Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Soldier > Celebrity



I had planned on recapping last weekend today, but I'm still waiting on pictures!
You will just have to wait for the awesomness ;)
Instead I will ramble about some things on my heart. Humor me.


In the case that many of you probably don't know, this month is Military Appreciation Month!
Around this blog, it doesn't make a difference, since the Military are appreciated all the time, but  I thought I would beat it into your heads spread the word.


I am not asking for any more appreciation for myself, because you are all so incredibly supportive, but I do hope that you will simply keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.  That is seriously all I ask. 
At the root of it all, there are sons, brothers, husbands, and daddy's putting their lives on the line for you, and I don't think that a few prayers and positive thoughts would be a bad idea.


**UPDATE**
Please excuse my idiocy in not mentioning the daughters, sisters, wives, and mothers that are sacrificing too!   I guess I was a little too emotional when I wrote this, but I can't forget them!!  Thank you Tabitha, for the reminder! I <3 You.


Those of you that are sending Care Packages, you are already going ABOVE AND BEYOND, and I really hope that you know how amazing you are. Every time I get an email or tweet about your care packages, my heart fills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, I remembered that I never shared about Will's last night...
To keep it simple, I will tell you that we had to load all of his bags into our truck and have bag drop in the middle of the night.  Instead of having to rush on post at a specific time, we made ourselves a pallet in the back of the truck, and cuddled for the last time.


(our sweet picnic setup)

After bag drop, we went into the unit and began the real waiting process.
Luckily, the mood was lighter than I expected, so we all chatted, reminisced, and laughed.
It was what we all needed.

(The LT rying to make everything fit in his carry-on)



Shortly thereafter, I had to say goodbye to the love of my life.
To this date, it is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do.
I take that as a blessing.
I am blessed to love someone SO much that I am willing to stand beside him through thick and thin. 
No matter what.

That's why I tell you that I don't need any appreciation. I live off of your words of encouragement, but your appreciation, thoughts, and prayers are better saved for the ones making the real sacrifices.





Soldiers Spouse Creed
I am in love with a United States soldier,
I will support him in his defense of The Constitution of The United States of America, and I will understand that he must obey the orders of those appointed over him.
I represent the true backbone and fighting spirit of the Army and for those who have served before me, I salute you with all the strength and loyalty my heart can muster.
I proudly stand by the one I love with honor, courage, and commitment.
I  am committed to support my soldier and The United States Army.


I remember one particular message of encouragement I received, and it was so poignant that I saved it...


"Have a good weekend and remember....nobody can stop time. Every day you get closer to your hubby. "

CeCe, I can't thank you enough for the words that are getting me through this deployment. As a military spouse yourself, you are an amazing example of strength and loyalty.


I have to admit, this post is happening because Will is traveling, and that's when this deployment is hard for me.  The travel time is when things can happen...
I'll be holding my breath till he's back at his own FOB.
Good thing I have the pup, work, my blog, and ALL of you to keep me engaged!



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have plenty to keep you busy, but if you ever want to chat, I'd love to listen! I admire you tremendously and I love reading your posts. I truly admire the love you have for your husband and can only hope to experience the same one day! Stay strong, and all will be fine! Prayers for you, your hubby, and all the troops. Tonight and always <3

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Im praying for safe travels for your love and a quick return to his FOB. I to remember both of our Deployment days they were the hardest days I have ever lived through 2nd would be sending him back after R&R.
Your holding up strong girl, hang in there!!!!

Jenn said...

I'm keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and hoping for safe travels and arrivals! Hugs and love being sent your way!! :)

Nikki said...

Woman you are so so strong! I am keeping you and your hubby in my prayers! If you need anything lemme know! Oh and if you wanna come to NJ and NYC lemme know!

P!nky said...

I HEART YOU! And your heart and love for your man and the military. I always try to say "thank you for your service" to ANY military man or woman I see in uniform. Maybe I'll start asking for autograph's too ;)!

Love the camping set up, so cute!

Prayers for your man and for your piece of mind. :)!

Pamela said...

Gosh I just love you & your hubby, & I haven't even met yall (YET!) :) ha

Hi said...

I come from a huge military family. Both my brothers and my Dad all serve/served. There is nothing more frightening or proud then being in this life. Praying for safe travels for your hubby and peace of mind for you <3

Alana Christine said...

What a touching post! Y'all are such a precious couple!

Hilary said...

I'm saying prayers for them all! You're a strong gal!

Nobody said...

I love you! ALWAYS in my prayers.

Amanda said...

Praying he has a safe return to FOB! And we're all here for you :) I can't imagine how hard it is being a military wife, but I know you're a strong woman!

CeCe said...

I'm so glad those words had such a lasting and helpful impact on you. I said those words to myself so many times while my hubby was away for eleven long months. It feels unreasonable to even ask someone to have to go through it but it's life and you have no choice so you do it and you make the best of it. They can screw with his schedule, they can send him away, they can postpone his leave but they can never ever stop time. You got them on that one!! He'll be back.

Megan Wadsworth said...

I love it! That's such a good send off! We got our messed up by the volcano back in April 2010, so I flew out to Campbell, said our tearful goodbye, then got a phone call at the airport saying he wasn't leaving until the next day. Which then turned into the next week. With no phone or computer. Talk about stress!

Nicole said...

We are here for you all the time! I try to say a prayer daily for our soldiers-they need it. I'll add the spouses and significant others to that list as well :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Totally not tooting my own horn, but there are women over there too!

You two are so cute.

xx
Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this. As someone who come from a long line of military, they are definitely appreciated =)

J and A said...

You are so sweet. And strong. Alwys thinking of you two..xo

Kristin said...

praying for you and your love!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

My sweet friend,

while I do not have any family members over seas, I am so incredibly proud of all of my friends and friends spouses ;) that are over seas. I am grateful every single day for the sacrifice and protection. Please tell will that I said that you for helping keep this country safe. For keeping me safe. For keeping my babies safe. Give him a cyber hug for me and for you too! Love you!

Raven said...

I've always always ALWAYS said that the people in the military are my heroes. :)

Megan said...

Y'all are so precious!! The troops are always in my prayers...and the families of the troops!! Love you, friend!

Nicole said...

Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but is he army? Mark and I were talking about army vs airforce, etc... and that's why I wondered :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...