Friday, May 11, 2012

Grandmas Are Super Moms!

And I have the most Super Mom EVER.
She's my 82 y/o Best Friend!


Everyone says that I am JUST like her, which makes me very proud.
As a matter of fact- Grandma and Grandpa eloped too ;)
 Hmm...I wonder who I got that from?
They parented these two, and the one on the left ended up parenting me:


A couple o'foxes!
They look like twins to me, which is funny because they were both separately adopted as babies....Yep, my grandparents gave the best gift you can give: love for two children that weren't even theirs. Let me tell you...I wouldn't be here or near as awesome if it wasn't for my grandparents.  
They raised Daddy and Aunt Edie right, and in turn they helped me become who I am. 
By the way, by awesome, I mean tender-hearted, giving, understanding, patient, loving, honest and loyal.  
Those are the kind of traits that I find AWESOME.

In honor of Mother's Day- I dedicate today's post to her, but I must also thank my MOMMA for being the other guiding light in my life!! Where would I be without you?!?!


If I told you how old she is...You wouldn't believe me!
Let's just say- that's a picture of her with my BIG brother and we also have a BIG sister! I'm 26, so you do the math.

To all the mom's out there...Thank you for ALL that you do.  As a mother to Weiser- I go crazy, so  I can't even imagine taking the life of a child or their mental and spiritual growth into my hands.
I SERIOUSLY applaud you...You deserve this day <3

So as for yesterday's post, Mallory is the only one that had the official right guess!
#1 Is true because I met Randy Jackson when he was the Grand Marshall in the Ft. Lauderdale boat parade! When  Miss Miami and myself were taken up to meet him, he heard me sing and decided to put me on the mic! Such a thrill.
#3 Is true because when I was on a flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa, we had an engine die, the cabin caught on fire and when we tried to land the landing gear wouldn't go down!  It was more like a belly flop, but there is no such thing as a plane fender bender. It's all or nothin'.
That leaves #2 as my lie! I have a BA in English, thank you very much ;)


To all my silent ranks...I hope you enjoy your day too! We deserve it.
Source: google.com via Janna on Pinterest


On Sunday, visit Desiree because I will be a part of a little video tribute!
Have a great weekend y'all!


17 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Aw, your family sounds awesome!! Hope Grandma and your your mom have the best mother's day!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Nikki said...

You and your Gram are so cute! Sounds like your family is awesome!

Happy Weekend!

Jamie said...

How cute are you and your Grandma. Happy MilSpouse appreciation Day. We DO deserve it! Have a great weekend.

Pamela said...

Your Grandma is TOO cute! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! We appreciate YOU & YOUR husband SO much!! :)

P!nky said...

AWWWW you have some fabulous women in your life! your mama is so cute!!!

WOW, you have had some amazing things happen in your life, will you sing for me on our blate? ;)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!! Familys are the unsung heros of our military!

LOVE YOU SWEETS!

xoxo

Hilary said...

Aw, such a sweet post! ...Still can't believe you were in a plane crash. I may never fly again.

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

aww! Your grandma is adorable!!! My grandma is here for the weekend and I am SO excited. I only see her once a year. Happy Mommy's day to you :) XO

Niken said...

i swear you have a gene of gorgeousness in your family. Happy Mother's day!!!

CeCe said...

So awesome that you have such a great relationship with your grandma. What a good hearted family you come from! I actually never really knew either of my grandparents so it's kind of a foreign concept for me.

Jean said...

What a sweet post! <3

Can't wait for you to be a mommy one day (to baby boy or girl)! xoxo.

Jean said...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. . . eloping is not bad. . . We think of that sometimes. . . We're fun like that, too! ;) Happy weekend.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Your grandma sounds so sweet, Happy Milispouse Appreciation day Chicka!!!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day girl !!!

lori said...

i love this post! your grandmomma sounds like a very special lady! my grandparents eloped, too... i always thought it was very romantic :)

Megan said...

I love that your grandma and grandpa eloped, too! So romantic!! Such a sweet post to your family.

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

love super moms. and 82?! she is awesome. i adore the old photos. awesome (again).

jessica said...

This is a really sweet post.

My Grandmommy adopted my mom and uncle from separate families, too. Although they don't look so much alike as your dad and aunt do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...