thank all of you for the kind emails, texts, and comments I received yesterday.
I'm glad to find that you all care, you all understand, and that I'm not the only one going through this right now ;) I feel mucho better already!
Plus my house is super clean.

                                                                                                      Source: pinterest.com via Janna on Pinterest


I mean, the computer wasn't broken, but I'm sure you get the picture.

 Now to address some things from yesterday. 
I'm sure you remember from school, they always told you to ask questions because someone else is probably wondering the same thing...Well, I'd like to address some of those questions/topics.

#1
"What's said 'Full Google Reader'?"
Well, my dears, it just happens to be the greatest thing since sliced bread!
I had been quite annoyed at not being able to comment through the Google Reader, so I {of course} Googled how to comment in Google Reader. How did it take me months to try this? No clue, but at least I FINALLY found the answer! With a few clicks, the Super Full Feeds For Google Reader popped up, and something told me to install it.  I have Google Chrome, instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox, but I'm pretty sure they have applications for all of the browsers, and as soon as you hit install, you are up and running. It applies several tabs to your reader, one of which is a "Link" tab, where the comment section is available!
You're welcome.

#2
"If you took a "break from the computer", did you still have access Facebook and all that on your phone?"
Technically yes...but did I use them? NO.
I must admit, I have this weird fear of going over my data allowance, and although I have never even come close, I choose to only use my data when I really need it or need to talk to the hubby. I get some Twitter notifications, but that's about it.
When I say I took time off the web, I really meant it.
I also have a fear of my battery dying. Keeping my phone time to a min. really helps with this.
Just by turning off my Facebook notifications, I doubled my battery life.
Try it.

#3
Those of you that suggested posting less...that's not where my problem lies. Yes the more I post the more comments I get, but the content on my blog is what matters the most to me. I started blogging to journal our life and as my creative outlet, so that is what I want to continue to do.  Especially since I am "alone" for the next six months. I assume that my co-workers and my Facebook friends don't want to hear or read everything I have to say, but here I can let it all out.
No Will = Left to my own devices.


#4
"Whose baby was that?"
Hehe. It was my friend America's little bundle of joy!
I got to babysit Austin for a little bit, after I took him a present I decorated for him.
Cute, right?


#5
"No you DID not wear Will's pants..."
Why, yes I did ;)
I was not about to ruin ANY of my clothes crawling under the house.

I think that covers it, but I also want to give a heads up that I will be in B'more in a week and a half! (There will be someone staying at my house, so stay away thieves)
Pinky and I, are trying to plan something, so if you want to come play with us, let us know!











11 comments:

Unknown said...

I help take care of a wee one this weekend too! What an eye opening experience (I definitely want one but will DEFINITELY be waiting a bit longer).

xo

Nikki said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing about the full google reader! LOVE it!

B'more as in Baltimore? When are you going? Whats going on with NYC any headway on that?

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

My Google Reader is always full or so it seems haha. My blog is to document my life too. I just have to, because I won't remember like any of the stuff if I don't lol

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I hope you enjoy your trip girl!!!! Thanks for sharing about Googler Reader!!!

P!nky said...

If i find my patience I will try the new google reader...IF!

UMMM YES we must plan ASAPPSSS!

Jess said...

First off, thanks for sharing about the awesome bracelets on Etsy!

Second, blogging should not be a chore or something you HAVE to do! Blogging should be something you enjoy to do. I have definitely realized that building relationships is way more important that have thousands of followers on a blog! I love all of my followers and I actually know who they all are! Thanks for stopping by!

Third, I love the picture frame you made for Austin! That owl is too cute!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I would totally wear my husbands pants to do a dirty job. Yep, not getting my stuff dirty! :-) Love that your hubby has a muscle car. my hubs wants a Chevelle and one day I hope we can get him one. :-)
Austin is too cute!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Anonymous said...

I love that pin "A clean house is the sign of a broken computer"! Haha it's so true! When my computer ticks me off or is acting up I clean.. When my other half gets home he always says "Computer broken or something?" Haha!
I really need to set aside technology on occasion and get things done.

Jamie said...

Me too, me too! I want to meet up!

ms.composure said...

yes THANKS a million for sharing the google reader tip!!

and to be honest i take a "media timeout" very frequently! No facebook...no email...no blog...and yes it is VERY refreshing to do so! It was hard to do at first but i def got into the habit of making time for those around me and to use that time to get other things done and i am SO happy i did!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Reading in Google Reader always confuses me. Haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...