Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It happened...


I had a blogging mental breakdown.
Ok, so maybe it wasn't that serious, but I did realize that I was beginning to get lost in it all.
I know you all know what I'm saying, and if you don't know...it won't be long.

I feel like "it" is getting in the way of this:



Yep, that's right folks...LIFE.
Yes, I have still been social (I have blates to prove it), but I feel like I've stopped smelling the roses.
I can't take it, y'all.
I must find a balance.


This is why I took a Social Media break this weekend.
It felt good...It felt REAL good.

Do you want to see what happens on a weekend of "smelling the roses"?

I spent some quality time with the nugget...


I went exploring...




I snuggled with this nugget....


I had a Blate with Sami!!


And I had time to DIY.  
Check out my new Lifeproof iPhone case:


Super snazzy...I know.

Not as snazzy as my OOTD on Saturday, though...


Pants: Hubby's "work on the car" pants
Shoes: Wellies from the little boys section.
The perfect attire to vacuum the crawl space, clean out the garage and do some yard-work.
Exciting, right?

This weekend really WAS exciting to me...Every last bit of it.
Because other than skyping with my prince charming, the weekend had NOTHING to do with my computer.  I don't want to be glued to my computer.
This is why, I am making changes peeps.
I am consolidating my computer time.

#1 Skyping my lover.
#2 Keeping up with my long distance friends and family.
#3 Using my blog as my outlet.
#4 Continuing my amazing relationships with you all.

By some grace, I stumbled upon this blog last night, and my feelings were reaffirmed.

"Obviously, new bloggers or bloggers who receive a small amount of comments on their daily posts should make interacting with their readers a priority because that is one way you will see growth....But for bloggers who are seeing lots of traffic and are starting to feel torn between living life and typing up emails and comments...the choice needs to be life."
{Her whole Commenting Series is genius, as a matter of fact}

I do want to keep up with all of you, so I installed a new "Full Reader" in my Google Chrome.  
Now I can comment from Google Reader, keep up with a lot of you on Twitter, and I LOVE connecting with y'all on Facebook. Some of you even have my phone number, and your texts totally make my day, i.e. Zara's sweet comment on Memorial Day, thanking my husband for his service.

I don't know how much I am really going to change, as I absolutely love every aspect of blogging, but I know that I must streamline this process.  I don't ever want to really burn myself out, so I'm going to take it one day at a time.  

Thanks in advance for being patient with me!
I hope that you all had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend, and enjoy the four day week ahead.
I seriously love you all...








25 comments:

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Lots of love to you to. I've noticed that sometimes you have to take a step back to smell the roses or you get lost in the shuffle . Hope you have a great week girly!!!

Nikki said...

Whats said "full google reader."

I agree with you that sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses which is why I have a rule with myself that I will only blog/play on the computer while I am at work. Usually when I get home I spend my time either at the gym or with my friends or with my dogs. I don't need to be wrapped up with technology ALL the time.

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

P!nky said...

I agree, sometimes 'blogging' becomes a job I feel I have to do instead of something fun!

I LOVE your blog and love to read!

I LOVE YOU! xoxo

Sarah said...

Ugh....I have been feeling the same exact way!! It's so nice to just take a break from everything and come back refreshed. I love you twinnnn :)

Hilary said...

Girl, do what you need to do! There is so much more out there than the WWW. I can see how your so torn, though, because the WWW has assisted with developing some awesome relationships. All about the balance.

Hilary said...

PS...forgot to say - even when you break, we'll be here when you return ;) And that pic of you is beautiful!

Sami said...

Totally agree with you girl! I usually find time to take a break from blogging but I need to remember to step away from Twitter and Instagram too! Love our picture and LOVED our blate. I can't wait to do it again in the future! :) Have a great day!

Elizabeth McMullen said...

You're adorbs! I just found your blog through that girl up there Sami. Sometimes you need to take a break from Social Media! I love my twitter and blog friends, but sometimes, you need a break!!

new follower.
L

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I know how ya feel with the blogging thing - I know I should maybe take a small break but I feel like I just can't :) - Love your pictures!!!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

Good for you love! Enjoy life! I am trying so hard to work out something to see you!! If Jen cant go, let me know and I will tell Nikki I cant help at the golf tourney! (weekend of 7/21) I know you have a ton of friends who would die to go with you though! Love you and I REALLY want to see you soon! please

J and A said...

So important..gotta live life and not get caught up in the 'internet' stuff. There is so much to see and do in the rel world! LOVE your adventures this weekend, beautiful places.

Nicole said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

CeCe said...

Life should always come first. I totally agree. You are only one person and can't live on the internet alone. I think that as blogging has grown we are aware of that need for balance for ourselves and fellow bloggers. Glad you had a nice unplugged weekend.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely see how time consuming it would be to keep up with all the comments you get. It's great to hear that you took time to smell the roses! Exploring and finding new things is always a great way to get out and take a breather. Sounds like a blogging-less weekend is exactly what you needed.
What is full Google reader?

Beach House Living said...

It is so easy to forget how much time can slip by for blogging. I find it so much easier to post once a week if that much.

Courtney B said...

I go through this like every other week. No worries! Ha ha! Seriously though... real life does come first! Blogging is so great and it's SO fun to make new friends all the time, but it's definitely just a hobby. Sometimes we need a little reminder to put life first, not the computer!
P.S. You are SO pretty!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Ah Janna I love you and you're so freaking pretty!!! It's nice to read this & know I'm not the only one burnt out. So burnt out and sometimes I too feel like am I doing this right. Do I actually have blogger fans. Ahhh sometimes it's just too much. Taking a break from social media for the weekend is fabulous! Since I've been burnt out I've decided to blog every other day & absolutely no blogging on Sunday. It's helped a little!!

Xo

Pamela said...

You're too cute! I haven't been much into blogging lately! I love it but don't want to get too burnt out on it since I use it as our 'scrapbook'. It's nice to take a break for a few days!

Amanda said...

Hugs and hugs! I have had many a blogging breakdown! I usually just unplug and run away for a day or two, then come back feeling refreshed :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Sometimes you definitely need to live life!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Sometimes you definitely need to live life!!!

Unknown said...

As much as I love my computer life is happening right outside. Its good to go enjoy it. The computer can wait.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I've been there too. Sometimes it is nice to step away and live. It's hard to continuously balance it all.

lesley: the dream tree said...

i haven't been on the blog for over a week now so i'm just catching up! i have to take a break also. too much life stuff going on right now. so weird you are feeling the same! looks like you had a great time over the weekend though (:

Megan said...

I have definitely gotten burned out...several times!! I don't reply to all of my comments anymore unless they specifically ask me something. I choose LIFE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...