Monday, August 27, 2012

Next Step...World Finals!

And no...I am not exaggerating about that.

I am JUST now feeling caught up on sleep and energy after Thursday, so now I am happy to give you all the details of my "weekend". I mean, technically I worked Saturday and Sunday, but the particular days of the week that my weekends fall on, is a technicality.


We can say that I kicked off my "weekend" with a fabulous lunch at CPK with Sami!
[I abstained from the pizza and had a salad...it was hard]

Photobucket

She just so happens to live in Denver, which is so close to me!
We hadn't seen each other in a few months, so it was awesome catching up and laughing about the blog world. It's kind of funny how meeting up with bloggers in real life makes it all so real.
Plus, I am just thankful that it brought this awesome girl and I together!

She had to go back to work, but it was time for my primping sesh to start, anyhoo.
I thought, that since I didn't really have a place to get ready, getting my hair and makeup done sounded logical, but I SHOULD have learned my lesson the last time.

-Long story short-
 I asked to trim it 1.5 inches, she took four.
I asked for big glamorous curls illustrated with a picture, it was straight.
That's right. She curled it TWICE, and I still walked out with straight hair.
WTF? How do I always get these people?

Photobucket

Thank goodness, the MAC chick calmed me down and dolled me up quickly.
I needed extra time when I got lost and for the final curl attempt.
Yep. 
My gps sent me five miles away, when the venue was AT THE MALL. Go figure.
I'm not gonna lie...I was questioning my dedication at this point. If this was a normal contest and in the Springs? I probably would have packed up and gone home. Fortunately, I was an hour from home, and  had a $2,000 incentive to remember. That being said, I curled my hair in a restaurant bathroom, I donned my new $26 dress, and plastered a smile across my face.
It was game time.

Photobucket

It helped that we had a great group of girls; a few of which I knew. They definitely helped brighten my mood. I also thought about having an adult beverage, but I didn't really want to fall on my face.
With my luck that day...it would have happened.

Photobucket

My manager called me and asked how everything was going, to which I replied, "Great, but unfortunately everyone looks amazing", and I wasn't just blowin' smoke. I did not think that I had it in the bag, so I was on pins and needles.

Photobucket

After we changed back into our dresses for the last time, I decided it was time to eat. The best part, was that they called us to the stage quicker than I expected, and I didn't have time to wash my hands. While I clapped as they announced second and third place, all I could think about was how my hands were sticking together with barbecue sauce. When they said my name, I was busy with that and quite surprised in general, so I'm sure that they got some great shots of my reaction. Priceless, I tell ya.

Photobucket

Now that I sound like a big fat complainer, I will tell you that it was all totally worth it.
It makes the win that much more sweet and will be hilarious to retell to the grandkids.
After they handed me a guitar (really?), a bag full of goodies, flowers, a check for two grand, AND tickets to Vegas for the World Finals, I began to hyperventilate and might do so again, just thinking about all of this...I think I'm in over my head, but I'll accept the challenge!
Vegas...I'm comin' for ya!!

Now I hope you all have a fabulous week!
We all deserve it.


41 comments:

Miranda said...

congrats! you look great!

Brooke said...

YEA! Congrats! How fun!
You look fab!


Brooke

=)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! Good luck in Vegas

Morgan Neal said...

OMG! Congrats! You look gorgeous! All your troubles were probably worth it in the end! ;)

P!nky said...

YAY! You look gorgie love, as always!

Cheers to you for keeping a cool head about the hair situation! :)

PLEASE tell me the worlds is in october and I can see you in vegas then1?!?!

LOVEYOU! xoxo

Rach said...

YOU GO, GIRL!!!! You are so gorgeous! Glad it was worth it despite all that went wrong! :)

Niken said...

CONGRATS!!!!
you look fab, with or without the curly hair

Kait said...

Congrats beautiful girl! You totally deserved to win! And after looking at the photos, I'm not sure you ever had any competition. Can't wait to see what's next!

Hilary said...

Holy smokes! Get it girl... you will do great in Vegas! So happy for you.

WOW -cannot believe she took 4 inches and it's still that long. Jealous, I am.

Alana Christine said...

Yayayayayayaya! Way to go, girl! You're going to take Vegas by storm!

