Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weiser Has Something To Say

I have officially begun the process of welcoming Will home.
Tuesday night I attended a Redeployment Briefing, which sounds so official, and yet confusing. Everyone keeps asking if he is deploying again, since it says "redeployment", but the definitions is simply: "Assign (troops, employees, or resources) to a new place or task."
Fear not, he is still coming home!

Photobucket

That would be my friend Jami. Our soldiers are besties, and luckily we love each other as well. We were both excited about this meeting and took great notes, even though we might have gotten a few glances from the Captain for our giggle fests. Hey, we were excited and couldn't help it.

The things they talk about:
Financial info, as our pay and taxes will change.
Approximate dates of the returns.
Rundown of the Homecoming Ceremonies.
Reintegration training.
How to treat the soldiers upon return.

The last one was actually the most important to me. This is obviously my first deployment (and Will's), so this is a very new and intimidating situation. He is pretty safe on the FOB, but the soldiers are used to playing by their own rules over there, treating every inanimate article like it could be dangerous, living on the edge full of adrenaline, and being surrounded by their "brothers" (using that as a unisex term, Tabitha). It was nice to learn a few things to help them acclimate. Such as, they aren't supposed to drive for the first 48 hours, no going to Walmart or any place with too much action, making sure they eat healthy to fuel their body/brain, and yet we can't make it feel like they are being told what to do.

For example:
Will was talking about going out of town as soon as he gets back, and somehow I just knew that was not a good idea. I want to bring him home, feed him some yummy food, reconsumate our relationship, and relax. Definitely think this is the appropriate plan of action.

I'm just ecstatic that we are able to start planning for their return!
*kjs;ldfj;adjfg;sdfg;sdfg;ljdlgjsdlgjldgj*
With the meetings, getting the house extra clean and organized, and my upcoming trips, I'm hoping I can make the time we have left fly by. Speaking of extra trips, Weiser has something to say about all of this, so I'll turn it over to him.

Photobucket

Hi guys,
I heard that mom told on me.
What she didn't tell you is that those shoes were in the outgoing pile.
I didn't know that she was going to sell them. I thought they were fair game.

I think I've pushed mom over the edge recently, though.
She took the shoe thing pretty well, but when I peed in the house...let's just say I saw fire in her eyes. (Don't worry, she didn't punish me. She just gave me the look. You know the "look".)
I'm glad she figured out that all of this was stress related. I was just as stressed as she was about the roofers the other day, and I had to deal with it for three days. She was only home for one.

The other reason for all of this is dad. We both miss him.
Not that mom doesn't take good care of me, but I push her buttons because I know I can get away with it. I get away with murder because she hasn't figured out how to be "alpha".
Teehee. Ruffruff.

The good news is that mom is putting me on drugs.
My foster mom told mom about doggie valium, and now I'm flyin' high.
Hopefully, she keeps me on this stuff.

Dear mom,
I promise to be a good boy at Aunt Manda's.
My little cousins always keep me entertained, so I won't have time to get in trouble.
Just make sure you send the drugs. Just in case.
I'll miss you while you are visiting Aunt Dani.
Love you!
-We Man (What Aunt Manda calls me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone else tried Valerian Root for themselves or for their pets?
Weiser's foster mom is training to be a vet and she gives it to her dog.  When I told her about Weiser's freak out, she said that I should pick some up. I've only given it to him a few times, and haven't seen any crazy reaction, but he's not freaking out either. I just want him to be calm and stress free while I'm gone, so at this point...I'll try anything.

Read more about Valerian Root a.k.a. Herbal Valium if you are interested.




Photobucket

30 comments:

The Better Belle Project said...

Yayyy on prepping for him to come home! This makes my heart so happy for you <3

Don't be surprised if he talks in his sleep or occasionally shoots up in bed from hearing a noise or nothing at all... it took mine about a month before he stopped startling so easy, just from being on alert all the time.

I think you have a good idea in staying home for a bit, just the two of you, let him relax and catch up on sleep, hot showers and all the basic comforts of being home :)

Morgan Neal said...

Aw! You two will be fine. Keep going to those meetings & stay involved they really help! Good luck! I am so excited for you & your hubs! It is such an exciting time! And a honeymoon all over again. ;)

Sam said...

So excited for you!

Megan Wadsworth said...

