Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Little Bit Of Jealousy Is A Good Thing

I have a confession to make...
I am jealous of Jessica Biel, but NOT for the reason you are thinking.
I could care less about Justin Timberlake *GASP

Once upon a time, I asked Will who he thought was a "hot" celebrity and he mentioned Jessica Biel. From that moment on...I have LOATHED her. Is it dumb? Probably, but oh freakin' well.
She can take her awkward Mary Camden self and go pop out some brats.
I know you are reading this, Will, and I KNOW that you are laughing. Don't care ;)

Anywhosit,
I'm assuming you have all heard of JustFab?
I've been looking for boots like these:

Source: kohls.com via Janna on Pinterest

And ended up on JustFab.com
I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I ordered boots for my Halloween costumes for $19.99! Yep, two costumes this year and the boots will match with both. Plus the wedges will be a lot more comfortable and will be great for Baltimore's cobblestone roads.

Source: justfab.com via Janna on Pinterest


At first I was confused about the membership, but now that I know how it works I thought I'd share. Don't want you all having the same confusion.

#1 You sign up and create your "boutique".
#2 Shop your boutique and other deals.
#3 Purchase your selected deal.
#4 Agree to the terms, which means that you agree to buy a pair each month OR skip the month within the given time frame. I was confused where it said that you will be charged if you forget to skip the month, but then I saw that they give you a credit, so it's not a loss either way.
#5 Get your purchase in the mail in about a week and enjoy!

**Do not sign up if you don't have the will power to say no. Don't say I didn't warn you**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I watched the debate last night of course, and am happy to be putting my ballot in the mail tomorrow! The debate didn't change my opinion one way or the other, but it was the highlight of my Monday night. I think my favorite part was the dialogue that Will and I had during and afterwards. We have never really talked politics in depth, so this has been a new and fun experience for us.

Does anyone else enjoy talking politics with their partner? Or is that a touchy subject?

My favorite political blog post this week was from  Kelly @ Mrs. In Training. She really thought outside of the box and I read every word. I love the bloggers that can make you feel empowered through their political posts without alienating anyone whether you agree or disagree.
Mad props, girl!

And now, in the words of Bob Schieffer's Momma:

"Go vote. Makes you feel big and strong."

PS. It looks like taxes are already going up in January no matter who takes office. Just thought everyone should know that we may all need to cut back $19/week! If they won't warn you, I will.


Photobucket

29 comments:

Jane said...

I'm the same way with T Swift. Triflin no gooder! lol Those boots are geat! And, you cannot beat that price!

Jan said...

I literally had to cancel on my Justfab subscription because my mom would keep on reminding me to skip the month! She also skips but I don't think she cancelled yet!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested. :)

Unknown said...

I love talking politics with my mate. It's good to know where each other stands on what's going with the world. It plays a lot into how you will treat certain situation in your relationship to be honest. Plus who else who you want to have a heate debate with and "make up" with later? Lol

DSR said...

I always see those JustFab commercials now I will forever think of you!

Oh, and It's Bob Schieffer, not Mike!

Kim S said...

I am the same way with Jessica Biel! Leo thinks both she and Jessica Alba are the hottest things on the planet, so I'm not a huge fan of theirs ;)

Rach said...

Such cute boots! :)

My husband and I talk politics a lot and we are definitely on the same page, but also definitely very different than most of our friends. It's funny because we have the same values and ideas as our friends, but then we see things different politically. Aaanyway, I agree - voting is important! :)

Pamela said...

LOVE those boots!! This election is huge but I don't even know who to vote for. I did at first, now I have no clue. Both can say the most idiotic things, then say the smart/right things, ha!

Anonymous said...

I browse Just Fab and the other site like that every now and then but I never see anything I HAVE to have. =[ The ones from Kohls are cute. And the wedge will definitely be more comfortable. I need a pair as well, just in cognac.

What is this $19 increase you speak of!?

P!nky said...

My bf loves Gabrielle Union and Michelle Rodriguez....so me no likey them ;)!

You a hottie with a body girlie!

Thanks for the tax reminder...EEEP!

xoxo

Jenn said...

I think it's totally normal to feel a tinge of jealousy about celebs that your bf/hubby think are hot. It's natural.
My bf and I talk politics...usually it involves how frustrated we are with all of politics haha

Kait said...

Jessica Biel doesn't have ANYTHING ON YOU. Dear goodness #regulationhottie

Erin said...

Well I don't find her too attractive so it's all good in the hood.

Alana Christine said...

Love those boots! Pretty sure Jessica Biel would be jealous of you...just saying...

californiadreamin said...

OH MY GOSH! So our hubbs must be in sync (pun totally intended since you mentioned Justin Timberlake haha), but my hubbs #1 celeb crush is Jessica Biel. I cant stand her ever since haha. I am terrible and pick her apart when he sees her in a movie lol. Those boots are awesome :)

Niken said...

love the boots!
ha, i haven't watched anything in the last 5 days since i had a shoot. we do talk politics. so far it never ends up badly, haha

Charlie's Mommy (Beth) said...

We do talk about politics. My hubby is much more informed than I on politics. He is a contractor for the DOD so his job is directly impacted by who is in office. I don't think its taboo to discuss as the long as each side is willing to listen.

CeCe said...

My co worker is in just Fab. I asked her what she does with all the shoes and she says that there is a giant mount of shoe boxes that keeps growing and growing and no longer even fits in her closet!! I like the concept but I don't have space and I know that the shoes aren't the best quality. My feet really like to be comfy! That being said you got a pair of boots for $19 bucks for Halloween. Score!!!

Helene said...

I feel the exact same way about katy perry. My husband thinks she hot. Well i'm a blonde so hello!!
Also those boots are great!! I love em!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

this is sadly my first time voting and I am so excited! I hate talking politics and I think some lovely blogging ladies might go a bit overboard, but I certainly respect everyone right to say what they will. DOnt we all really want the same things? World peace, well paying jobs, love and happiness. anyway, thats all my political talk for the day. love you lady!

Jen said...

I don't mind talking politics with my hubby, its fun for me. Just don't like talking them with others haha. :) But I did vote yesterday woo hoo!

Nicole said...

We talk a bit of politics at my house. For the most part we agree, but I still don't debate politics with people because it is a non-winning battle.

Amanda said...

I'm not a politically driven person, so to be honest, I don't really like talking about politics with anyone.... cue crickets! Oops :) Glad that you shared about this boutique thing though.

My-cliffnotes said...

I voted Friday holla holla lol

Love this post looks like I need to Join too! Copycat

Anonymous said...

My husband and I love watching the debates together! We actually belong to separate parties, so that makes it even more interesting! ;o) Somehow we never end up fighting - it's always in good fun!

So Jessica Biel is your husband's favorite? My husband's fav celeb is Carrie Underwood which never really bothered me until we moved to Nashville and it significantly increased his odds of actually running into her. :o)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Those boots are super cute!!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Holy amazing boots! And Kev and I talk politics all the time, I think it is a healthy way to learn more about each other, and the values we want to raise our boys with.

cynthia said...

Yep, we talk politics but are careful not to sound like we are telling each other who or what to vote for. ;) Yep, even after 18 years, we have our differences.
Love the boots! I'm sure you will be the hottest whatever you are going as that ever was! :)

Erin James said...

adore those boots! :)

Unknown said...

My fiance is firmly in the Jessica Biel camp as well. I don't get it, but I guess she just isn't my type.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...