Monday, November 3, 2014

"You (c/o 2004) Are Going To Hell In A Handbasket"

I was ten minutes late after driving the two hours home, but compared to everyone else, I was half an hour early. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to be awkwardly sitting there like I did, although they didn't realize that it made it easier for people to come to me, which was waaay less awkward. I knew I would recognize those I've stayed close with or have on Facebook, but I was so thankful that we had name tags for the rest. Supposedly seeing how everyone has changed is the fun part...I think not.



The funny thing was that I felt like we fell through a time warp and we were eighteen again. We all looked the same, we are still looking to find ourselves, and there was just something magical about reuniting in our home town. We've all known each other for the better part of our lives, so it's only natural to pick up where we left off.












Before I get too mushy gushy, dinner at The Fish House was amazing, but the real fun was the 'after party'. We were a few complimentary cocktails deep, and then it was party time! I'm pretty sure all reunions should end with a pub crawl around all the old haunts.



I must say, though, there was one big downside of the night. As you might have guessed, I was missing my best asset to show off, and that would be Will. Due to many unforeseen circumstances he had to stay home, but he still managed to be there in spirit...





















Ten years ago, our delightful Principal Eaton, aka Nettie, told us that we were going straight to Hell in a handbasket. I can't remember what caused her to bestow her 'wisdom' on us, but it was probably because each generation loses hope in the next at times. I just wish I could look good ol' Nettie in the eye, and say haters gon' hate.


10 comments:

P!nky said...

Bummer Will couldn't be there, but glad you had a great time. I enjoyed my HS reunion, it's so fun reconnecting with friends. And, kind of cool seeing how everyone grew up! Hope you had a great bday weekend, love you friend!

Jen said...

It's always a bummer when the husbands can't go.

Helene in Between said...

this is awesome! looks like you had so much fun. and I love the convo back and forth between you and will!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

your reunion was way better than my reunion. Glad you had a great time!

Jamie said...

Looks like you had fun!

Mandie said...

That sucks that the hubby couldn't be there but it does look like you had a good time. Good for you, girlie! :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! To bad the hubbs couldn't join ya!!!

Courtney B said...

You and Will! Love the texts! Looks like it was a great night! We went to Eric's 10 year reunion in July and it was aaaaaaaawkward, ha ha! But I wasn't surprised, his tiny hometown is awkward anyway!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Haha! Will's texts are the best. Let's get weird! Looks like a fun reunion. Our class is so big I don't think it would be as fun!

Rach said...

Bummer that Will couldn't be there with you, but it looks like you still had fun!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...