Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Define Your Perception, Judgy McJudgerson

So who's excited about the premier of Nashville?
'Cuz I am! It looks like it's going to be different and quite entertaining.
I'm even more excited now that I know that Lennon and Maisy are cast and will turn up in the third episode! Have you heard of these two? They are Youtube sensations, and rightly so.
That song has been my deployment song, and I'm sure you can understand why.


The video that got them noticed (equally amazing) can be found here.

Now, I'm sure you are wondering about the title today.
First, let me clarify... I am NOT calling my lovely ladies "Judgy McJudgerson". One of them did it herself! To be honest, both of these ladies are super sweet and I could never label either one, so I'll just let their stories speak for themselves.

Photobucket


Photobucket
When Janna asked for more people to share their experiences and perceptions, I jumped at the chance! The thing I love most about her blog is that she appreciates everyone, and knows that everyone has a story to share. Ok, here goes.

If you would have asked me in college what my life would look like in 5 years, I NEVER would have thought I'd be married to a farmer and living smack dab in the middle of a 10,000 acre farm. And yet, here I am.

Photobucket

When I started dating my husband, I always knew he wanted to move back to his family farm in Northeast Montana. I had never been there until the weekend after we got engaged. My reaction? I cried. No, I sobbed. I literally sat in the middle of a wheat field thinking, "This is what my life is going to amount to? I totally just wasted a college education and thousands of dollars. How can I possibly do this?!?!"

Well, a year and a half later, married for 5 months, we moved home to the farm.

I know in this situation a lot of women might think, "But what about me? What about MY dreams?" In the back of my mind, and what kept me (and still keeps me!) motivated was my mom. When she and my dad dated they lived in Los Angeles their whole lives. She told me, "When your dad and I dated, he told me that if we were ever to get married that he was going to move to Montana one day." Well, they got married, she went with him, and 31 years later are stronger than ever. Needless to say I have great role models as parents.

Photobucket

What have I learned from all of this, and about marriage? That is isn't easy. And sometimes it takes a lot of sacrifice. That doesn't mean that my dreams aren't going to come true, it's just that I get to help my husband realize his. And someday he'll do the same for me. In doing this, sometimes it isn't easy, and sometimes I get frustrated. When it seems like I can't give any more, I rely on my faith for strength. Always in the back of my mind I know that I'm grateful that I get to help my husband accomplish exactly what he wants in life.

Sometimes by asking for something in marriage, we must demonstrate it first.

And the day that it's my turn? It's going to be even more sweet-knowing I've worked my hardest at helping him, and now having him beside me the whole time as my biggest cheerleader. That's how I keep my perspective. Find the positive in the situations you're in. Don't ask "What's in it for me?" Ask yourself how you can help another person.

Blog || Photography

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, we have a blogger that selected a prompt that hasn't been done yet.
One that I'm sure many have shied away from because it's hard to admit you were wrong.

2766118f

Hello Pereception is Everything Readers!
 
I'm Mallory
Photobucket  
I enjoy Mcdonald's Diet Cokes & long walks on the beach and I blog over at Pink Kisses & Wishes.
  
Janna's posts are the kind of posts that I look forward to reading every time I open Blogger. I mean, where else can you be friends with a real Hooters girl?;)
Anyway, I'm super  ::insert classic blogger squee here:: excited to be participating in her Perception Is Everything Series.
 
I picked to tell a story about how I have misjudged someone and what I've learned from it.
It's one of my favorite stories, and one that I look back on fondly as a life lesson!
 
---------------------------------------
 
Fall or 2008 I was entering my freshman year at Purdue. I remembering racing home from a beach vacation beacuse my roommate information was going to be in the mail that day.
 
My heart did a little drop when I realized the 2 girls I would be rooming with had both gone to the same high school.
And one played rugby.
(I was a cheerleader and have never played a sport that didn't have a skirt as part of the uniform)
And the other had a last name I couldn't even pronounce.
(Thuruthiyil ----> you try and pronounce that bad boy!)
  
