Friday, May 8, 2015

I'm Celebrating ME This Weekend

Oh boy that sounds selfish, but it's not my fault that Military Spouse Appreciation Day AND Mother's Day fall on the same weekend. Normally I get all awkward celebrating my birthday, but I don't mind when it comes to holidays that you share the celebration along with others. I do feel a little weird celebrating Mother's Day since Charlie hasn't made her official appearance, but everyone keeps wishing me "Happy First Mother's Day", so it must be okay. And let me tell you, I have a new appreciation for all you mom's out there. My brother just had his birthday, and I thought to myself...your birthday should be mom's day of celebration. All you did was come out of the womb. She's the one that did all the work!

How will we be celebrating, you ask? We are headed to Panama City Beach for Maternity photos, some beach time, and some romance... bowchickawowow. I'm also hoping for yummy food and perhaps a virgin Miami Vice, but I assume those won't be hard to find. We still haven't found a hotel yet, but it's just the two of us, so we can wing it. I just love getting to hang with my best friend scratch that, my two best friends ;)

Military Spouse Appreciation Day Link-Up

1. Tell us about yourself and your blog. Well...most of you know me already, but for any newbs- I'm a college grad, Hooters alumni, SAHW with a Security Clearance, who will soon be promoted to SAHM. Seriously, I do have a Security Clearance.

2. What branch of military are you affiliated with? U.S. Army

3. What is one thing you enjoy about the military lifestyle? Moving to new places and the incredible community that you find among military folk.

4. What advice would you give new spouses? GET INVOLVED. You will never grasp the capacity this life has unless you explore it from the inside out.


This month actually marks five years of our time with the Army, and the above picture was taken at his Basic Training graduation. He hates the picture because his uniform was the wrong size, he had the crappy issued boots, and he was probably mentally checked out, but it was our first picture with him in uniform and I will always cherish it. So much has changed since that picture was taken, and it's been better than any adventure I could imagine.

To all my MilSpouses, Happy Spouse Day, and to all my mother's, Happy Mothers Day. I'd also like to extend the greetings to the girlfriends and fiances that don't always get recognition, and if you are working to get pregnant, adopt, foster, or have angel babies...y'all deserve this weekend just as much as anyone. Let's all celebrate!


17 comments:

Alana Livingston said...

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day AND Mother's Day--you deserve recognition for both! This is a post from one of the girls I went to college with who explains the whole Pregnant Mother's Day thing so well: http://oklahomacity.citymomsblog.com/your-pregnant-mothers-day-counts/
Have fun in Panama City--I can't wait to see the pregnancy photos!

Amanda said...

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day and Mother's Day! Sounds like y'all are going to have a great weekend!!! Thanks for linking up with us Janna! You rock as a military spouse.

Jenn said...

You enjoy the ENTIRE weekend of celebrations! You totally deserve it! I hope you guys have an awesome little getaway! :)

Janelle Cook said...

Getting involved is such great advice! It's easy to be sad and lonely when getting to a new base, and getting involved combats that! :)

P!nky said...

I love you! I love your support of your husband and his service to our country! :)

Jen said...

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day and a very Happy Mother's Day this weekend! :) I loved this post.

Sam said...

I completely agree about getting involved! It is the easiest way to meet new friends, get plugged in, and learn about things going on in the surrounding area.

Chelsea Phelps said...

Getting involved is such good advice! This experience really is what you make of it. Happy mother's day this weekend!

www.anchorsaweighblog.com

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Self appreciation is never ever a bad idea! (Psst - please pass that one along to your daughter for sure!)

Happy Mother's Day and Military Spouse Day! Happy weekend!

Helene in Between said...

You should be celebrated!! how cool that they both fall on the same day! HAppy days to you :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Enjoy your day!

julie @ jewelswandering.com said...

Hi Janna! Yep, when having to move a lot of times, you'll have a great experience by getting involved in one way or another...! Happy Mother's day to you!!


www.jewelswandering.com

Kait said...

Happy first Mother's Day pretty lady!!!

Rachel Ross said...

Great post! I am definitely on the same page as you about getting involved. It helps so much in making friends that much quicker! And Happy Mother's Day too!! :)

Kelly said...

Happy everything! I love this post and can not wait to meet your baby!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Becca said...

Weird question and TOTALLY off topic....but do you still have that dress and are you willing to sell it!? I'm looking for something EXACTLY like that for Brendon's homecoming.

Rach said...

Hooray YOU! :)

Also, I can't believe we were SO close to you guys this weekend! We were in Destin while you guys were at PCB! Small world! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...