Thursday, July 17, 2014

While The Boys Are Away, The Girls Will Play

Helene in Between

I planned on sharing some of my favorite products today, but that just wasn't where my heart was. Maybe it's that Will is gone or perhaps I'm just feeling cheesy, but my 'Favorite' today, is the community that I've found here in Enterprise. You see, this situation we are in- a small town, tight community, hard curriculum, and unknown territory for us all- lends itself to creating a bond that I never expected. Just as our soldiers are experiencing this process of becoming Pilots, we wives are having to adjust and learn as well. I know their bonding is happening in the field, but ours is happening over arts and crafts and wine nights.


One of my 'favorite' nights was our craft night with our FRG {Family Readiness Group}. You give me chocolate and a paint brush, and I will be your best friend. If our last FRG had done so, perhaps I would have been a lot more involved *winkwink. But seriously, we have so much fun together that it should be illegal.





Flight Class 14-014


I am truly blown away by our time in Enterprise so far, and I can't wait to see what the next year or so holds for us. Only THREE more days and I get my soldier back!! He's obviously my other favorite ;) Forever and always ha has no choice.




16 comments:

Unknown said...

FRG looks like a lot of fun. i would love to read more about them

Jenn said...

Im really glad you have such a supportive community--it makes dealing with stressful and hard times SO much easier. Love the picture of all of you, too!
YAY for 3 days! I know you're SO pumped to have your soldier back :)

P!nky said...

YAY! I'm soo glad you have such a wonderful community. That's so important and having support is helpful on the bad days.

WOOOHOOO!!!! YAY WILL'S COMING HOME SOON!

Helene in Between said...

what great people to surround yourself with!! and of course he's your favorite favorite :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I'm so glad you're surrounded by a wonderful community.

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

Its like Army Wives IRL. Love that you have a community to cling to while Will has been away.

Rach said...

Glad you are having fun with them! It's so good that you have a sweet community surrounding you (and keeping you busy) while Will is gone.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that you are so involved! It definitely helps.

Pamela said...

Aw how awesome!! Sounds like fun!! Yayyy for him coming home soon :)

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

So cool that they have these little gatherings for you ladies!! How fun. And yeah-for him coming back soon. I know you are so excited.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

That's awesome that you've connected and are adjusting so well to your new duty station and have made some great friends.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I wish I had a version of the FRG!

Holly said...

That looks like fun! I'm sure it's so nice to have the support of the other wives and get to know them.

Anonymous said...

I envy your strength being able to be a military wife... I don't think I could do it. But how awesome is it that you have so much support!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

So glad you found a group you connect with to build a support system. The fact that you can have so much fun is just a really good bonus!!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

How fun!!! That's awesome, Janna. Glad your man will be home soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...