DSR said...

You are a hot babe! And obviously I'm so jealous of your date with Sami. You guys are so cute. It makes me realize that I haven't seen my Chicago blogging friends for a while now.

Have a great Monday!

californiadreamin said...

WOO HOO!!!! Girl you look smokin! No wonder why you won, congratulations!!! :)

Unknown said...

way to be girl! def an inspiration to us all :) so happy i came across your blog! i cant wait to read more! If you'd like i have a giveaway on my blog with starbucks and vera bradly i think you'll love! have a great monday! xo

Courtney B said...

You look AMAZING!! Congrats, I'm so happy for you! When is the Vegas competition?
p.s. So sorry about your hair! I don't understand how girls get away with that crap... you need ME in your life, ha ha!

Nikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You looked amazing! When are the finals?

Sami said...

Okay first of all.. Thanks for the sweet shoutout! I am lucky to have met you through the crazy blog world as well! I'm so sorry you got lost, you should have called me haha. I'm pretty sure you were the prettiest girl there hands down and you totally deserved the win! Umm Vegas, I want to come ;) Thanks for linking up doll!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Congrats that's so awesome!! And you look amazing :)

So jealous of you and Sami's meetup! Next time I'll fly out and meet you ladies ;)

Thanks for linking up!

Nicole said...

That's so awesome. And just remember things happen for a reason!! :). You got to do your hair the way you liked if nothing else!

cynthia said...

Nailed it! Congrats. :)

The Little Flapper said...

Beautiful! :) One day I will have a banging body like yours!

Because Shanna Said So said...

Congrats!!! Vegas better watch out!! ;) You looked gorgeous...all of you did!! ;)
Shanna

Because Shanna Said So said...

Congrats!!! Vegas better watch out!! ;) You looked gorgeous...all of you did!! ;)
Shanna

J and A said...

OMG that's awesome!! You totally will be Vegas ready! Congrats beautiful! When is Vegas?

Anonymous said...

Yay congrats! I was in a contest like that when I was 14, ended up in the top 5 and I remember being super nervous the whole time. Course they didn't give me two grand and a trip to Vegas, but teenagers can't appreciate all Vegas has to offer. One of these days I'll make it out there. Anyways, love that you got to meet up with a fellow blogger it's nice to put a name to a face. If you're ever in the Philadelphia area let me know. BTW, damn you look amazing I hope you kick ass in the finals!

CeCe said...

That's so freakin' exciting! I'll live vicariously through you when you re cap about the finals. Congrats girl-you earned it!! 2k!! Sweet.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I was so happy when I got your text even though I knew you were going to win!!! I am so excited for you!!!! What's the grand prize?! Ah I wish I could come to Vegas & see you!!! What did hubs say?! He must be excited for the guitar!! That's nice u & Sammy met up! Love u gf!

Jamie said...

Love it. Congrats. You looked fabulous. Woo hoo for Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is so awesome! Congratulations! You are going to do fabulous :D

Nicole said...

YAYYY!!! Way to go!!!! I'm proud of you for toughing it out when things got rough!

Danavee said...

OMG! Awesome!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!

Alice said...

Congrats hot stuff!!!! Way to go!!

Pamela said...

Ahh, so exciting!! Woo woo! When are the finals in Vegas? Will your hubby be back to go?! Two grand. Wow, ha!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

OMG, what an amazing experience that is awesome. Congrats girl!!! You can do this!!!! When are finals in Vegas?? I bet your hubby is just spitting with smiles of how proud he is of you.

Unknown said...

Great job!!! Dang, if I lived near by I would ask you to be my personal trainer! Sending good juju your way for the finals!

Katie said...

congratulations! you look beautiful!

Holly said...

Woohoo! You look awesome, hun! Congrats!

Desiree said...

you are absolutely gorgeous! and I have been a horrible, horrible blogger lately!

congratulations!!! :) :)

Amanda said...

I'm so freaking proud of you! 1. You look gorgeous! 2. I'm glad you stuffed your face full of food! 3. That's all :)

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

congrats beautiful!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear about World Finals!

Modern Camelot said...

Wow sooo exciting. And you did a great job on your hair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...