Friday, May 15, 2015

Brain Dump: I Might Break Up With My iPhone

GASP! Is it so?
I have been an iPhone user for about four years, and iPod user for 10+ years, and an Apple user since back in the day when we called them 'Macs', but I have been seriously disappointed with all the software glitches, updates, and poor picture quality of the 5S that was supposed to be 'soooo much better'. I don't know if I'll pull the trigger come upgrade time in June, but I need y'alls opinion on the the 6, 6+, and any other phone that you guys use, love, and/or hate. I'm down to the upgrade deadline, so HELP! Hashtagfirstworldproblems

+ Check out the Volunteer Coin I got. Sorry to keep bringing this whole volunteer thing up, but it's been a whirlwind of a year and I'm very thankful to end on this positive note with all these perks I never thought I'd get and I most certainly won't be getting next year. HashtagMerica


+  This week has been focused on the changing table and crib bumper. I kept changing my mind which fabric I wanted to use for the interior of the bumper, but I finally pulled the trigger with the more subdued pattern on the left. I would let you guess, but I wouldn't want you all to vote for the floral pattern on the right and then second guess myself. Hopefully I can call it done come tomorrow. Eek! I'm so close to being done with all the nursery 'projects'!
+ Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of my faves of all time, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a bowl full of $0.30 pasta. The other day, I figured it was about time I tried to make some myself where it was cost efficient, I  control the seasonings, and most importantly, I could have a ton of chicken and veggies accompanied by pasta instead a pile of pasta two bites of chicken.
**I apologize to those of you that want a bloggerific recipe in the perfect format and font, but it's much easier for me to write it out how I cook it, and this is for me to remember as much as it is to share. Here's another recipe option for the ones that need more direction. ;)


Chicken Breast (2 or more)
Red and Green Bell Pepper
Red Onion
1 1/2-2 C. Cooked WHOLE GRAIN Pasta
2Tbsp Butter
1 C. Heavy Cream or Milk
1/2 C. Parmesan
1/2 C. Sour Cream
Blackened Seasoning to taste. I probably used a half C. in total...
Chopped Green Onion for garnish
Sub or add Chicken Stock for all or part of the cream to lighten it up. Just don't get rid of the cheese or sour cream, though, or you will regret it.

The great thing is that this recipe is customizable. With chicken/without, more veggies/veggies of your choice, season to your taste, and even cook it how it works for you. You can saute your chicken and veggies in EVOO and Blackened Seasoning, but I really recommend lighting up the good ol' grill. You will get a much smokier flavor, use less oil, and your husband will be proud. To grill, coat chicken and veggies {separate bowls} with Blackened Seasoning/EVOO. Cook chicken directly on grill and five minutes later you can throw the veggies on in a grill basket. You will want to flip the chicken halfway through (when the skin separates from the grill making it easy to flip) and try to stir the veggies periodically so they don't over char.

You should probably start the sauce before grilling if you are going that route, but if you are sauteing the chicken, feel free to make this a one pot dish and cook the sauce in the same pan using the heavy cream to deglaze the pan. In a large skillet, heat up some butta' and then pour in Heavy Cream, Parmesan, Sour Cream, and as much blackened seasoning as your little heart desires {just remember- you can always add more, but you can't subtract}. You can also add a tsp or two of sugar or sweetener of your choice if you want to add some depth as it cooks. It won't take long to meld the flavors, so toss in your pasta and veggies when done, mix to coat, and then serve with chicken and green onion garnish on top.

My last question for today: Has anyone tried ordering form Target this week? I've had nothing but trouble with their online site no matter which browser I try to use and it's frustrating the ish out of me. It may be because they are having a big baby sale, but either way I just want to order stuff and give them money. Why then, do they make it SOOOOO difficult.

Thanks for letting me brain dump! Anything on your mind?


17 comments:

P!nky said...

I just upgraded and am enjoying the 5s. The 6 is too big for me, I don't need all of that in a phone and the price is ridiculous too [even with the upgrade discount, egad]. I'll just use my big camera when I want a nice picture.

