Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Camo Time!

Yesterday, I mentioned working a fight in Pueblo for Wounded Warriors.
MMA and a charity for soldiers? You KNOW I'm in!

First, I had to make the outfits, so of course I turned to Pinterest.
I searched DIY Camo and bingo.

I needed to make a combo of this:



And this:

Our First fight
Circa our last fight

I started off with this:

Photobucket

Did a little:

Photobucket

And topped it off with:

Photobucket
I created the belts using Rit Dye and this method.

Which eventually turned into:

Photobucket

Do they come off classy and sassy?
Cuz that was the goal ;)

Honestly, I think that my favorite part of these events is making the outfits.
I love tapping into my creative side and find the process quite therapeutic.
Anyone else feel me on that?
I mean, Halloween is coming up...time to get our juices flowin'!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can also officially announce the winner of the My Memeries Software giveaway!


Lynn blogs over at Illegally Blonde and is pretty darn awesome.
She even rocks the "I Support The Troops" button. You KNOW that is the way to my heart.
Congrats Lynn, and thanks for all who entered.
You guys ROCK.


17 comments:

Nikki said...

Your camo outfits came out cute! Good Job! I wish I had the patients to be more crafty!

Kait said...

Damn girllll!!!! You look beautiful, as always! And great job on the outfits!! Pinterest = life changing

P!nky said...

You are soooooooooooo creative, love the outfits. Sassy, seksi and classy woot woot!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

super cute outfit for a wonderful cause! and You look great! Wish i still had that figure!

Mallory said...

So adorable! And crafty! You go girl:)

CeCe said...

Fashion designer much!! How creative. You did a great job. I don't think I'd even know where to start.

The Better Belle Project said...

These came out so cute! I love making my own costumes for events and halloween! What are you thinking of being this year?!

Scribble-N-Dash said...

Looooove how the camo outfits!! Super creative. Definitely sassy & classy! :)

<3 Melissa

J and A said...

That is awesome!!! You are so creative and as always looked HOT!

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job on those outfits! I've never heard of stencil spray, but that turned out so good :)

Anonymous said...

Just another reason why I LOVE Pinterest. So many great ideas on there. That DIY camo came out really well. Classy and super sassy!

Holly said...

Love those outfits! Great job on the DIY! I love projects like that that come together so well :)

Amanda said...

Love the DIY camo! Definitely turned out really well!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Love the outfit, you did a great job!!!! Congrats to Lynn on winning your give away!!!!

Hilary said...

You did GREAT! Awesome job!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Rock it girl! YOu are so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Those outfits are AWESOME! Omg you DIY queen haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...