Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello SUMMER!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Do you all have a ton of fun things planned?
I know Pinterest is abuzz with BBQ shenanigans and Patriotic decor.
I will be working, but I will most DEFINITELY be remembering the true spirit of the holiday.

That's right my dears, this holiday is more than just the kickoff of Summer.

Source: google.com via Janna on Pinterest


"In peace sons lay to rest their fathers, in war fathers lay to rest their sons."

But I do not want you to be all sad. 
It is not just to mourn the loss of the soldiers. 
It is to celebrate the sacrifice they make 
for all of us.


That means PARTY DOWN people!
If I can't do this, you should be:



One of my lovely "sponsors" bloggy friends asked me to guest post tomorrow because she will definitely be partyin' it up, so I will be over there talking about the infamous Incline. It is so hardcore that we didn't even make it to the top! Just wait till you see it...


Please visit Alana, if you don't already lover her ;)



Oh, and I won my THIRD Giveaway! I'm on a roll!
Thanks Michelle!
I will definitely put that Amazon Gift Card to use!

My last piece of advice today, is to practice safe fun this weekend! No drinking and driving, don't burn the burgers, and no kiddies alone by the pool.  Have a safe and WONDERFUL weekend!



16 comments:

P!nky said...

Congrats on the win love!!!

I'm with you STAY SAFE peeps! and remember what this weekend is REALLY ABOUT!

xoxo

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and your honey!! Hope you get to talk to him this weekend!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Amanda said...

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Have fun and I'll be thinking of you and your soldier :)

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Hope you and your hubby have a great Memorial Day!!!

Nicole said...

I appreciate the safety tips at the bottom! Especially the drinking and driving-part of my job it to reduce this in Eastern Montana, which has one of the highest rates of drinking and driving in the nation.

Happy Memorial Weekend to you!

Nicole said...

Wow, you're just snatching all the wins up! Awesome! :). Hope you have a great weekend anyway!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

I wish someone would give away a vacation! Man, I am becoming greedy! ha!

J and A said...

Look at you - winner!! Love that cartoon. Happy weekend!! Great advice too. :)

Hilary said...

Congrats again! Yes, we will most definitely be thinking of those who are sacrificing for us!!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

youre just winning left and right! get it! i love alanas blog, shes is so cute! have a wonderful weekend, love the picture!!

xoxo

Alice said...

Have a great weekend! I'm glad you threw the kiddies in the pool part in. I know my last weekend was enough of that. :(

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

We have some friends that live in CO and they do the Incline all the time. My hubbs has done it as well, I can't wait to go for a visit so I can make my way to the top. Her (my friend) pictures are always so fabulous!!!
Enjoy your weekend my dear!!!!

Rach said...

Girl, this was such a great post. Great reminder! :) Enjoy your weekend even though you will be working!

Mary Ann said...

I hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Weekend, Janna! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

Nicole said...

Party on girly!! I hope your weekend has been awesome!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Hope it was a good one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...