Can't wait to see the finished product with all your sewing. You are a master, lady! Congrats on the coin, I love military coins, such a fun tradition! :)!

<3 you!

Jenn said...

I had the iPhone 5 (not the S) and upgraded to the 6. I like it, but I didn't notice a ton of difference (other than it being bigger and the picture clearer). Beyond that, I can't help :(
Can't wait to see all of the baby stuff you've been working on! And congrats on the volunteer coin! You definitely deserve it and all of the recognition!! :)

Jen said...

I love the coin!!! :) I have a collection and it's fun to go through and look at them.

Meghan said...

I have a galaxy s5 that I bought in February, after being with the iPhone for a couple of years, I really like it!

Curly Girl Confessions said...

I have the 6 and I love it but I agree with the above comments that its really not that much different than the 5s except the size. They have the same software so glitches come through my phone too.
As for Target YES!!!! It kept telling me my red DEBIT card was declined which couldn't be the case. It took about 6 tries before the purchase finally went through!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

The fabric patterns are so pretty for baby stuff. Your recipe sounds so good and I might prefer lots of chicken and veggies with less pasta.

Dawn Brown said...

I have the 6 plus and love it, wish I would have just got the 6 with the size but overall I do love it!

Helene in Between said...

mmm now I'm hungry! I have never thought of switching from my iphone, so you never know.
Can't wait to see your finished sewing project!!

Colby B. said...

Oh oh! Well, let me just say i have strayed from the iPhone world 2x and always go back. This last time i got the Samsung 4S because the camera was suppose to be SO MUCH better….was it? Yes, at times if lighting was right and setting was right and your hand was ever so still….but for snapping a quick photo it was a let down. The stableness just was not there. I switched back to iPhone world and got the 6 and I love it! All phones are big now days so i feel like size is irrelevant. I feel the 6 camera is better than the 5 or 5s when i compare the 2. and I love being able to sync with iPad and across the board! Also for $100 more you can get 4x the storage! 64GB :) With a baby on the way i hear this is important! :)

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I might stick with the 5 forever. I don't want the 6. It's too big. I can't imagine not having an iphone though because of all the syncing that goes on between my iphone, ipad and mac. I feel like I'm in too deep to get out!

smug princess said...

I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S6 last week. I LOVE it. I've had a few different iPhones and while I didn't hate it I was just ready for a "new" phone. Remember the days where every time you got a new phone the one you used to have didn't exist anymore? I started missing getting something new so I switched. I love it. I still have my iPad and a Macbook but I don't miss them being able to sync up or anything. Definitely not regretting it!

Alana Livingston said...

My iphone 6 is a lot better than my 4s but I'm not sure how it compares to the 5s. My husband had a Samsung Galaxy S3 and he switched to the iphone 6 and likes it sooo much more!

Congrats on the volunteer pin!

Amanda said...

We are a samsung family. I LOVE my S6 Edge. I just got it a few weeks ago and it is tiny and the picture quality rocks. I'd highly suggest it.

Can't wait to see what you do with the nursery.

Rach said...

I have the Samsung Galaxy 5 and I looove it. Christopher has the S3 and will be upgrading to the S6 later this year when he's eligible for his next upgrade. We have loved our Androids!

Nicole said...

I have the 6 and my husband has the 6+. I really don't think they are any better than my 5 was and I'm not sure if we can't get messages from androids or another company (we're verizon) but we miss out on text messages all the time. Hubby uses a HTC1 M8 for work and he's thinking of wanting to switch his personal phone over.

Unknown said...

I hear that the 6/6+ don’t have the same problems as the 5s, though the problems with 5s was said to have come up with the latest OS update. Though if you’re going to upgrade, you might want to wait for 6s/6s+, which is coming out by June or July. That being said, have fun with choosing which one to get!

Clara Brooks @ Telco World

Anonymous said...

That dish looks tasty. I would have had trouble deciding between the pattern you picked and the floral one too. It'll look great though! Congrats on the Volunteer coin!! I have the galaxy S6 and absolutely love it, but that's me. I prefer the Android operating system to iOs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...