Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Love, Don't Judge.

First order of business, is that we have moved the Secret Santa Gift Swap to December 20th. We want to make sure that everyone can participate and the Post Office doesn't get in the way. They seem to be giving many of us a hard time during this holiday season, but fear not!
Check your emails for the details!
Photobucket
I was really struck by Melissa's story today. It is the epitome of what you can lose by misjudging people, and this pin came to mind when I read it.


Photobucket

Hello there! My name is Melissa and I write over at Scribble-N-Dash. I have been such a huge fan of Janna's blog for some time now & reading her Perception is Everything posts every single week has made me want to share how one very important person in my life, at one point, I wanted nothing to do with {& respectively, wanted nothing to do with me... Someone I completely & utterly misjudged}

Cue seventeen year old me...

A girl who wanted nothing to do with a part time job. Who wanted to go to school, socialize & spend all her free time with her boyfriend.

I took the job at Subway to please my parents & get them off of my back about being "lazy"... Creating a social life was not lazy in my mind, it was a busy busy time being seventeen! They obviously did not see it that way.

I hated working there, I didn't make any real connections with other employees & in fact had a major disliking for my manager. He & I did not see eye to eye on anything, and I received a lot of the "not-so-fun" jobs to do when he was there. If I saw his car when I pulled into the lot before work, I would sit there & wait until it was a few minutes after I was scheduled, it limited the amount of time I had to be around him. I seriously considered quitting many times; he considered firing me as well.

I saw him as a stuck up, arrogant guy on a power trip because he was the manager. Unfortunately I thought very little of him & never took the time to get to know him. He saw me as a spoiled little girl who had everything handed to her & who did not take working seriously; he was not entirely wrong at the time either.

See today, that manager that made my life a living hell for over a year, that guy that I drove crazy, as probably one of the worst employees out there, is now my wonderful, loving husband, Andrew.



We look back now & both can acknowledge that we did things to strain that Manager/Employee relationship in hopes to get me to quit & him to fire me. A little after a year of working there I did make friends, which is how Andrew & I started hanging out. One thing lead to another, I broke up with my boyfriend, and started dating Andrew.

We have definitely had our ups and downs, transforming our relationship from one of distaste to one of sheer infatuation all while working together was intense {I officially quit a week after we got married!!!} We were around each other all of the time & it took its toll. I began to understand just how stressful his job was & still is. He wasn't arrogant or on a power trip, he just had a low tolerance for anyone who made his job more difficult or stressful for the sheer purpose of just wanting to, but I really wasn't as spoiled as he perceived me to be.



Seven years ago, had someone told me that this is where I would be, I would have never even considered their statement remotely true or even probable.

I misjudged the most important person in my life & when I realize just how close I came to never even realizing this, how that whole first year could have gone either way, I thank God every single day that I stayed & he gave me chance after chance.

You never know where you will find love, the person you cannot stand today may just be the person you are meant to be with for the rest of your life.


Thank you so much Janna for letting me share my story! Love ya girl!!! :)

Blog || Facebook || Twitter

Photobucket

Seriously, can you imagine almost missing out on the love of your life?
I am SO happy that they grew past their issues in time.

Love, don't judge!


December Giveaway
                  DSW giveaway << CeCe is having a 
fun giveaway too!
Who doesn't want
$50 to DSW?!!
I Do, I D0!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I did not expect that twist in the story! So glad things worked out for you two, what a unique love story! =)

Jenn said...

What an awesome story! Definitely one to bring home the point about judging before you know someone.

Helene said...

what a neat story!!! Very unexpected. I cannot wait to check out her blog!

P!nky said...

HOLY MOLY that's amazing!

So wonderful, congrats!

xoxo

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

This just made me tear up. How sweet a love story.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a great story and such an important message!!

Holly said...

Loved Melissa's story! I'm so glad that their misperceptions of each other worked out in the end :)

Anonymous said...

Totally didn't expect that one! Even though my now-husband and I seemed to hit it off from the beginning, in the back of my mind I wrongly judged him for the first few months, making sure we were actually going to work out. The reason: He's originally from New Jersey and I'm a Southern girl, through and through :) Yes, I was shallow, but I fell head over heels in love with him anyway and am so glad I could see past the stupid misconception of his hometown that I had in my head!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Cray cray!! Totally caught me off guard. Things happen for a reason :) Love me a good love story.

Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

Oh gosh!! As I was reading this I thought, nooooo!!! Lol. It's amazing how fate works. Kenny and I did everything possible to avoid working as a couple and now I can't tell you how many times in the last 5 years he has said, " I can't believe I almost lost you. I was such an idiot". I believe that stories

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

Like Melissa's are the most beautiful because in the end they worked hard for each other and they both grew together!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

What a great story, congrats to the two love birds!!!

Unknown said...

WOW what a great story! Thanks for sharing and for the little reminder!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story!!!

Yay about the swap! I was worried, I still haven't received anything. The USPS is SOOO unreliable.

Jen said...

Such an awesome story! :)

Rach said...

Oh, I absolutely love this! It sounds like a romantic comedy in the making! Love their story. :)

My-cliffnotes said...

What a sweet story!! Lesson learned :)

Nicole said...

God has his way of making things work!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...