Friday, October 12, 2012

An Un-Political, Political Post

Warning: This is NOT a political post.
It just has political undertones.

I will probably never divulge my political views on this blog.
We all have different views and that's what makes the world go 'round, but this blog of mine is not a platform for said views. Kapeesh?

Source: via Trey on Pinterest


What I do want to document is that this is the first election that I have watched the debates.
This will be the third election since I have been a registered voter, but the first since I started spending my evenings at home. Full time school and bartending did not leave me with the energy or time to care about sitting through the debates. 

However, now I am realizing how much fun I have been missing. Yes, I said fun.
The first one was definitely not as exciting as the VP debate, but nonetheless, it felt good to be watching, learning, and witnessing history. Now, I'm expecting the last Presidential debate to be buck wild (or at least I hope). Both parties know that they are down to the line, so I'm hoping we see more passion and less poop slinging.



I'll also share this article that I came across months ago. Can't remember how, but it definitely stuck out in my mind. You don't have to go read it, but as this is my blog, I want it here, so that I have it to remember. It is titled Why Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals and was featured in the New York Times. 
I was intrigued by the findings of both sides, and you might just be too. 

Anywhoo, happy belated 10-11-12 day and cheers to the weekend!
I won't be drinking this weekend, but I really like this song.
Don't you?




21 comments:

Rach said...

Watching the debate last night was almost humorous at times (especially the looks on both men's faces while the other spoke). My husband and I feel pretty strongly about politics and you better believe that we will be voting, but I am definitely not one to put my political opinions anywhere on the internet (FB/twitter/blog). Though, I will sit down and have a conversation with someone about it in person. Aaanyway, with all that said... I'll join you with that pizza party! ;)

P!nky said...

Hey, I love ya no matter what your views are! And I love pizza parties, so yay!

xoxo

Nicole said...

LOL at the Pizza Party picture! How perfect! Have a good weekend :)

Alana Christine said...

I should probably pay more attention to the political debates...

Hilary said...

Ryan's making me wait to watch #2 til he gets home - he was traveling while they were happening. I have already heard too much about it though. Not sure if I'm excited to see or not...

Jen Mc said...

GREAT post! Can we vote for the Pizza Party? ;)
Have a great weekend...I sense a beverage in my future.

The Pink Growl said...

I LOVE that pizza party shirt! I am totally avoiding Facebook until after the election because people get so rude and ugly with their comments. No thank you!

Nicole said...

I haven't been watching these debates, I got turned off watching them from the last ones (Obama vs McCain) when they were comparing Obama against Palin which made absolutely no sense to me... one is VP candidate and one was Pres candidate. Anyway I really should watch, however I have been educating myself some :) that's good, right :). Unfortunately in my opinion all politicians are crooked... lol :) they all have good and bad points and you'll never find one you agree with 100% I guess is what I mean :) But I'm going to go check out this article :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post! :)

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I feel the same way - this will be my 3rd election, but first I've really watched the debates. Craziness.

My-cliffnotes said...

Hahahahaha I saw that turtle pic and loved it so glad you posted it too

Jamie said...

I watched the vp debate last night for the first time ever. I probably won't do it again. I think it's ALL a bunch of malarkey.

Anonymous said...

I'll be glad when the election is over because I'm officially tired of people trying to make others feel stupid because they disagree. Although it is interesting to see where people stand. I'm just amazed by the things coming out of people's mouths. Anywhoo, definitely good to keep the blogs non political because things get ugly. Sidenote: I got sucked into watching the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last weekend....it's just not the same :-(

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Pizza party!!!!! Love it. Now I want pizza! I won't be drinking this weekend either haha! Happy Friday GF! Love u! Countdown is on!!

Unknown said...

This is the first year I've watched the debates too. It's also my first year being of voting age...So far, the debates are showing me that i shouldn't vote because I don't really like either of the things these guys say....Sad. But it's cool to watch history being made!

BTW, this was a very tasteful post about/not about politics :)

CeCe said...

I think it's awesome that you watch the debates and are interested. I kinda feel like I should be an adult about it and watch 'em too but usually I'm just not that interested. We caught a little bit of it on TV while we were on ship but that's about it.

Unknown said...

hahha Love this :) I want to be a ninja turtle for halloween

Anonymous said...

I love the kittie image. I think it is a great representation! And nothing is cuter than Puss in Boots!

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic up at the top - my husband is a big Ninja Turtles fan, and not a huge fan of politics. :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I totally agree about missing the fun! This was the first time as a voter I actually watched the debates... So fun!!!

Jean said...

There are just some things you just don't talk about in general, on the blog or not and politics is definitely one of them. :)

love that pizza party. i'm w/ that!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...