Friday, January 2, 2015

The Year That Was 2014

You just can't finish out a year without a good round up, am I right or am I right? Usually it takes me all of fifteen minutes to pick my favorite shenanigans to share and call it a day, however, this past year turned out to be a doozy. It just goes to show, you never know where life is going to take you if you are open to experience it.

January || Had us packing up all of our household goods, saying goodbye to breathtaking Colorado, and retiring my orange shorts. All in all, it was a pretty big month for us full of many changes that were exciting and scary at the same time.

February || Moved to Enterprise, Alabama! Actually more exciting than it sounded, and now we never want to leave. We want to find out what Will is going to fly and chill here.

March || We ran the McGuire's 5K {mostly for the free booze}, and I was able to spend two glorious weeks at home with family and witness my niece's baptism.



April || Was my proudest month as Will graduated from WOCS and became a Warrant Officer, the first step on the journey to becoming an Army helicopter pilot. Mmmm mmmm....I love my man in uniform!


May || With warm weather came lots of outdoor activities, and our new favorite was by far tubing. The beach was fun, but you really can't beat hopping in a river on a whim and heading down your own Redneck Riviera.


June || I got to see my baby brother graduate from High School. Ten years my junior, I begged my mom to let me do anything and everything for that sweet baby, so it seems so surreal that he's an 'adult'. Eh...he's still a baby to me!


July || Will was safe in my arms after three weeks of zero communication while he was in Survival School, and I got turned away from a bar for my 'fake id' in Destin, Fl. Oh, and I shotgunned a beer like I was 21 again.

August || I painted a lot of owls.

September || We soaked up the last bit of summer in Panama City for Labor Day.


October || Man, oh man...if I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be October. We spent the month planning our big Halloween/Haunted House party {that I still haven't blogged about}, attended the good ol' Ten Year Reunion, got new ink done, had a blast with all of our besties in Jacksonville, actually had my husband WITH me for my big day, and possibly had the best Birthday month of my life. I never wanted it to end.


November || Celebrated Veterans and raised $1,000's for Charity {$23,000 to be exact}, which still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

December || We took a leap and started the home buying process. We area learning the ups and downs and waiting to see if our house goes through {inspections on top of inspections}, and trying to remember to enjoy the process. We are learning, we are growing, and embracing this adventure...at least we are in it together!


If we didn't have all this fun stuff to look back on, I wouldn't believe 2014 even happened. It went by WAY too fast, which I say every year, but that doesn't make it any less true. I don't know what 2015 is going to bring us or if it can hold a candle to 2014, but I am most definitely looking forward to enjoying the South while we are here, Will graduating, and BOTH of us turning 30 this year. I guess that means I'll be leaving the 'Twenty-Something' blogger club soon. Oh well, I ain't scurred. Age before beauty ;)

Peace Out 2014...It's been real!


12 comments:

Jen said...

Here is to an amazing 2015! 2014 was certainly good to you. :)

Jenn said...

Your 2014 was awesome--so many great things and it was fun to follow along through it all. I can't wait to read more about your new house and all of the things you do to make it your home! It's a super fun process and I know you'll make it beautiful! :)

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

has it really been a year since your move? it did fly by. cant wait for the new house adventures and I just had to go read the destin trip, guess i missed it, too funny!!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

2014! Has been very good to you both, this next year will be hard to top but I'm certain youll do it!!! Here's to a New Year and many Memories to be made!!!!!

Nicole said...

Sorry but holy crap, you've been in Alabama that long. Dang I had it in my head you just moved there like August or something. Guess I'm a bit off in my remembering... guess it happens :).

Ashleigh said...

It dont seem like you have been in Alabama that long.. Dang time has flown by! It looks like 2014 was a pretty great year for you sweet girl so all I can to 2015 is good luck toppin it :)

Courtney B said...

2014 was an incredible year for you!! It seriously still makes me so happy that you and Will were together for your birthday (month) YAY! I feel like our January 2015 is going to be as crazy as your January 2014 (we've got exciting news that I have yet to share!) which I'm hoping means that our 2015 will be as amazing as your 2014 ;) But it sounds like 2015 is going to be even better for you!! So excited to follow your adventures through this next year!

P!nky said...

What an amazing year, lady! I'm still so proud of Will and you for everything that's happened this year. Can't wait to hear more about the house!

Vicki said...

Congratulations on the house!!!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Congrats on your new home and a wonderful year in 2014! Hope 2015 is even better.

Rach said...

What a great year 2014 has been for you guys! I hope 2015 is an even better year for you two! :)

Brittany said...

What a year you two had! Looks like an awesome one but I bet this year will be better :) Also you guys have so much fun! I am coming to visit you. Show me your ways.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...