Friday, December 14, 2012

How Do You Score As An Adult?

I know that we have sent out emails, facebooked, and tweeted that the link up is moved to next week, but in case you didn't get the memo...The link up is moved to DECEMBER 20TH! I know, I know, I'm just as anxious as you, but the extra anticipation will be worth it.

I am just happy that only one day stands in the way of another blissful weekend with my love. One that is starting off with Will making me dinner and date night in. We are stocked up on wood so there will most definitely be a fire, and maybe we will even do chocolate fondue with roasted roasted marshmallows again. It happens to be my favorite fireside activity... Well, at least my favorite that involves food. ;)

Speaking of food:



Maybe this isn't the best option, but it was when there weren't many sweets in the house and that craving occurred.  I saw the WW Turtle Sundae in the freezer and knew that it wouldn't leave me satisfied, so I whipped up the brownie and a la mode it was! It was the perfect amount and worth every bite. Go try it. Don't just take my word for it!
Photobucket
I found this through Kristine a few weeks ago, and just had to see how I scored.


Job (1P) Business Card (1P) Laptop (1P) Live with Parents (-2P) Engaged (1P) Married (2P) Divorced (3P) Kids (2P) House (2P) Car (1P) Minivan (2P) Cottage/Boat (2P) Dog (1P) Loan (1P) Credit Card (1P) Maxed Out Credit Card (-3P) Airmiles (1P) Savings Account (1P) Dishwasher (1P) Sewing Machine (2P) King Size Bed (1P) Actually Cooking (2P) Slippers (1P) Grey Hair (1P) Cellulites (1P) Morning Paper (1P) Video Games (-1P) Choose to not pick up the phone (2P) Tattoo (-1P) Degree (1P) Mugshot (-2P) Casual Sex (-2P) Double Date (1P) Wine Tasting (1P) Beer Keg (-1P) Weight Watchers (2P) Casual Friday (1P) Walking Just For Fun (1P) Cruise (3P) High School Reunion (1P) Odd Piercings (-2P)

My Total Adult Points: 28

0 – 15 Points: Cut Your Hair and Get a Job!
16 – 29 Points: It’s all downhill from here
30 – 46 Points: Moving To Florida?

As you can see, "It's all downhill from here", but really I think it should say "You've reached your prime!" Then there's also the fact that I don't feel like an adult WHATSOEVER.
I can't believe that I do all these adult things, and then I will forget that I'm old enough to drink or to even pop out kids. Although, I'm sure that if we do have kids people will look at me and think "babies having babies". Judgmental schmucks. Joke will be on them when I tell them that I'm 30+ (remember this is IF we have kids).
Source: thefancy.com via Janna on Pinterest


I don't know if I will ever feel like an adult, but that is just fine with me.
I want to be like my parents; drinking beers on the porch after work, traveling, and rockin' out harder than we do at concerts. They are proof that that there doesn't have to be a downhill.

What are your Adult Points?



DecGiv



20 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man...my adult points are 12! Guess I'm legit not grown up yet!! :P

Kait said...

My adult points are 20! That was fun :) Thanks for sharing and enjoy that fireside date!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Have so much fun with your love this weekend girl!!!! Enjoy that fire, wish we had a fire place!

Helene said...

I did the quiz and I am a 28 too!! haha but yes I agree with the "I am at my prime" thing!

Rebecca said...

i don't wanna grow up and you can't make me :)

Sam said...

16, i barely made it! haha this was cute :)

Jenn said...

Thats a cute idea...I didnt do my points yet, but I will later :)

P!nky said...

GAH, I don't want to my points, I feel like I will fail compared to other people!

I was just talking to the bf about how close to an adult I feel and I'm 30 in April...EEP!

Alana Christine said...

That desert looks ah-mazing!!

Anonymous said...

I scored a 16 so thankfully I AM an adult...but just barely. I guess I could have seen that coming. My in-laws are just like your parents and I aim to be just like them!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

I don;t wanna take the test for fear I have grown up... And umm love the dessert idea!

Jen said...

Mine are 25...hmmmm not so bad haha. :)

Amanda said...

I was at 19, so you're more adult than me even though I think you're technically younger than me ;) But I don't think that it's all down hill from here for us though, it's only up and up!

My-cliffnotes said...

23, is it bad that I'm a bit older than 23 lol

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I scored a 22 :)

Jamie said...

Mmmm brownie treat. Mmmm.

Rach said...

Funny you should post this! Christopher and I were just talking about how we have come to realize that we are real adults now. We got married so young that I don't know that we really felt like "real adults" if that makes sense, haha! Anyway, I'm a solid 26 on that scale. But like you said, I don't think it's all downhill from here. I mean, I'm only 25... I've got LOTS of life left to live! :)

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOL! I feel ya girl! When M&M and I have been to the grocery store I've had people comment about me being their babysitter?! WTF? I'm 28 people! I guess I'll take it, it could be worse right?! XOXOX ;)

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I will never feel like an adult. I swear I keep getting younger as my age gets older!

Nicole said...

So do you get a point per credit card and loan?? It's funny, you have more points than me and I'm older but if you get a point per then maybe I'll surpass ;). I was at 26.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...