Monday, July 28, 2014

Where There's A Will There's A Way

One thing you may not know about military life is that even when they are off on nights and weekends while stateside, they could be called in for cleaning, duties, Honors, and pretty much any reason that the command deems necessary. Not that I'm complaining because yes, we 'signed up for this', but it does make planning ahead extremely hard. For example, we have been 'planning' to go to Panama City to celebrate the homecoming for MONTHS, but nothing could be set in stone until we got the official okay on Friday. Do you know how hard it is to get a hotel on the beach with that short of notice in the middle of the summer?

However, where there's a will...there's ALWAYS a way. Will, Dustin, and I spent all afternoon checking every website and making phone calls, and we managed to finagle a room at the AMAZING Sandestin Resort in Miramar Beach. It was perfect timing too, because we were just about to give up. Well, we never give up, but we definitely wanted to. Anywhosit, the boys needed some beers after that, so Drinking Jenga seemed like a good idea. I wasn't drinking, but I decided to play, and I think I regret it. If you watch the following video, you will see why.



Joel actually cheated, so I could have said no, but it was the principle of the matter, and I just solidified my title as the best wife ever. I would tell you more about the weekend, but I'm still recuperating. Let's just say, there is a reason I swore off Rumple Minz years ago. Hey...it was free because I got kicked out of the bar mistakenly, and you all know I can't say no to free. I'll fill in all the details soon, but now I'm going back to sleep.


10 comments:

Jenn said...

As someone who likes to plan, I can totally understand how that would be ridiculously hard to kinda hang back and wait for the go ahead to finalize plans. I'm glad you guys made it happen anyway...you're so adaptable :)
Hope you're recovering alright!!

P!nky said...

You go girl :)!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Rumple Minz is on my no no never list!

Kenzie Smith said...

I'm glad that you were able to find a room!
You go Janna!!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

You go girl! I can't remember the last time I shot-gunned a beer!

Jen said...

I am such a planner and the military loves to get involved in plans haha.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I don't think I have ever had Rumple Minz but you are one boss lady! Rules are rules! Haha!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Check you out chicka!!!!! :) PS: so glad things worked out for you both to be able to go on your celebratory beach trip!!!

Amanda said...

Haha glad things worked out for you guys to celebrate!

Rach said...

So glad you guys got to get away together!! :) Looking forward to hearing the rest of the details about the weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...