Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Okay, So Maybe I Splurged A LITTLE...

Before I was pregnant, if I knew I had to wear a bikini all weekend, there is NO way I would be eating sodium, processed foods, anything not home cooked, or heaven forbid anything fried. Now, the only reason I don't eat those things is for Charlie, which means as long as I have it in moderation I can indulge without worry because it has NO effect on this bikini line.


Here's what I 'indulged on' this weekend:
Watermelon Cake, Blackened Fish Sandwich, Hush Puppies, BBQ Pork Nachos, Gelato, and then the in laws came in town and whipped us up a pancake breakfast to top it all off. Have you ever had watermelon flavored cake? Let me tell you, I wasn't all about it when I saw chocolate chips on top, but you can't judge a book by it's cover. Watermelon and chocolate now go HAND IN HAND in my mind, and I want more in my life asap. Luckily, my friend Karie is our resident baker, so I will be requesting it. I think Will is getting tired of hearing about it, but too bad, so sad. Watermelon, watermelon, WATERMELON CAKE!


We had actually cancelled plans this weekend trying to take it easy, but once again we reminded ourselves that we must seize the day, er...weekend. We all hopped in the truck and down to Destin we went. We ignored weather and Riptide warnings to soak up our last time at the beach before my doctor said I can't travel. I actually thought it was a terrible idea for Memorial Day Weekend what with traffic and whatnot, but boy was I wrong. It was pure perfection and just what we all needed. Bye bye beach...I'll miss you for awhile!


Hope you all had a great Memorial Day! Remember- all gave some, and some gave all.




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, when I get pregnant I'm gonna be indulging in everything! No shame. I mean, I'll still be working out so really there's nothing I gotta worry about, right? ;)

Kait said...

You look SO fabulous pregnant! I know I've said that before, but really, you do! It looks like you guys had a great weekend :)

P!nky said...

I'm so glad you seized the day and the food. You are so good at watching what you eat and you deserve a lil ice cream. And watermelon cake!!!!!!

Jenn said...

It looks like you guys had a beautiful (and tasty!) trip. I've heard amazing things about Destin--would love to make it down that way, one day. You are looking amazing, lady!!

Jen said...

Destin is on of my favorite places!!! :) My sister lives 20 minutes from there and we always try to go when I visit.

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

Umm holy hot preggo! You look amazing!

Pamela said...

ah, I hope I can pull off a bikini pregnant half as good as you can one day!

Mandie said...

I LOVE HUSH PUPPIES! They are so delish! It sounds/looks like a good time. Good for you! :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

lori said...

you are the CUTEST preggo ever! indulge, and enjoy it ;)

Amanda said...

YAY for indulging. I want to go to Destin so bad! The beaches look amazing!

Amanda said...

YAY for indulging. I want to go to Destin so bad! The beaches look amazing!

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with a little indulging! Sounds like you guys had a great time and Destin looks like it lives up to the hype.

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Indulge away and you still look cute in your bikini!!

Kendel | Little Misadventures said...

Ooooh, watermelon cake! YUM. Nothing wrong with splurging every now and then ;)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

You look fabulous and it looks like the weather was perfect for the beach!

Alana Livingston said...

You look so good & I love that bikini! I'm glad that you guys took advantage of the weekend and squeezed in one last beach trip!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds delicious and your bump is so cute!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Rach said...

Those BBQ nachos look SO good! Glad you had a delicious and fun weekend! You know how much I love Destin! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...