Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Defining My Own Perception, Birthday Edition!

In honor of MY Birthday, I will share how I define my own perception!
Isn't it great that my birthday is falling on a Wednesday??

Photobucket

As you all know, it was hard for me to divulge where I work.
It's not that I'm embarrassed by it, but some people think that I should be. "Why don't you get a real job?" "Do you like getting disrespected by men?" "Have you ever heard of the feminist movement?" "How old are you again?" I've heard them all.

I laugh it off, and this is why:

Photobucket

+ My job does not define me.
+ I make in one day, what some people make in a week.
+ I am never bored at work.

we represent the "crew with the view" ;)

+ I only work an average of 30 hours per week.
+ I make my own schedule and can take off whenever I want.
+ I get paid to travel and it's always a "girls trip".

We walked into the bar 39 degrees at 430 to our vip section poppin bottles at 4:30 pm...this is when i knew the trip was goin to b insane

+ I win extra money for just wearing a bikini.
+ I have been able to transfer every time we move, which is conducive to our military lifestyle.
+ My hubby is proud of me.

Honestly, most people are surprised that Will isn't phased by me working there, but I am blessed to have a husband that is secure with himself and our relationship.
Speaking of which...Here is what does define me:

My Marriage.

Photobucket
Our little family <3

Dennis Wagner

Supporting my soldier.

Photobucket

My love for travel.

coolest dog ever!!

And simply having as much fun in life as I possibly can.

Photobucket

When I talked to my dad the other day, he made sure to rub it in that I'm getting old. Not that 27 is that old in the grand scheme of things, but as my dad so politely pointed out, it's getting close to 30. I'm happy that I'm one of those that believes that 30 is the new 20, and I DEFINITELY think that I am now getting to my prime. To be honest...I'd like to think that there is no "downhill from here". If perception really is everything, then I'm priming for my prime until I'm 90. Well, why not?

All that matters to me is that I have this man by my side for the rest of my days:

Photobucket

I know they say you musn't be defined by a man...but I'm not.
I'm defined by the greatest love I have ever witnessed in my life.
I happen to think that is the best thing you can hope to ever be defined by.

Happy Halloween to all of you, and I can't wait to see all the recaps.
Lover, In case I don't get to talk to you today, I love you and thanks for finding all the little ways to make my birthday special. You never cease to amaze me, and I love you with all of my heart!






50 comments:

Johlet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Laura said...

Happy birthday pretty girl! Enjoy your day!

Brooke said...

I think we get better with age!

Happy B day!


Brooke

Jen Mc said...

Happy Birthday!
Happy Halloween!
Girl, as long as YOU are happy in life and in what you do, THAT'S the important thing.
Hugs!

Sam said...

Happy birthday! You certainly said it best above! Essentially do what makes you HAPPY!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Lady! Enjoy your day! I love your outlook on life! So positive and that is awesome!

BKell83 said...

Happy birthday! Thanks for the great post- any chance you remember / want to share where you got the "this area protected by" tank top?! I'd LOVE to order one!!! Thanks!

Morgan Neal said...

Happy birthday beautiful! You are an amazing woman! & hope to meet you! Hope today is the best & you get to talk to your sweet husband!

modeerfspelledbackwards said...

Happy birthday! I'm a new follower and I really love your perspective on life. It's so assertive and fearless. Love reading your blog!

Alana Christine said...

This was an amazing post! Thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday!
P.S. You are one HOT almost 30 year old! hahaha.

Nicole said...

Love it! And Happy Birthday!!! Hopefully you have a wonderful one!!

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Happy Birthday girl!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day :):)

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope your day is as wonderful and fabulous as you are!

And I looove your attitude on your job, who you are, and what defines you :) Hope you have a great day!

J and A said...

Happy birthday hot stuff. I love this post. You are awesome. I love your attitude and what defines you. :)

CeCe said...

I love this post too! I feel like my 30's are way better then my 20's. I know who I am now and I'm more settled and that is the best! Heck, I wish I was a Hooters girl!! It looks fun. It's your job, you get some fun perks, you make good money and you look good doing it so who cares what anyone thinks!! Happy Birthday.

