Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Much Anticipated- CARROT CAKE MILKSHAKE!

Recently I stumbled upon C.C.K.'s blog where I have been re-inspired to enjoy all things dessert!  I obviously fell in love with her Raw and Vegan sweets recipes, that allow you to enjoy healthy treats that are almost too good to be true, and in particular, I fell hard for her recipe for a Carrot Cake Milkshake.  Carrot Cake is one of my top dessert faves, but A) it's not exactly healthy and B) it is kind of expensive to make if you make it from scratch as I do.  That's what makes this new recipe one of my top FAVES!

You've got to think outside the box to realize that this:


Can be condensed into this:


And not only that- but it can be made HEALTHY too!

My recipe isn't as light at C.C.K.'s, but I wanted stronger flavors.  Fear not though, because I cut some calories before I added others, so it probably evens out.  She had frozen banana instead of oatmeal, but I thought the oatmeal gave it a better texture and the cinnamon in the oatmeal helped out too.  I also added a dash of nutmeg and a bit of sweetener.  Just remember that you don't need a lot of sweetener and if you add more than a dash of nutmeg- it will overpower and that's all you end up tasting.  I found all this out for myself, because I made this 4 times before I called my recipe approved... I wanted to make sure I gave you the best recipe possible, aaaaannnnnd you're welcome!

Begin by gathering/preparing your ingredients:


  • 1/2 a packet of Cinnamon Oatmeal 
  • 2/3 cup almond milk 
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 carrot
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp splenda
  • dash nutmeg
  • 1 tbs coconut butter

 Find the recipe for the coconut butter here:


You can leave out the coconut butter, but I would at least add some fresh coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil or coconut extract.  Just stay away from over-processed-sweetened coconut because that detracts from the healthiness of the shake and adds "crap". 

I prepared the oatmeal first, while steaming the carrot.  I saved half the oatmeal for my next shake or dessert and then blended the other half with all of the indredients and ice.  Just add ice until it's a good milkshake consistency, pour into cute mason jars like these and you are ready for a blissful experience!


This recipe only serves one, but if you need more just double it.  I would however, be careful with the cinnamon and nutmeg, so as not to go overboard. 

Feel free to check out C.C.K's version and definitely check out her blog- you won't be disappointed!

Happy Memorial Weekend, Y'ALL!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...