Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Define your own Perception, Living In Yellow!

This is going to be cheesy and so 6th grade...
but today I have been married for two and one half years.
Yep, I'm that person that gets excited about the half-iversarys, we celebrate our first date anniversary, our official BF/GF anniversary, and of course our wedding anniversary. Basically, we just like to celebrate our love.

A few fun statistics:
We got engaged on our two year anniversary.
We eloped two months later.
We announced our elopement one month after that.
Our families still haven't met.
We have been separated 20+months out of 57 total.
I have spent four out of five of his Birthdays with him.
He has spent two out of five with me.
In spite of, (or perhaps because of?) we are stronger than 90% of the relationships I come across. Yes, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but only if you are in love and strong enough  to endure.


You know who else makes a cute couple?
Erin and her hubby from Living In Yellow!
Photobucket

I am SO happy that she is visiting us today, because she happens to be on my list of top five bloggers EVER. I love her just that much, and I can promise you will too.

Photobucket


I used to think...that to be succesful I had to wear pencil skirts, be my own boss, and have unlimited income potential.

Now I know...that pencil skirts can be very uncomfortable, being my own boss really just means I would be spending way too much money at Target on the reg, and a steady paycheck is a pretty comfortable way to live.

People see me as...somebody who is outgoing, laid back, and doesn't know how to get mad.

But I hope that they know...that I am raging with anger on the inside. That is a joke people. I hope that they know that while on the outside I may be cool, calm, and collect, sometimes on the inside I feel anything but.


I blog because...I find it highly entertaining. It's a great creative outlet, a nice way to make some cash money motto, and an ever greater way to get to know some amazeballs people.
Speaking of...I'd love to meet you.
Please?
...And I've officially started begging.
 
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Let me tell you, homegirl hates doing guest posts, so I'm VERY happy that she went all out for this one. It makes me feel very special, as have all the Perception Is Everything girls. I can't even explain what you have all meant to me. Tear. I feel like a proud momma ;)

Erin, thanks so much for visiting, and Hubby...Happy 2.5 years, lover.
Best 2.5 years of my life. Hands down. Deployment and all.



Photobucket

37 comments:

Rima said...

YES. I agree with the absence. It does make me look forward for the times being with the Beau. I live 50 miles away from the boyfriend and we only see each other during the weekend. It is rough, but we're still going strong!

haha and yes I do celebrate BF/GF anniversary, first date annies too hahaha

The Better Belle Project said...

Congrats on your 2.5 anniversary!!

Not much longer till he comes home, I hope! :)

Johlet said...

I think one of the reasons I follow blog like yours and Erin's is because you guys are such an inspiration!
Love it!
And happy anniversary!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

Inna xoxo said...

I love this!
Congrats on your 2.5 years!
Im in a long distance relationship so reading this was very inspiring! I absolutely agree that absence makes the heart grow fonder but deff only if your strong enough <3

xoxo Inna :)
My Daily Fix

Morgan Neal said...

Hahah. We celebrate everything too! Love this. I should totally tally up my statics. It would look like yours. Hah! But there isn't a love quite like it. Congrats!

Kiki said...

YOu and your hubby are so dang cute!!! Love it and Erin is so beautiful and real! I love reading her blog!

XoXo

Rach said...

Oh girl, I hear ya. We celebrate our dating anniversary, our engagement anniversary and of course our wedding anniversary! And to be honest, we celebrate them monthly. We have a little calendar that keeps track of the number of months we've been together and we celebrate! Next month we will actually celebrate 3000 days together! Yeah, so I definitely understand celebrating all along the way. I think it's wonderful to take time out to appreciate your love. :)

Also, Erin is adorable! I love her style!

P!nky said...

Happy Happy 2.5 years my lovely friend!

You and your hubby make me happy, because y'all so precious and real and IN LOVE!

xoxo

Alana Christine said...

Yay for 2.5 years! I bet you can't wait for him to get home so you can celebrate!

Unknown said...

happy 2.5!!!

I love to celebrate the little stuff too!!!

Thank you for your sacrifices of your little celebrations so we can stay free :)

Holly said...

I just love Erin!

