Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I Love Talking Finances

I think this is the first time in our marriage that Will and I have slept apart for more than one night while in the same house. Every now and then it's happened for one reason or another, but the last couple of nights he chose to sleep in the guest bedroom to keep Charlie and I safe from his cold. This is crazy to me because we've never let illness keep us apart or even stop us from kissing, and yet it's different now...As with everything else in our life, it's all about her and being healthy for her. I did try to take care of him when he would let me, and I even made Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch {homemade broth and all} to boost both of our immune systems. All I know is I'm going to snuggle him so hard tonight! 

Life According to Steph

Ooooh yeah, I'm two for two on the Choose Your Own Adventure Link Up! I guess it helps that I HAVE to be goal oriented during the biggest transition in our lives, so whatever works. Let's see how we did on April's Financial Goals, shall we...

Create a Baby Fund. CHECK. I haven't technically transferred the money into the Baby Fund, but the account has been set up and the money has been put away. Close enough.

Build a House Emergency Fund on top of our regular savings. Sort of CHECK. Again, the account has been setup, but I want to pay our savings back for some of the costs we incurred on top of Closing Costs. After a few months, we will be square and then the fund will begin. Until then, we have our regular savings and an extra mutual fund that's our 'emergency- emergency' fund worst case scenario.

Track every penny spent on CQB, and try to stick to the plan of buying the majority of the things we need after the second shower. CHECK. I could put sorta for this one too, because this next baby shower is more of a celebration for myself and another spouse {I'm stoked for a dual shower}, but will not be the type of shindig that warrants me worrying about buying stuff off the registry. However, I have been scoring when it comes to the Fort Rucker Classifieds sites, so we have gotten $100's and $100's of dollars worth of stuff for chump change. We even got a BOB stroller for $150. Whoop whoop!


Sell everything that's not nailed down in this house. CHECK. This has been going really well. My goal was to sell up to the amount that I thought we'd make at a garage sale and call it quits, but it's been so lucrative that I've kept going. I have been donating in the process, but I've pretty much offset all my baby spending with this income. The best part is that we haven't even gotten to the garage yet. Cha-ching.

May's Goal: READ
I particularly like this one because I need to finish reading all the baby books I've started, make it through the stack of parenting magazines piled up, and catch up on blog reading. I should add go to the library as a goal, though. I have two pre-tty overdue books that need to be rechecked out asap. I wish our library charged us late fees because then I have a reason to be on time.

How about you? Working on any goals these days?


11 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's great that you are doing so many things financially. It really is amazing how much of a difference it can make. I love finding items on yard sale sites and stuff like that. Gotta love saving money. :)

Nikki said...

Go you! You guys are doing so so well!

On another note we LOVE our Bob stroller! Does the front wheel on that one swivel?

P!nky said...

You are sooooooo good at finances, lady. Such a role model for everyone! So cool you got a stroller for so cheap, I've heard great things about the BOB. I have a good friend that finds a lot of her cute kid clothes on ebay for chump change which I thought was genius! <3 you!

Alana Livingston said...

Good job on the goals! I keep telling Jacob we need to set up a couple more accounts and actually designate what money is for what, but instead we have one savings account that we funnel everything into--maybe one day I can convince him! lol
Also, I have been on a selling kick lately, too--last night I made $290! haha. It is kind of addicting...

Helene in Between said...

wow sounds like you guys are seriously on top of it!! way to go!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

You're killing it!

What a great buy on the BOB stroller. I'm glad you're reusing where you can and selling to others so they can also reuse - now there's a gift to Charlie and others of her generation!!!

lisacng said...

Good job getting all the financial goals for baby set up. You'll thank yourself later because when baby comes, you'll have like no time for doing all that. And yay for the cheap baby stuff!!!!! And selling lots of stuff too!

Kimmi said...

Wonderful job doing on those goals for baby! I was very happy when we set up a baby fund and it has made it easier for other people who never know what to get a two-year-old! That's awesome that you been able to sell so much stuff congrats I am a terrible salesperson I keep wanting to have a garage sale but I'll probably just end up building at all! Out of laziness!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

You are so organized! And I love talking money too. People say you are never ready for a baby and I agree but there is a difference between not being ready and not being prepared. Sounds like you will be even though you got late notice!!

Courtney B said...

No way! Killer deal on your BOB! That is awesome!! I need to start keeping an eye out for a double BOB. We love our single so much that I will definitely be spending the money on a double (but hopefully I can score a sweet deal like you did!) You'll love having a sweet little running buddy!!

Rach said...

So many great goals! Love all your financial ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...