Friday, January 16, 2015

It's Friday, FRIDAY!

Thankfully I can report that this week has been much better than the last. I've only cried like twice this week, so that's real progress. I've just kept myself busy this week. I've been cleaning, cooking, and working on Publicity stuff, so it keeps my mind off things. Other than that:

+ We've started planning our {second} annual trip to the McGuire's 5K, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's not until March, but you really need that long just to mentally prepare. Plus, the hotels are already booking up- it's that serious. Cross your fingers that I can get the cottage I want booked before someone steals it! If I do, you are all invited. *winkwink



+ I ordered my THIRD pair of booties due to my new obsession. I didn't actually keep the first two pair because I'm so indecisive- one was too flat, the other too cheap- but I think I'm really going to like these. I also have to order some Ariat's because I won a $250 gift card from them, but man...I never thought it would be this hard to pick. I feel like if I'm spending that much on shoes it needs to be a pair that I will get the most out of, but my favorites either don't have my size or the color I want. I've tried to contact the company to find out when they restock or whatever, but I feel kind of weird saying, "Hi. You gave me free money, but I don't like anything you have that fits me. Kthxbye."

+ I made a new friend yesterday. I went to see the movie The Judge with the Spouse Club, and a new chick showed up that doesn't know anyone in town. They connected her with me so that I could get her all the FRG information, and before I knew it...it was like a really good first date. Have you ever been on a date where it went from lunch to coffee to dinner and maybe more? Well, that's exactly what happened. We watched the movie then migrated to Starbucks, and Will even invited her to dinner because he liked that I had friends when he was locked away {by the Army, not jail for the newbies}. We probably would have talked all night, but we had to break away at some point. Now I'm hoping our 'second date' won't be awkward, but we all know how the real colors start coming out as the 'dates' progress.

Well, I hope you all have a great three day weekend or at least that you have a three day weekend. We don't have any plans, and that is perfectly fine with me. We will probably watch football on Sunday, but I won't tell you who I'm rooting for. I have a really great story as to why I'm rooting for this particular team, but I don't want to ruffle any feathers until I can elaborate. Any of you have a team playing? 


13 comments:

Jenn said...

So happy to hear that this week is feeling better! It's rare to find someone that you click with right off that bat like that, so that's really exciting! :) Good luck on your bootie search (lol that sounds funny :)
Have a great weekend!

A Life Without Mofongo said...

Wow, I'm so happy you girls clicked. It was so difficult for me to click with the girls here and in two years I only have 2 good friends lol but they are worth it. Hoping I find new ones now when we move. Have a splendid weekend.

P!nky said...

Woohoo for the RACE, woohoo for new booootaaaaaayyysss [heehee] and woohoo for friends. I love when you JUST CLICK with people, it's the best. Kind of like me and you ;)!

Unknown said...

So exciting!! We are hoping to make it back for the 5k too depending on Robs flight schedule!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

You are going to kill that 5k. I'm sure of it. How can you not when the reward is beer. After my hike last week I had a beer and it was the best thing I ever tasted!!! Ha! Glad you clarified that Will was not in jail!!!

Pamela said...

oooh, can't wait to see what you choose from Ariat!! How awesome that you won that! Hope the next "date" keeps getting better! :)

Amanda said...

Pretty jealous of that Ariat winning.. seriously. How exciting that you made a potential new friend! Love when that all works out!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Meeting new Army Wives is always so fun!!! I remember being the newbie at our first duty station, completely lost. Im sure she's so grateful to have met you.

Khristenas said...

Time heals most everything! I'm glad to hear you're doing better. And super glad to hear you've found a new friend!

Go HAWKS!

Courtney B said...

I hope I can make a friend (or 10) like this when we move to AZ! It's always scary for me to start new!
Still thinking of you!! Wish I could give you a hug!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Yay for new friends! How was The Judge?

Kait said...

Oh meeting new friends is the best! Admittedly, I am HORRIBLE at it, but I like to branch out every now and again and "expose" myself, even though I find it incredibly uncomfortable!

Rach said...

Hooray for new friends! So glad you guys hit it off so well. I hope the follow up hang outs have been just as great as the initial one! :)

I love my booties too! I have two pairs! I've had one for a couple of months now and I wear them ALL THE TIME and I just got a second (dressier) pair for Christmas this past weekend with my family. I'm excited to wear them the next time I dress up. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...