Saturday, May 7, 2011

Strawberry Daiquiri Salad

...As in-I've been eating them EVERYDAY, at least once a DAY...

Duh-Dah-DUH:

Strawberry-Feta-Almond-Salad=YUM!!

I inhale it too fast to possibly take a picture, so I borrowed this one from allrecipes.com. 
(I also finally joined their site, so that I could start saving the recipes there instead of overloading my "favorites" tool bar.)

What you'll need:
Fresh Spinach
Fresh Strawberries, sliced
Sliced Almonds, UNSALTED
Feta Cheese, crumbled
Raspberry Vinaigrette, the more natural the better

Toss it all together (as pictured above), and you will have a phenomenal snack.  Add some fresh grilled chicken and you've got a whole meal ;)  I literally lick the plate clean-sad I know, but it's just so dang GOOD.  Now, I know why some people call it the Strawberry Dacquiri Salad. <3
**BEWARE: YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED**

You could substitute many other fruits for the same effect or even play around with dried fruits, particularly cranberries/blueberries.  The combinations are truly never-ending!

Annie's is always my go-to for dressings, so I highly suggest this one:


But I recently got this one and it is PHENOMENAL!  It's a little more tart, but exquisite flavor:

Um...yeah...
I've got to go and- GET MY SALAD FIX ON...
BYE!!!

4 comments:

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Wow, this looks like a really great healthy snack! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog its so nice to meet you xo

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yummy that sounds delish!

Janna Renee said...

My pleasure and it's soooo good y'all! I just went to costco and bought feta and almond slices in BULK since I've been eating so much of it!! sad, but happily true ;)

Lindsay T. said...

Oh yum!! I'm going to have to try this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...