So cute! Weiser must've read Stone's post about eating our couch pillows and gotten jealous! Good luck with redeployment! So happy for you! Just remember that stupid Reverse SRP makes them have to go into work for a few hours the first couple of days ( I was incredibly frustrated by this, but I see why now)

In summary.... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Jenn said...

I'm glad that you're getting good information for Will's return. I'm sure it's exciting but also a little nerve-wracking cuz you want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Weiser is so cute! Hopefully he handles everything that's coming up alright!

Helene said...

yay for coming home! happy for you. I would definitely want to just spend time with my husband- I feel you on that!
your dog is so precious I know you didn't stay mad at him for long!

P!nky said...

WOOOOHOOOO WILL'S COMING HOME!

super exciting for you love!

xoxo

Alana Christine said...

I bet that class was very informative! I definitely didn't know any of that! Yay for him coming home!!

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Awww YAY! I'm super happy & excited for you girl!! :) :)

I am checking out the Herbal Valium site right now, I have a pug that just won't quit... like ever.

<3 Melissa

J and A said...

YAY for Will coming home soon! I bet you are dying with excitement! I am for you!!! :) Oh dogs....WHY must they do this! Jeepers - and always the cutest shoes!! :)

MorgHarpNich.com said...

it's so wonderful that you are able to find community in that! on the topic of "re," thanks for finding my blog so that i could re-find yours! :)

morgan

CeCe said...

The home stretch! I'm so excited for you. This last part will fly by as the end is in sight.

Nicole said...

I am getting SO excited for you!!!

I give my dogs "the look" too, and they respond with their own "look" with those big brown eyes and you can't help but just snuggle up to them when they do that!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I can only imagine how happy and excited you are (: Glad to hear you loved the meeting! I can't wait to hear about what all you have planned for Will's return.
Oh no, that is a bummer about your shoes. When we first brought our dog home from the pound (almost four years ago) she chewed up my favorite and most treasure pair of heels. I just wanted to cry. Good thing dogs are so darn cute and loveable!
Oh my gosh. I am so excited for you!

Sami said...

So excited for Will coming home! You know, my Mom works for the WTU so if you have ANY questions at all I'm sure she would be happy to help. Just let me know and I'll put ya'll in a contact :) Have a great trip, and can't wait for Benihana when you get back xoxo

Jen said...

Yay redeployment is so exciting!!! :)

Kait said...

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Will to come home..I am SO Excited for you!!!!!! Weiser is hysterical! Poor boy, just wanted a little shoe to nibble ;)

Kristen said...

Aren't homecomings the best? Glad to see one is in your near future!

NATALiJA WANTS YOU! ♥ said...

awesome <3

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Can't imagine how excited your are getting! And Weiser...we've had our share of ruined shoes too!! :-)

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Ah, so close to being home, how exciting! I would definitely go with being low key the first few weeks. Both times my husband got home, he got overwhelmed very easily (and was sure that he wouldn't). Take some time to reconnect with each other the world he has been missing. I am so excited for you!!

Kathryn B said...

Soooo excited for you!!!! Planning for them to come home can be stressful, enjoy it and your hubby will be home soon! I hope you guys have a smooth reintegration!

Erin said...

Yayyyy you must be so excited! I'm excited and I don't even have a solider hubby. I watch YouTube videos of soldiers coming how and I bawl. Tell him thank you from all of us!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Its so exciting your almost there. I def. say take it slow that first weekend / week he's home. That will give him some time to readjust to being back home. Here's to hoping the time flies by!!!!!

cynthia said...

Yay, counting down the days (metaphorically since we don't know the exact day) with you!

Nikki said...

Ahhh I am so so so happy for your and excited for you that will is coming home soon! I have said it before and I'll say it again idk how you do it! I have so much respect for military wives!

Bad puppy! I get so mad at Rylie when she eats things that she knows she's not supposed to. Most recently was my heart rate monitor watch. Lets just say I was NOT happy. Dogs! Let me tell ya they sure are lucky they are cute!

Jamie said...

He's coming HOME! So happy for you!

Nicole said...

Oh I can't wait to see your post come up that says he's home!!

Alejandra said...

So exciting! Our brief is in two weeks and I can't wait, even though I'm helping to coordinate it. It just means we're one step closer!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I'm so. Excited will is almost home!! That's crazy they recommend no Walmart etc. how intense. And ur dog seriously so cute. He didn't mean it. I forgive him haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...