Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Okay Seriously...

Warning: There are no photos in this post, because the words are what is important. Fear not, the world isn't going to end without a picture.

We have made it to the middle of another week. I was talking to a friend yesterday, and we decided that July is the month that never was. Time is just going by so fast, and I don't know whether I like it or not. I'm ready to go on vacation with my love, I'm ready for Chicago, I'm ready for September to roll around so that we find out more about our future, but I'm not ready for all the moving stress that is about to happen.

This is also why I'm not sure if I'm happy about how busy I am these days. I'm usually the type of person that likes to live as simply as possible. Home-work-gym, home-work-gym, and I'm a happy girl. Now I'm juggling dog sitters, travel, hotels, regular work schedule, party planning, photo shoots, squeezing in workouts {even at 9pm like last night}, trying to eat healthy, and trying to clean. As you can see, I'm definitely leaving cleaning last...I mean, the house is clean, but it's definitely not organized at the moment. I have kept up with the dishes and I remembered to put the trash out. I'm going to call it a win.

I'm sure everyone is all like, "What a whiny baby", and yes...yes, I am.
Although, I didn't say that I absolutely hated it all. I just said that I'm not sure how happy I am about it. Typically, stressful situations like this lead to a breakdown for me, but I have vowed to myself that I am NOT going to get to that point. I am challenging myself to make it through August with a peaceful mind and by taking things one day at a time. I have to remind myself that this is an opportunity for personal growth and one month of insanity will NOT kill me.

Can you imagine if I had kids? I don't know how you momma's do it. So for everyone that tries to influence me to have children, this is an example of why I shouldn't.

Moving on...to the real point of today's post.
Keeping up the MOTIVATION.
Working out is the thing that is keeping me centered, so I am trying my hardest to keep myself healthy from the inside out this month. I tend to get sick in stressful situations, but I am trying my best to avoid that. Fitness and healthy food is the best medicine, and I have no excuse not to protect myself. 

My problem now as of now, is that I eat like shit when Will isn't home. Okay, so maybe not as bad as other's eat, but I'm basically eating "snacks" all the time and no real food.  What's worse is that I tend to lose my appetite when Will is gone. I stand in the kitchen not wanting to cook for one and nothing sounds good, so I just grab the first thing I see, which leads to mindlessly snacking. It NEEDS to stop.

I saw these questions on Mal's blog recently, and I'm a sucker for Q&A's. Plus, It's good to see my answers and remind myself what I need to be doing.

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A turkey sammich on Garlic Sour Dough. It was bomb.com.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I usually aim for 60 oz, but I have been SO dehydrated. Something seems to be off weather wise, which also might be why I'm getting tired quick.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred. Hands down.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
Oh boy this varies. I aim for 1,400-1,600, but I try not to go crazy.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Larabars, Coconut Peanut Butter, Veggies & Hummus, Toast or Bagels spread with Avocado and a dash of salt, Fresh Pico de Gallo, and lately...anything POPCORN. Although...I'm not positive that's as healthy as I tell myself it is.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I actually have Brunch at about 10:00AM instead of lunch, but it's usually leftovers or something savory. I can't do sweet early day unless it's a protein shake after the gym.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My core. I do love toning my arms and bootay, but if I work my core, the rest follows.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
I don't have a least favorite...
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Pizza, chocolate, and things like fried pickles.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I take a Multi, Fish Oil, B Complex, Cinnamon, and Biotene. Fish Oil is my FAVORITE. It definitely makes me feel more calm throughout the day, which I was surprised to find.
11. How often do you eat out?
Lately? Too many times. Normally? A handful of times a month.
12. Do you eat fast food?
Pretty much never. Fast Food= Fat Food.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My amazing PT stud of a husband.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes, it's called signing your life over to the Army. One of the perks is access to FREE gyms!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I usually get seven, but I try for eight or more.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No, those don't work. It's a shock to your system and leads to bad habits. I try to live by the 80/20 method. I eat mostly healthy foods 80% of the time, and then allow myself small indulgences the other 20%. Much easier to manage.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Most of the time no, but I have been imbibing more lately.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
My hubby!
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
More energy and less stress. Or at least stress seems easier to manage.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Other than go to the gym everyday and maintain a healthy lifestyle? 
I ran a new route around the neighborhood, which included running two hills up the Mesa- but by running, I mean jogging slowly.

If you made it to this point, thanks for listening to my rant, and a special thanks to these ladies for helping us all with our movivation: Mal Smile'sThe Pink Growl, and Life Oceanside

Life isn't all rainbows and ponies, but that's what makes the good days so sweet.



17 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

This has been one of my issues since I've been single... I eat like crap when I'm home alone. I'm working REAL hard to change that though, and I've been doing great the past couple of weeks. But it's so easy to get into mindless eating when you're sitting there alone. It sucks!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

I can relate. Life post marriage has been stressful and finding motivation to workout and cook and clean is little. I mean why cook when its just me? Hang in there and you seem to be doing fine!

Jenn said...

I totally am the same way when my fiance is out of town. I find that I snack a lot more and eat more crap. I dunno why, either, but it sucks.
Hopefully things will slow down a bit for you soon so that you can at least feel like you have a better handle on things than you feel like you do right now. Just breathe :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Popcorn's not healthy? Personally I count it as a vegetable :-)

Anonymous said...

You will make it to the end of August with flying colors. You've got the right attitude, now for the days to just fall off the calendar!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

You've got this girl!

Sami said...

I feel you sister! The gym seriously calms my nerves which is why I force myself to go!!

Kelly said...

My least favorite part to train is my back but I love the rest of your answers!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Dinah Gacon said...

I always loved training my core...I always felt the same way that everything else would just follow! And I totally feel you on not eating right when your hubby is gone....whenever my husband is out of town traveling for work or just out, I never cook...its so sad. I have always been that way.

xo Dinah @ Sunshine super glam

Jen said...

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks but I run everyday haha.

lesley: the dream tree said...

i love q&a type stuff too and i may do this to see how much i really suck at working out. i'm trying to go hard core in august for our trip, but it's so hard when life is crazy, busy!

Lindsay Erin said...

I can totally relate! I have a delish salad recipe on the blog tomorrow. Maybe it will inspire you! Keep your chin up. You are inspiring others whether you know it or not

Nikki said...

Girl I can totally relate to this! My one piece of advice? Make a HUGE salad and keep it in a crisper salad bowl and keep plenty of grilled chicken on hand or tuna and make a meal outta that. I tend to do that on a Sunday and it will last me almost all week. Also make some hard boiled eggs for egg salad. Hope that helps!

Kait said...

Umm YOU motivate me to work out harder, eat healthier and love my man like nobody's business! XOXOX big hugs to Colorado

Kym Fox said...

Really, fish oil keeps you calm? That's pretty interesting!

I take B12 to tame my anxiety!

Courtney B said...

We all go in and out of having crazy spurts in our life :) Your vacation definitely can't come soon enough!
Popcorn is one of my favorite treats! But usually I like it smothered in caramel or white chocolate SOOOOOOO it's definitely not healthy when I'm eating it :)
Coconut peanut butter? Where do I buy that?! Sounds amazing!

Rach said...

I hear you. Summer always FLIES by and I love it so much that I'm always sad to see it go. It's crazy to think about adding kids to the busy-ness that is life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...