Katie said...

happy birthday!! the perks of your job sound great! :) and you definitely know what is important and what defines you - love it!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Janna! I love your "perception" and I completely agree with it. I can confirm that 30 IS the new 20 (I went into my 30th bday with the same attitude.) I think your 20's are the time to figure everything out, but your 30's are when you truly start to enjoy life. So with that said, bring on 31! (my bday is 11/17)

BRIGHTLIGHTS said...

Happy Birthday!! I enjoyed reading this post! Thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog!

Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

happy birthday to one of the sweetest, most loving, happy girls I know! MWAH!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to a great person! :)

Alice said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! May all your birthday wishes come true!! Enjoy your day!

Helene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i love how real you are which is why I continue to follow. And i completely agree with you. seriously great post.

Hilary said...

I hope you are having a blast here in the DC Metro area - I need to catch up on your posts...I have been kinda absent from blogland lately, and completely forgot about your recent visit! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANNA! XO

Jane said...

I love this post! Happy birthday! I hope you have a a great day. I know celebrating birthdays while your husband is deployed is a little bittersweet. Lots of hugs and birthday joy!

P!nky said...

Happy Happy Happiest of birthdays my loveylove! Gave you a shout out on the bliggyblog!

You are so wise beyond your 27 young years! I <3 your perspective, such a breath of fresh air!

xoxo

Sami said...

Happy Birthday Sweetness!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday girlie!!! I hope you are having a GREAT day! And I think you're job is awesome! I used to be a server at a breakfast restaurant and I LOVED it. So much fun and the money even there was really good! I worked there for 3 years right after graduating with a degree in finance, lol. Also...I love your hair in the photo of you in the army shirt...did you just use a regular curling iron to get it like that??

Anonymous said...

Love the post and your perception. Happy Birthday!*!*!

Simplyheather said...

I actually admire your job :) Happy Birthday, my love <3 xoxo

The Better Belle Project said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous!! Love this post and how much you show your love for your man in it! <3

Jean said...

Of course you know that I had to come by and say HELLO and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANNA!!!! XOXO

Love this post! It's so easy for people to stand there and judge us... You know what? I either love people for who they are or just leave, no need to make a big deal, who can define your life for you anyway?? You're a wonderful person! You have a great heart!

Have a great time on your remaining vacation!!! :) :)

Jean said...

P.S. I really do think 30's are going to be better than 20's.... I am very close!!! ;)

Kait said...

I loved this Janna! I am so happy to have "met" you through blog world. You are so kind and sweet--and just genuine! I hope you have the happiest birthday in the world! I am anxiously awaiting your hubby's arrival home where you two can enjoy each other's company IN PERSON once again. XOXO GF! Have a wonderful day!

Kait

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I'm so glad that you shared all this on your BIRTHDAY! I always love hearing more of your perspective, and this just confirms why we're friends because you're proud of you and your hubby is proud of you and I'm proud of you!

My-cliffnotes said...

Beautiful happy birthday!!

Xx

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I love this post!!! Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday Janna, I hope you have a lovely day.

Brittany said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Niken said...

you are ah-mazing!
love you and happy birthday!!!!
or 'selamat ulang tahun' as we say it in indonesian

Unknown said...

Happy day of birth! I must admit that last night while making my vlog for the Girl Behind the Blog link up, I checked out yours and some of your other vlogs on youtube! It was great to see you and hear you! :) Enjoy your special day x

TwoFourFive said...

Happy Birthday!! That picture of you, your hubby, and your dog is the sweetest!! Hope you had a great day :)

Rach said...

Happy (belated) birthday, friend! I hope it was a wonderful day! :) Love you!

cynthia said...

I can not seem to catch up on my blog reading this week so I am a day late for everything but HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL! :) You are so right about being defined by all the great things in your life. xoxoxo

Sarah said...

New follower here! Happy Birthday and love your blog. I agree with a lot of what you say here and our jobs definitely do not define us!

Erin James said...

happy birthday, sweetie!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday gorgeous! I absolutely loved this post (: Especially the super cute pictures of you and Will! Shoot I would totally love to work at your job.

lesley: the dream tree said...

happy belated!
i can't wait for will to be back so you two can be reunited. this has definitely been a test that you have a marriage like a rock.
i would love to have your job some days. enjoy it while you can (:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love that line about not being defined by your man, but more about the love. What a beautiful way to put it. Happy Birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Your newest follower,
Kim :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...