Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm A Card Carrying Member

To the Chick-Fil-A Calendar Club, that is!


No clue why, but I always wanted one.Well, not the actual calendar, but I want those freebies from being part of the 'club'. However, I could never bring myself to pay money to get free stuff, which is also why I won't pay for coupon inserts- it doesn't make sense to pay money to save {some} money to me. Luckily, we played Dirty Santa this year, and I stole this from my momma. {Sorry Mom, but I'm not sorry}.

Without getting to deep or morose, I got some bad news about a friend on Sunday, so we took it easy. I hung with the boys, we went out to lunch, and watched movies on the couch through our eyelids. It's always going to be hard when it comes to that, but being surrounded with love and laughter is the best medicine. I also watched my new favorite video multiple times, and I may or may not have cried through it. Twice.


Now, I'm getting yelled at to make dinner. Will wants one of my specialty Garlic Sourdough Smoked Turkey sandwiches, and it's still his birthday month, so I will happily oblige. Plus the kitchen is my happy place and can always clear my head. Then hopefully I can recap the brunch on Wednesday, because it was a doozie!

UPDATE: Has anyone ever had an infection in their Pancreas or Gallbladder? I'm having weird back pain that reminds me of when I had a Kidney infection, only the pain is higher up. It's been ongoing for over a week, so now I'm starting to question it. Thanks for any info!


14 comments:

Unknown said...

cool calendars

P!nky said...

Chick Fila is so creative….love their advertising!

<3 you!

Unknown said...

Go on to the doctor, so you can "nip it in the bud," as Barney Fife would say.

Kait said...

Mmm definitely miss Chik Fil A in Hawaii!

Pamela said...

love the calendars!! Go to the doctor! I hope you're ok!

Helene in Between said...

loooove me some chick fil a!!

and so sorry- hope you feel better soon!

Jen said...

Those calendars are funny!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun calendar! I wish we had more Chick fil a's here in New England, but I think we have like one... and it's an hour away. Ha, ha.
I hope your back feels better!

Amanda said...

Seriously never heard of this club. Maybe I need to look into it. Sorry to hear you got bad news about a friend..

Amanda said...

Seriously never heard of this club. Maybe I need to look into it. Sorry to hear you got bad news about a friend..

Unknown said...

my coworker has one of those calendars too! love how they have names for all the cows. haha hope you feel better!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Didn't know they had a calendar club. Mainly, I'm just sad that I first discovered and fell in love with that place in GA before they had them in Cali and then when they came here I never went!! There aren't very many locations and they are no where near convenient.

Rach said...

So sorry about the bad news. :( Sounds like you did the best things you could to deal, though. Time with Will and friends seems like a great idea. *hugs*

Brittany said...

garlic sourdough turkey sandwich?? Can you make me dinner please? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...