Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What I'm loving Wednesday




All of a sudden, I feel the need to share what I am loving with you all...

 +TWO awesome Skype dates!
The first was with Desiree from All At Once (previously Mama And Her Boys)


Yep, we talked for over TWO hours, and it felt like five minutes.
It's astounding that you can meet through blogging, and feel like you have known each other forever.

And after too many days, I finally heard from my soldier.


It's like I could breathe again.

Speaking of Desiree and the love of my life....

+I LOVE the 
15 Ways To Stay Married For 15 Years 
on Desiree's blog!
I am proud to say that we practice all of these, pretty well ;)

+After not having an appetite since Will left, I'm loving FOOD.
I was seriously getting tired of just making myself eat, but not enjoying it.
My three faves, right now:

Sweet Potato Chips and good ol' Ketchup.

Source: google.com via Janna on Pinterest


Parmesan Crusted Green Beans, and I throw in Mesquite Seasoning and bacon.

Source: google.com via Janna on Pinterest




This stuff is Bomb-Diggity. I can't even 
explain the hold this glorious product has
 on me. I typically eat it with grapes or
 Granny smith apples, but it's also good 
 in a peanut butter & Jelly sammich.

I definitely want to try it in 
smoothies. I'm pretty sure it will 
taste like a Caribbean adventure.

I'm thinking:
Coconut PB
Vanilla protein powder
Pineapple
Coconut Water
Greek Yogurt or Avocado.

(Don't knock the Avocado)




+Discovering new Photo Editing Sites!
Picmonkey is my new go-to for simple editing.
iPiccy has COLLAGES and general editing.
Pixlr is my go-to for creating images from scratch, and editing blog buttons!
Between the three, I have all the tools I need!


+My impromptu shopping spree!
I went into the store looking for a surprise for my girlfriends birthday and came out with all of this:

(Totally didn't know what to do with my hands. Haha)

Did I:

A) Splurge because I damn well deserve it?
OR
B) Get some to good to be true deals?

How bout you guess how much I spent...

Oh, and apparently, Tabitha is up to something on her blog about me today, but she won't tell me what. That makes me scared.


36 comments:

Nicole said...

Love those sweet potatos!

Madison Claire said...

Those green beans look delicious! And where can you get that peanut butter? I definitely want to try it!

madisonclaireharrington.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the lime green cover! And sweet potato chips?! Please?!
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

Jean said...

your three foods are looking goooood!


cuuute dresses!!

Jan said...

Skype with friends is THE best! My bestest friends are 10K miles away and I love how we can skype and facetime even though I just woke up and they're just about to sleep :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm currently having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

That's great you had two awesome skype dates!
It's also fantastic that you heard from your soldier!
I am now starving and am about to raid my cupboards for a midnight snack that I really don't need ;)
Super cute outfits!

Unknown said...

Glad you heard from your soldier =). The green beans looks awesome. I dont like peanut butter or ketchup! Ek. lol. but as always you look great!

Jenn said...

Looks like you got some great pieces, even if you DID splurge (which I have a feeling you didn't really). But, either way, they are cute, so who cares?? :)

P!nky said...

LOVE LVOE LOVE the sweet potatoe chips, my man and I make them ALL THE TIME!!!

Your close are amazing and I KNOW you didn't splurge cause that's sooo not you!


um missy, we need a skype date too!

xoxo

Trish said...

Thanks for sharing those pic editing sites! Can't wait to try them out!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Aw, so glad you got to hear from your hubby!! And you got some great things! I bet you got some great deals but I also think you deserved it! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Katie said...

Love all the things on your list! Yay for talking to your hubby. And of course loving the impromptu shopping items!

Susan said...

The Sweet Potato Chips and the Green Beans look terrific!! :)

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

We need to have a Skype date :)

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

I LOVED our skype date and literally almost called you yesterday just to say hi and ramble!! Lol. Thanks for the shout out gorgeous:) even of NY is not a go, can we please schedule a time for be to come to CO or vis versa?! Loving you bargain shopping, lover! This mama needs new clothes. Let's go!

Hilary said...

Wow! Can you believe I am a Skype Virgin?? I'm gonna say you got some too good to be true deals but they sure do look like splurges... where??

Amanda said...

Yay for liking food again! I was the same way when I was living alone and doing long distance. I just didn't have the motivation to cook for one. It wasn't as tasty... Glad you've got your appetite back!

CeCe said...

I used to live for Skype dates with the hubs when he was away. Hope you get to do another one soon. Retail therapy is the best. Ok...I'm guessing about $200 bucks spent!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

That's so exciting you got to talk to your soldier - yay!!

J and A said...

I am so so so happy you heard from your man. :) Love. All your splurge items are beautiful! Nice work and well deserved, I say you got a good deal - you LOVE deals!! Do tell! And where from? :)

Blue Dog Belle said...

That coconut peanutbutter spread looks awesome!

My-cliffnotes said...

You got good deals, I say B.

My blog post is so worth stealing your pic you'll love it, swear.

Picky-palate.com has a cookies'n'cream peanut butter recipe, with oreo, chocolate and pb. I die. I will be making it once I'm moved because I fear that if I make it sooner then I'll never leave the kitchen.

x
Tab

agalandherdog said...

That Earth Balance sounds so good!

Cara said...

Mmmm all of the food looks delicious! I love sweet potato chips. Love that leopard dress you picked up and the fun necklace!

Jess said...

Haha! I love your "about me" description... It's pretty much the story of my life! I'm closer to 30 than people think, but they still think I'm 16 years old! and I should definitely have found a "career" by now as well!

Oh, and glad you got to hear from your man!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Skype dates are always so fun!!!! I love the outfits, super cute!!!!!!!

Katy said...

Thanks for sharing the website to make collages. Ever since Picnik shut down I've been struggling to make collages. I hope you splurged on some wonderful items for yourself!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

HAHAHHAHA! OMG the pic was not popping up before! thanks a lot! I will get you back! LOL

Ashleigh Nichole said...

I am glad you finally go to hear from your soldier my ex fiance use to be a soldier & I def know where you are coming from by being glad to hear from them! I just started following you & I cannot wait to see more & read more :)

lori said...

sweet potatoes are my favorite.

i like all of the 15 ways to stay married for 15 years... except #13- to bitch to your mil instead of your mother... while i do think it depends on your mil and momma, i do not see this going well. i think it would cause hostility in my relationships... while my momma could never think less of my hubs. she may like him more than me!

i'm guessing you spend in the $200 range?

Julie Marie said...

lol. i love the "totally didnt know what to do with my hands"...that is soooo me! again, im so uncool..

Nicole said...

Ok so if you got good deals, take me shopping next time! Great eye!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ooh skyping is too fun isn't it. Glad
You had a great time
With her!

Courtney B said...

So glad you got to skype with your man!! And I'm extra glad eating isn't such a chore anymore. I totally understand that feeling and it's the worst! That peanut butter stuff? I MUST try that!

Sarah said...

YAY for blog skype chats - so perfect! love your blog!

Megan said...

Those sweet potato things look so delish! I want to skype!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...