Thursday, May 3, 2012

Avo-Shrimp Dip

I made this (and planned to post it) quite some time ago, which means I am overdue for a recipe post!
This is a REALLY good one, and perfect for Spring/Summer. YUM.

I tend to end up with leftover produce and groceries that need to be used, so I find a recipe that will allow me to utilize them.  For example: I had Feta, seafood, and red onion that needed to be used, and on top of that someone gave me some Avocados.  There was NO WAY I was gonna miss out on that flavor combination!  A few clicks on the inter-web, and an appropriate recipe appeared! 


A.K.A
Avo-Shrimp Dip



Ingredients

Body:
  • 1 sm. red onion, finely diced (I used half of a medium)
  • 1/2 C. cilantro, chopped (I used almost a full cup)
  • 16 oz. fresh bay shrimp (I used pre-cooked/frozen, since there is already a LOT of prep in this recipe)
  • 8 oz. tomato-basil feta crumbles (I used regular Feta)
  • 1 avocado, cubed (I used 3!) 
  • 1 fresh lime, juiced
Dressing:
I DID NOT like all of that oil, so you should definitely go with less and add more lime.  MUCH better!
  • 1/2 C. olive oil (Use 1/4 C. olive oil)
  • 1-2 fresh limes, juiced (Use 2!)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions


Dressing:

In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the olive oil, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify and set aside.

In a small colander, place separated shrimp, and drizzle with lime juice. Toss and set aside.


Add the finely diced red onion, the chopped cilantro, the feta crumbles and the cubed avocado to a medium mixing bowl. Give the colander a gentle shake and add the bay shrimp to the bowl. Gently toss the ingredients until just mixed. 

Drizzle the dressing and gently toss again so as not to break up the shrimp meat. Serve with toasted Baguette slices.

It would have been easier, if I had just popped it in the food processor, but I really like the chunky consistency!  Maybe next time I will try it in the processor to see how it comes out.  I obviously used Hint of Lime tortillas, and they worked really well, but use whatever works for you. Enjoy!



Don't forget! Tomorrow is the Big Announcement!  

15 comments:

Jean said...

sounds and looks good! yum! love this!

P!nky said...

OH EM GOSH SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW! I want this for breakfast!!!

xoxo

Michelle said...

Yum looks so good!

Pamela said...

YUMMY!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

YUM - that looks sooo good!!! Perfect for spring and summer! :)

Nicole said...

Hmmm... I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I might be willing to try it :). You coming to make it for me... LOL :)

Alice said...

This looks delish!! I'm going to be craving shrimp all day now! :) I'll have to try this recipe out soon, thanks for sharing. :)

Mallory said...

That looks soooo good! You're tempting me to break into my lunch before lunch time;)
Too bad nothing I brought looks even remotely close to as good as this recipe!

Sheila@TheFailteHouse said...

This looks so delicious! Sharing this with The Fit Cook!

Andrea D said...

Mmmm I want some yummy dip! Sans shrimp for this veg, though. This looks great for Cinco de Mayo :)

Raven said...

offing AMAZING. Those are like my favorite ingredients all combined into one. You better bet I will making this for Cinco de Drinko this weekend!!!!

ps oh and GOOD LUCK! (wink wink)

Kristin said...

looks so yummy!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

OMG that looks aaaamazing! now im hungry haha! just added your button to my blog! xo! TGIF

Megan said...

Oh how delicious!! I haven't eaten yet today and my stomach is now growling!!!

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

get in my belly!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...