Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The After Christmas- Christmas

Well, I would first like to say thank you for all the kind words from Monday's post. It felt good to get it off my chest and every comment meant the world to me. To us. I still haven't told family and many friends, so your words of encouragement are all we have, so again, thank you.


This will be the only Christmas we have in this house. I'm surprised I even realized that, but it made me happy that we made the most of it. I put up more decorations than I ever have, we had our first real tree, and we had our own belated Christmas morning, which was filled with just as much excitement. After all, Christmas is a feeling, not a day.













We had already exchanged gifts, but we both saved a few good ones for this occasion.  A little back story is that when the guys make it through Flight school they give their spouses their own 'set of wings' to thank them for putting up with them all the help and support. I don't particularly like chain necklaces, so he got me wings that are more my style from Nomades. It's a little early to get my wings, but I'll take it ;)

PS. This is not an ad. I just really love the company! MilSpouses definitely need to check them out. They have all kinds of military charms and are just like Pandora! I even switched some of my Pandora charms to this bracelet because I like it better.





When Will saw that I put multi-colored lights on the tree he thought I was crazy. He knows I'm not a multi-colored girl, but something came over me. For our first real tree I wanted to go super nostalgic, and although I'll probably never use multi-colored again, it was fun while it lasted. Technically it lasted until today because I'm still getting decorations down, but don't judge me. I'd leave them up all year if I could. One day...I will be that old women with a Christmas house year around. Then you have permission to judge me.


12 comments:

Jenn said...

All of your decoration look great! Even the multi colored lights :) so glad that you guys had a nice Christmas in your place, and you're totally right: Christmas is definitely a feeling and not a day! Love your wings!

P!nky said...

Girl, I'm still taking decor down too. We've been crazy busy with trips and finally have a moment to breath.

I love the bracelet and wings, so beautiful and sooooo you!

I love you!!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

That bracelet is awesome!

I love your ladder decor.

Helene in Between said...

You said it perfectly! Christmas is a feeling, not a day! And I love the bracelet!

Pamela said...

Aww I love all the lights!! Especially on the ladder! Super cute :) Shew I declared January our declutter month & Crap is everywhereee! We just put up the last bit of Christmas stuff a few days ago!

Kathryn B said...

Cute! I wish I could leave Christmas up year round as well :) I love the lights on the ladder :)
Cute bracelet :) I like the tradition of the men giving their wives wings. SO cute. :)
Kathryn
www.katbskorner.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Love your colorful tree and the rest of your decorations. You just made me want to start a charm bracelet too! Lol.

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Your tree is beautiful and I love the bracelet!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I love your bracelet its beautiful. And the latter with the lights is so cute!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute Christmas post! You two are adorable!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Kenzie Smith said...

I love all of your Christmas decor! So pretty :) That bracelet is gorgeous as well!

Rach said...

Oh girl, no judgement here. Our Christmas stuff is still up. ;) It's pretty much always up until at least the second week of January just because I love the decor so much! But this year we didn't celebrate Christmas with my family until this past weekend because my little sister was overseas (we waited until she got back). Anyway, I definitely know what you mean about Christmas being a feeling and not a day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...