Monday, September 19, 2011

The Flobots and Co.


My husband introduced me to this band awhile ago, and like him- I quite enjoy them.  We missed their last show in town, so I promised him that we would go to the next one, which just happened to be this past Saturday!  I must tell you, though, we almost didn't make it...

He got back from the field on Thursday waaayyyyy past my bedtime, so Friday evening was our first bit of quality time.  Apparently, Will was looking forward to it just as much as I was, because this is what I came home to:

Followed by Filet fresh off the grill, paired with roasted red-bliss potatoes and a zucchini-squash medley.  As if I didn't need another reason to marry this man, HE CAN COOK TOO!  Not only was dinner fabulous, but we stayed lost in conversation well after dinner was finished, and then cuddled up to watch the movie "Unknown" with Liam Neeson. (Highly recommend, by the way). 
 All was fabulous, but at the end of the night he began complaining of a pounding headache.  This was odd because he doesn't normally get headaches, he began acting out of character and confused and he also had a weird lump on his leg that had rapidly popped up.  I didn't want to over-react and haul him off to the hospital, so I gave him some medicine, tucked him in and checked him a ba-zillion times throughout the night to make sure he didn't  die on me have a fever.  The next morning his headache was better, but the lump was bigger and even more painful.  It was actually to the point that he couldn't even walk normally, so to the ER we went.
We were afraid that it was going to take forever at the Fort Carson hospital, but we were actually seen relatively quickly and efficiently.  The Doc said it was most likely a cyst (not the cancerous kind) and that he would prescribe some antibiotics and pain meds as the first line of defense to try to avoid surgery.  As minor as the surgery would be, it's still a pain in the butt and prolongs the healing time.
Bad news: It made for an uncomfortable day/evening for Will
Good news:  He got babied by me, got hopped up on relief from pain meds, still got to go to the concert AND got to sit in the Handicap section!



Air Dubai and K-Flay were the openers and we all enjoyed both!  Seriously, they are worth checking out.  Air Dubai's lead singer has an INCREDIBLE voice and K-Flay is basically one chick who creates her own beats, DJ's and sings.  Pretty darn multi-talented, if you ask me.




 I think the group of people we went with also MADE the concert.  None of them had even heard of any of the bands, but they were down for a good time and trusted our musical judgement.  They certainly made the show more interesting ;)
#inthemoment


In case you are unfamiliar with the band, you might recognize this song:


 And definitely check out the video for "Stand Up". It's my favorite <3

Unfortunately, Will's leg doesn't seem to be better...in fact it seems worse :(  I will spare you the details, but it's GROSS.  He said he's gonna stop showing me, if I don't stop getting grossed out and making fun of it.  Needless to say, he is going to sick-call in the morning and then straight to the doctor.  I think the surgery is inevitable at this point.  Poor baby.  I would say that he's doing all this to get out of all his responsibilities, but I know that he's really in pain and with the way it looks....eeewwwwwweeeeeeeeeoooowwww.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Hi :) I'm new to your blog and love it. Your poor man, hope his leg gets better soon - but glad you still made it to the concert :)

Megan said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry that he hasn't been feeling good! That's always scary! I'll be praying that it gets better!! I'm glad y'all still got to have a fun time at the concert.

Miss Rachel M. said...

How is Will feeling?! Update please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...