Friday, January 30, 2015

It's House Closing Time!

The day of of Closing on our new home has arrived. This involves a very large Cashier's Check {oy vey}, dropping money on Homeowner's Insurance, purchasing new blinds for the new windows, and a new lawn all in one weekend. To say this is going to be a busy weekend is an understatement, but we will be making time for family {they are bribing us to hang out by taking us to Coffee Cup our favorite breakfast joint}, services for my friend that passed, and hopefully a sleepover at Grandma's. I really want to go to Ulta too, but I'm not holding my breath. Perhaps if I demand to go to Fresh Market for groceries, I can sneak next door. 
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Today, I played with a Weimaraner, and it got me thinking about Weiser. We actually had a little 'going away' shindig for him to celebrate his life, which I'm sure sounds super strange, but it made us feel better. He got a huge T-bone out of the deal, so it most definitely made him happy. He may look sad in this picture, but once we let him hide in the guest bedroom to chow down in private, he was probably the happiest I've ever seen him. It was beautiful.


If that's not adorable, then I don't know what is. We miss you We-Man!
Wish us luck today...We're gonna need it.


12 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Good luck! Closing on a house is scary and exciting all at the same time! Have a great and busy weekend!!!!!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Good luck today, and this weekend!!! I'm sure everything will go great!!!

Jen said...

Yay! I'm excited for you! Enjoy this new journey.

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Good luck girlie and congrats on the new home! Can't wait to get a virtual tour ;-)

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Congrats! We sold and closed on a new house in September. So much excitement and so much work. Take some time to enjoy it and the accomplishment involved!

Rach said...

Oh sweet puppy. I know you guys miss him. On a happier note... congrats on closing!

Kenzie Smith said...

Congratulations on closing! That is really exciting :) I am sorry that you are missing Weiser. It is really tough losing a member of the family (whether they have four legs or two).

Jean said...

it's a bittersweet thing about getting a house. YOUR own place, but the problems that MAY come with it, but in the end, it's your home. So, it's a good feeling! :) Congrats!

Amanda said...

Good look this weekend. Lol.

Amanda said...

Good look this weekend. Lol.

P!nky said...

WEEE! Yay for closing, that is so exciting lady! So happy for you!!!

Still sending hugs to you because of W-man. I know he loved the celebration you had for him, they always know!

Joshua Duncan said...

Hi Janna! How are things doing with the new house? Closing is very busy state, and I admire you for going through all that, and even taking the time to celebrate it. I bet all the stress paid off for you guys. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


Joshua Duncan @ Focus Insurance

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...