Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dirty 30: White Trash Brunch

Boy oh boy, I look back on Saturday and I'm quite satisfied with the festivities. Will said it was 'life altering' and the best brunch he's ever had, so obviously he approved. The decor was easy, the food really was divine, and we had our amazing group of friends there. You really can't ask for more than that. Check out my solo cup lights:


Food really is the key to brunch and it happens to be my favorite part of any party, so making brunch was super fun. Labor intensive as always, but I prepped most of it the night before which helps. Everyone thought we had too much food when we put it all together, and yet it was ALL gone in a matter of hours. I wanted some leftovers, but nope...didn't happen.
Menu: Vanilla Bourbon Bananas Foster French Toast Casserole, Eggs Benedict Casserole, Texas Shaped Pancakes with Strawberry Compote, Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls, Sausage Quiche, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, Banana Bread English Muffins, Bloody Mary Bar, and Bellinis.

You are going to need to try to make the French Toast and Eggs Benedict, so you should probably pin those recipes. Make note, though, I used Hawaiian loaf and added 1/4 cup of Toasted Caramel Whiskey to the French Toast, and to make the bernaise you can use the packet, but ONLY if you use whole milk to make it rich and creamy. Make up for it by cutting out a third or fourth of the Canadian Bacon and switching to Whole Grain English Muffins. Just know, these are the two best breakfast dishes I think I've ever had.

The rest of the party wasn't as classy. Will's shirt says #1 Daddy/Husband, while my shirt says #1 Daughter/Wife, and in front of him you will notice a HUGE Bloody Mary with birthday candles. He's not a big sweets eater, so a Bloody seemed like the perfect vessel for his candles.


All in all, it was awesome to see him so happy all day, have everyone rave about the food {thanks ladies for all the help!}, and enjoy fun with friends that lasted up until 10PM that night. I mean, who lasts that long?! I was sober, and I barely made it...They are champs.







As the month comes to a close, I'm officially married to a thirty year old. I love you, old man, and it was fun celebrating it to the fullest with you. You are my favorite thing to celebrate. Always and forever.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your t shirts

Jenn said...

bahaha, you should be a party planner with these fun ideas and how you execute them! Looks like it was an absolute blast! Love all of the details :)

P!nky said...

What a fun birthday bash, lady! You are so talented and all of that food looks amazing! Perfect dirty thirty party for your man. Love your outfits, too!

Anonymous said...

I totally pinned just about all of your white trash pins so I could throw the same kind of bday party for my other half!! :) such an awesome idea!

A Life Without Mofongo said...

You all seemed to had a great time. Loved every detail... Happy Birthday to your hubs.

Jean said...

I love this! Welcome to the 30's club, Will! :)

Jen said...

What a fun and creative idea!

Mandie said...

Oh my gosh, that looks/sounds amazing! Will you come up to Wisconsin & do that for me? My birthday is next Wednesday! :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Now this is an awesome party. I love it all! You did a great job and everyone got into the theme. That's great.

I pinned both recipes and noted your changes.

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

I love that you have friends who go all out with the theme party. looks like a blast

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Fun idea for a party! Love the matching shirt and the solo cup garland!

Karen M. Peterson said...

What a great theme for a party!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

You totally out did yourself on a fabulous party!! I love the theme!!! Way fun!!!

Kenzie Smith said...

All of that food looks so delicious! I am glad you guys had such a great time celebrating his birthday :D What a fun theme!

Pamela said...

ahh, love this!!

Rach said...

Love your themed party ideas! Glad you guys had so much fun. And girl, all that food... looks delicious!

Kathryn B said...

Looks like such a fun time! I'm not usually one to have themed birthday parties, but this is such a great idea :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...