And happy 2.5 years to you and the hubs! xoxo

Erin said...

Happy 2.5 years!! :) We are total cheeseballs and loves to celebrate our anniversary, first date anniversary, monthiversaries, you name it!! Any reason to celebrate how much we love our love!!! :)

Mallory said...

Omg that picture of you and the hubs? I die. You guys ar just th cutest!! Happy 1/2 o' versary:)

And yay for LIY! She's just so dang creative!

The Pink Growl said...

So sweet! Happy half anniversary! I love to count all the little milestones along the way!

lesley: the dream tree said...

absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder, but it's during that time that's so tough. i don't ever want to do that again.
happy 2.5 yr anniversary!
you're going to be reunited with him so soon and i'm so happy for you. that will be an amazing moment for you.

Nikki said...

1 I love yours and Wills story! I also love how solid you two are.

2. Erin is funny i love her blog!

Nicole said...

There is NO shame in celebrating half-iversaries! I celebrate my half birthday every year, tell people about it, get excited about it, and they all look at me like I'm crazy! They're the ones who are crazy, for not celebrating the little things in life!

Oh, and happy ONE WEEK until your birthday! LOL

Unknown said...

I love Erin's blog, what a great person to host as a guest :)

Have a wonderful day Janna!

p.s. Happy Anniversary!!!

Kait said...

Happy Half-aversary! Life is too short not to be celebrated! Love Erin as well :) XO

Jen said...

Happy 2.5 years! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 2.5 Anniversary!!

Jane said...

I'm a big celebrater of halfiversaries too! Happy 2.5! And, what a great guest post!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

you know how I feel about you two! I love your love and I am so grateful to have a similar relationship! Love is amazing.

Ashley said...

Happy 2 1/2 anniversary :-)

What is it like with your families never meeting?

Helene said...

happy anniversary!! i celebrate that stuff to. and great guest post. love that girl!

CeCe said...

Happy Half-iversary! I agree. It's NOT out of sight out of mind when you are with the right person. So when is the big day that the families will meet?

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Happy 2 1/2 years GF!!!!!!!!! It's so wonderful & even better because this has been long distance! You've showed me that true love does exist!!! I really can't wait to meet this amazing man one day ....& youuuuuu!!! Love u!!!

Katy said...

I think it's fun to celebrate the little anniversaries that most people forget about. It's all about the little things in marriage. Happy "anniversary"!

Sarah said...

Happy 2 1/2 years!! I love that you both love to celebrate your love! That's wonderful!! If it were up to me, my husband and I would celebrate our anniversary monthly, haha! We celebrate our dating anniversary, our wedding anniversary (obviously), and the "halfs" of the wedding anniversary (coming up Nov 21st!).

Hope you're having a great day girlie :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Love this!! Half any things are fab

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Happy 2 & 1/2 year anniversary girl!!!!

Jean said...

I am a lover of love. You two are just absolutely adorable! We like celebrating little to big things as well ;) I love meeting people that are in love, I think they could relate to how we feel. . . And they know that any relationship is filled with ups and downs... and look at the downs as making them stronger, not weak.

I know, lately, I feel that we are in a long distance relationship b/c of our schedules. :/ We get through it though :) Your statistics made me smile because in our early years of dating, we used to write everything in numbers like that. ;)

Sometimes, we talk about eloping, too... I once told my sisters that and they were not happy. LOL! None of my 5 sisters have had an American Wedding... >.<

Happy 2.5 years Anniversary! xo

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I think 2.5 years is a lovely thing to celebrate! Congratulations!

cynthia said...

Awww, congratulations! :)
We are so many years in I don't think much about the half years any more. hehe

A said...

Love it! Haha, my husband and my 2.5 year anniversary is December 5th and we will probably even celebrate. We don't have any "dating anniversaries" though, just an engagement anniversary day. Our wedding anniversary means the most to me, though :)

Nicole said...

That's crazy that your folks have never met. Dint worry, I like the haliversaries too!! Oh and you and your hubby are so cute!!!

Simplyheather said...

You two are my favorite couple! Love reading "WILNNA" facts! haha. I can't believe your parents never met. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...