Monday, October 1, 2012

October = Fall In Full Swing



Saturday, I got caught up around the house and with blogging (hallelujah), which left Sunday free to hang out with Miss Sami! As I mentioned on Friday, we went to a legit Alpaca farm.
I didn't really know what to think when she first mentioned it, but with Fall in full swing, I figured that Black Forest would be beautiful and it doesn't matter what Sami and I do, we always have fun.

Tell me that this doesn't look fun...

Photobucket

Baby Alpacas? I die.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finished the day off with lunch at Jason's Deli and it was nummers. I can't wait to take Will there when he gets home. He is going to love it, and I need an excuse to go back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We obviously passed the first day of Fall, but for me, today is the real kick off.
That's not all that October brings, though. 
It is my BIRTH MONTH.

Okay, so in truth... I'm not the biggest lover of my birthday.
It falls ON Halloween (yep, the 31st), so Halloween festivities trump my actual day of glory.
When my wonderful hubby entered the picture and started making my birthday his priority, it definitely improved, but it's too bad the Army has other plans for him and this is the SECOND year in a row that he won't be here.
Haaaarrrruuuummmppphhhh.

Last year, Will and my best friend conspired to get me to Baltimore to spend it with her, so we will be continuing that tradition this year (hence the trip I mentioned), but I figured why not just make this October a birth month to remember?

I've done the big parties, crazy vacations, and the birthday shopping sprees, so if that's what you are thinking, you are wrong. I want to celebrate it RIGHT here with all of YOU!
Some of the most fab bloggers will be visiting, there will be a "costume party", AND a giveaway.
Yep, that's right. We are giving YOU gifts for MY birthday.
That's how we roll 'round here.

Needless to say, I'm excited.
For now...Happy October and I'm happy to officially welcome Fall!
{Thanks in advance for humoring my craziness this month. Teehee}




18 comments:

Brooke said...

They are so cute! =)


Brooke

P!nky said...

You are so adorable and have such a giving heart!

Must be why we are friends! xoxo

Kait said...

You had me at baby alpacas! Who could say no to that?! LOVE!

I'm so happy to be part of your big October birthday bash! :)

XO
Kait
kaitsawyer.blogspot.com

Erin said...

What a fun day to have a birthday on! I'd dress up as a cupcake complete with candle on my rad every damn year. Mine is July 3rd so it has always kind of been trumped by the fourth as well. But it's great because everyone always is down to do stuff with you!

Hilary said...

Aw, y'all two look great! That's AWESOME about your b'day!! Hopefully I can meet up with ya to sing Happy Birthday to you!! :)

DSR said...

Looks like you and Sami had so much fun. I just warned her that we will not be visiting any farms when she comes to Chicago.

And I hear you about the birthday things. This year my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, but at least it's not on Thanksgiving every year. But I'm a vegetarian, and will be spending it in the car driving to all my families houses around Chicago and the suburbs. Happy 30th to me?!

You will still have a wonderful birthday. And although your husband won't be home, you know he will be thinking about and celebrating from afar. And at least you get to take a little trip to visit your friend.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! And don't worry, my hubby's birthday is November 1 so it usually gets trumped by Halloween festivities but this year is his 30th so I'm throwing him a surprise birthday party! :)

Rach said...

Looks like you guys had fun! And it sounds like a super exciting month ahead for the blog! :)

Sami said...

I can't believe more people aren't excited about the alpacas! Nobody was excited on my blog either! I guess they just have to see those cuties in person!! Glad you came and had a good time :)

Jen said...

That baby alpaca is adorable, I want him!

Sarah said...

Awww looks like you had a great weekend!! You're so generous on your birth month!! I admire that :)

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Ya for your birthday month!!!! I'm so excited! I wish I could be with you to celebrate. I'm a big birthday person & love celebrating friends special days! But expect a birthday package soon from me gf!! And how fun was ur adventure w Sami?! Love it & perf for the start of fall!!! Love you gf!!!!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Birthday Month what what!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

First off, happy early birthday!! I'll be gone on the actual day but still wanted to send bday wishes :)

Secondly how cute are you two?! Looks like so much fun!!

Thirdly, it was 99 degrees in LA today and 106 at my parents in the suburbs. I'm jealous if your fall-like weather.

Thanks for linking up!

Nicole said...

I have never seen a baby alpaca, but boy are they CUTE!!!

Holly said...

My birthday is the day after St. Patrick's Day, so that A-hole always trumps my big day :) I feel your pain! Haha!

Um, that alpaca farm looks amazing! How cute are those baby alpacas! I want one!

Amanda said...

1. Please send me your address!

2. Please send me your address!

3. Happy birthday month!

Courtney B said...

Ooooh the babies! SO PRECIOUS!!
And Happy Birthday month!! I love that you are making this month such a fun one even though you aren't a lover of your birthday! Hopefully that will make time fly and Will will be home before you know it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...