I was sure I was going to hate my rooming situation. I mean, what could we possibly have in common??
 
Everything and nothing at the same time.
 
I had THE. BEST. freshman year of college anyone could ask for. We learned so much about each other, our cultures, and ourselves that year.
The three of us still keep in touch and visit a few times a year.
I cherish the friendships I made with these girls, especially after transferring to U of Illinois that next fall.
 
Now for the good part, some pictures of my favorite year:)
 
Photobucket
Christine, Kelsey, Me
 
Photobucket
Christine, Me, Kelsey
Photobucket
Christine, Kelsey, Me. (Could we be anoymore different!?) 
Photobucket
Our first Christmas:) Me, Kelsey, Christine 
And for fun:
 
Our First Picture Together
Photobucket  
 
 Our Most Recent Picture
Photobucket
Look how much we've grown! I love these girls:) 
So take it from this former Judgy McJudgerson and give someone a chance. It just might turn into something you weren't expecting :)
 
Happy Wednesday!
 
Photobucket
Blog || Twitter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agh! I love it.
A city girl that left it all for true love, and a someone that was lucky to see past her misconceptions.
This is what it's all about y'all!

If you would like to see a recap of my family trip to Europe, check it out on Cece's blog!
She is in Europe reuniting with her soldier, so I am jealous on SO many levels.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely enjoyed this!! I want to gets tried but I don't think about the huge sacrifices that we have to make on a daily basis that may affect our lives! But the strength that comes from it is beautiful.

Nikki said...

I love how both of these girls rolled with their situations and are really happy n life!

Michelle A said...

I loooooooooove lennon and maisy, so much talent in those little bodies!!

ps. did you know that you could watch nashville on hulu? they put it up about a week early. When i saw that they had it up i was super confused, since i had been counting down the days to the premiere, i honestly thought i was in time warp. of course i caved and watched it, i'll probably still watch the premiere on tv tonight though!

Kait said...

I admire these girls SO much, because if someone told me I was moving to a farm my stubborn selfish ways would probably come out instantly. It's sad, but I know myself. I had doubts about my college roommates, too! I can totally relate to that feeling and then feeling guilty about it. Two great ladies..thanks for sharing Janna!

Pamela said...

Aww LOVE this!! Yessss, can not wait for Nashville tonight!! :)

Alana Christine said...

Gah Mallory, so judgmental! haha jk. I did the same thing with my roommate!! Lova ya!

As always, thank you for sharing awesome girls, Janna!

Anonymous said...

Great series, Janna! I came over here because of Nicole's guest post and I'm so glad I did! I just did a little backtracking on some of your older posts and loved reading through them!

I am so stinkin' excited for Nashville tonight! I really hope I'm not disappointed. Nashville is the city I live right outside of, so I can't wait to see how they portray it!

Nicole said...

Thank you THANK YOU for having me over here :) You are such a sweet person with a great heart!

I will definitely be tuning into Nashville tonight!

XOXO

Rach said...

I saw the premiere of Nashville on Hulu already and really liked it! I am excited for this show!

Loved getting to know the ladies you opened your blog to today. Very sweet! :)

Amanda said...

To say that I love Prairie Princess's story would be an understatement. I love her perspective on how her life is great, but so different than she expected. Isn't that so refreshing sometimes? Thanks for sharing her story!

cynthia said...

Interesting stories from these 2 ladies! And I am clicking over to see your vacation story, since Europe is always in my dreams. :)

Mallory said...

Thank you thank you for hosting me on your lovely blog!! I'm happy to share stories that can help others:)

And props to prairie princess for being so selfless! Definitely inspiring:)

My-cliffnotes said...

LOVE! Love these posts! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Sometimes I think I would love living in the middle of nowhere on a farm with lots of animals everywhere. The simple life. I think everyone judges their freshmen roomies when they find out. But it's fabulous how close you girls became!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...