Friday, March 28, 2014

I Call BS On Conscious Uncoupling.

Dear Gwyneth Paltrow,
I have no problem with divorce. I would much rather someone get a divorce than remain in a bad or loveless marriage, but glorifying divorce so that you can make it 'cool' is wrong. You can tell the media that you are doing this for your kids until you are blue in the face, but it's pretty obvious that you are simply trying to validate your choice for the 'Big D'. It would be nice if people took your lead and had amicable divorces for the 'kids', but I forsee couples giving up on their marriages instead of putting effort in 'because Gwyneth Paltrow did it' and Conscious Uncoupling becoming the cool thing. Especially when you tell people that we aren't meant for monogamy. THAT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO SAY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A CELEBRITY. You need to stick to following scripts that are written for you, because you are not the screenwriter for our society.

Dear Anyone That Ever Gets Married,
Be in a relationship that you would want your children to have. If you haven't found your life partner, look for the caliber that you would want for your children, and don't settle for what you think you deserve. I can guarantee that you deserve more than you think. If you have found your life partner, you {both} need to put the effort into have a good relationship, and you need to make sure that you are achieving a marriage that will show your children what they deserve. People say that our marriage is 'perfect', and even though there is no such thing as perfection, what we do have is because we WORK for our marriage. We put in 1000% effort, because the more effort you put into the marriage, the more love and happiness you get out. It's a proven fact, people.

Dear Husband of Mine,
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this magical adventure of true love. I really can't think of something to call it other than magical or true, because I don't know how we have reached this euphoric level of love, we have become one heart, one brain with two bodies, and we defy all odds. No matter what life has thrown at us: debt, distance, immaturity, ego, fear, deployments, etc., we have found a way to work through it, and I am happy that we can give hope to others. LOVE IS REAL, and I can honestly say we prove that. As my cynical friend Todd says, "If you two don't work out, there is no such thing as love. Don't f#$% it up for the rest of us." I know we will never let Todd down, and that is the most comforting bit of knowledge I've ever come across.



Feel free to forward this on to Gwyneth, I'd love to have a few choice words with her. If she can tell the world that monogamy isn't real, then we should be able to prove to her that it is. Mark my words, she will eventually find her soulmate, and she will be eating this crap she's spreading around. Mark my words.

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action. ~Mother Teresa



23 comments:

P!nky said...

Gwitch makes me mad on so many levels. She's so pretentious and rude and 'above us all' but it's so clear she needs help.

I fully believe in everything you said in this post. Love takes work and divorce, while it is needed for some people, is not cool, nor is it the easy way out.

xoxo

Unknown said...

A-FrEakin-Men! I am disgusted with her comments. Did you see what she said about working women with regular 9-5 jobs?!? She is a total idiot and I agree with you 100%. Last night as Kenny and I were snuggling I mentioned how amazing it was to be blissfully happy and that I knew you and Will had the same thing. You guys are one of my favorite couples. Cheers to love and F**k you Gwyneth!

LOVE AND MISS YOU AND OUR CHATS!!

Megan Wadsworth said...

Amen sister!! Marriage isn't supposed to be easy, but it's supposed to be worth fighting for. That's what love is.

I don't get why people need to justify divorce. I get it, sometimes it's what needs to be done, but don't glorify it.

Katie @ Chalk it up to Better Luck said...

Amen. I live in Utah...Marriage is a weird thing here. It makes my views of it sort of skewed, but at least I am smart enough to know that eventually I'll find someone that I truly love and I won't settle for the first guy that comes along, which is what a LOT of women around here do...marriage is weird.

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I hate it when people say that monogamy isn't "natural." How can you NOT want to be with one person? I don't get it.

Alisha said...

Seriously, I thought about posting something identical to this today. I hate that she is trying to justify her reasons for divorce by saying people are not meant to be together for such long periods. Marriage is never easy, but, you continually have to fight the obstacles that are challenging for you.

Great post today.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

gwyneth is too crunchy for me. and if your marriage didn't work out, then it didn't work out; call an ace an ace and move on.

a marriage is work and i don't care what anyone says. after years of being together, people can either stay in complacency or continue to work to make the marriage exciting which will eventually be critical if kids ever come into the picture because kids are a huge time suck and will demand every ounce of your energy. so put your marriage a priority in all stages of life..it will keep happiness alive!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kenzie Smith said...

I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote! I haven't heard anything that Gwyneth has said, and I am kind of glad I haven't! Yikes, she sounds like a horrible role model.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I am with you! I didn't hear what she said, but just about the nonchalance in general people ahve about love/marriage. When I said my vows, I meant them times 10080238409238 and I consider myself a wife above all my other duties. Like you and Will, a lot of people tell us we dont 'get it' because we are 'lucky' enough to fight or whatever, but I think it is just the opposite. We get it because we are selfless in our love and work, work, work on our marriage everyday. The world needs more positive marriage role models like you!

Jen said...

YES!!!!!!!! You hit the nail on the head. Having been through a divorce trying to glorify it is absolutely ridiculous. Divorce sucks plain and simple.

Helene in Between said...

totally agree. this is all just bs for the sake of trying to save face.

Ashleigh said...

I love this sweet girl. It was all well said & I could not agree more with you!

Brianne said...

So, I am in *complete* agreement about how ridiculous she sounds, but I have to agree with one thing she said. While working 9-5 and raising children is practically 5 jobs in one, I cannot imagine trying to deal with the unique challenges of raising a child and not being able to lean on the "routine" that a 9-5 job has. It is difficult enough to occasionally travel for my 9-5 job without children, but having to randomly and for any period of time just be somewhere else and not have time to interact with your family in a "normal" way? It has to be tough, even if it rubbed nearly every one of us working women in the wrong way by saying it.

Unknown said...

I saw a response to her comment about working moms having it easier than celebrities on set and I about died. I usually like her but she's been a bad apple in the media lately!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Amen girl! Couldn't agree more. Not a fan of hers.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

She really should have just said no comment. Couldn't agree with you more!!

Jen Mc said...

Well said, all of it!

Kait said...

I'm sure someone has already touched on this--but did you hear what she said about working mothers? Eegads--she pisses me off.

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh, yes yes YES!!! I am SO glad you wrote this post! I was sooooo pissed when I heard about her "uncoupling" and the psychotherapists that were quoted about monogamy. COME ONE!! Society is freaking me out these days!
But you said it perfectly! And you know the whole world (that follows your corner of the internet) are totally wrapped up in your amazing marriage! You and Will are the BEST couple for us to look up to! Even though life isn't easy, you two make sure to put your love first and make it through anything and everything!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I completely agree with your friend Todd! That is hilarious and oddly has a feeling of truth to me. You two are a fabulous example of true love. I've said it before and I still mean it, you guys are a real life Disney love story.

Nicole said...

Love this post. Although I didn't know Gwyneth was getting a divorce. Interesting. Well she spills a lot of things that I don't always agree with, like the diet she puts her kiddos on...

Rach said...

Love that Mother Theresa quote!

And yeah, I hear you. When I saw all of this mess my biggest issue with it was her comments about monogamy. I disagree with her so much. I think that's part of what makes marriage awesome. You continue to choose that person and you continue to work on your marriage and make it better!

Unknown said...

I just discovered Conscious Uncoupling as part of the Mindvalley masterclass.. the first 3 minutes was complete BS and i had to stop listening to it. It is sooo ridiculous in so many levels. If couples can talk and try to understand each other, why separate? It is so selfish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...