Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let The Luck O' The Irish Be With You!

Outside my window
Sunrise, illuminating Pikes Peak
I am thinking
that it’s going to be a fun St. Patty’s day at work. I love when I get to dress up
I am thankful for
My husband, our families and friends, our simply wonderful life, our future together and this experience we are having in Colorado. