Monday, July 21, 2014

He's Home!!

I have a million, billion emotions running through my mind, and oh so much to say, but for now...We are a little 'busy'. Bowchickawowow. In case you don't follow me on Instagram, here is my new favorite photo EVER. I'm sure you can understand why.

To my very own personal superhero,
I say welcome home, lover. Let's forget about the world and lose sight of anything but each other. With you home, the house will feel whole again and I will be whole again. I don't need you to complete me, but I am grateful for the fact that you do.

Bonus, here's a recipe I came up with for the BEST croutons ever. I know, I know. You can't claim recipes are the best based on personal opinion, but once you try them you will understand. It's a magical addition to your salad.


While those are cooking, simply grill up some chicken, cut Romaine Hearts in half lengthwise, brush with olive oil mixed with the same seasonings as the croutons on the cut side, and grill the lettuce for two minutes, as well. Top with croutons, Caesar dressing, and voila! You have an incredible dinner. Just make sure you heed the 250 temperature...low and slow is the key.


Somehow, I don't have a single picture of the final product, so this was the first time we experimented with grilled lettuce. It is now my most favorite way to make a salad, and the only way we do Caesar's around here. If you think salads are boring, you need to come to my house. In love, life, and food...I don't do boring.


28 comments:

Kenzie Smith said...

I love that photo of you two and how much love you guys have for each other ♥ Will definitely be trying that crouton recipe!

Jenn said...

SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Nothing more needs to be said. Don't read this--go spend time with your man :)

P!nky said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! FINALLY!!! I know you've missed your guy, so very much and I'm so incredibly happy he's finally home with you!

Frame that picture, it's amazing!

<3 you! And tell Will THANK YOU for his sacrifice for our country! I know he missed you like crazy too!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Absolutely love the photo of you and your hubby!! I am going to have to try that salad. I am SO over salad right now after wedding dieting all spring.

Katie @ Chalk it up to Better Luck said...

So sweet :) I want a love like that...

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

I love y'all and that meal doesn't hurt either!

Katie said...

that first picture!!! oh my gosh - i love it!! so glad he's home!

Megan Wadsworth said...

SUCH a cute photo! I've got to sucker someone into coming with me to B's welcome home ceremony next month :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I missed that pic on IG - what a fabulous photo!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

That's so exciting he's home!! Hope you're enjoying every minute of him ;-)

Jamie said...

Yay! Enjoy your time!

Mandie said...

Yea, I'm so happy that he's home! Awhoo hoo! Enjoy your time together! :)

Jamie Hart said...

Yum! Just yum! But more importantly, that picture is to die for! Frame it!

Rach said...

I'm sooooooo happy for you guys! That pic made me all kinds of happy! :)

Lauren @ Lot Forty Eight said...

I am new to your blog so I didn't know your husband was gone on deployment!! Im so happy for you that he back!! How long was he gone?? My brother in law is in Afghanistan on 9 month leave

Jen said...

Happy he is home, enjoy the time together!

Lindsey Peterson said...

That picture is so precious!! Happy he's home! :)

Brittany said...

I love that picture :) So glad he is home again

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my god, best photo ever! Totally made my day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh this is too adorable! Have a great time ;)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Love the picture!! You two are perfect for each other!!! So glad your heart is whole again!!!

A Life Without Mofongo said...

Pictures like yours makes me tear. I totally know the feeling. I'm super happy and excited for your guys. xoxo

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

That was the perfect picture of his homecoming. So sweet! I love grilled romaine. Best way to do salad!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Enjoy!!! And I love all the sweet candid reunion pics you two get together!!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Stop it right now...that is the CUTEST picture EVER! I love how everyone in the background is smiling! :D

Courtney B said...

Grilled lettuce?! I must try that asap!
I am sooooo happy he's home! That picture totally melted my heart! You two are my fave!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

That picture of you guys is priceless!! Hope you have it framed in your house!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Pamela said...

YUMMMM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...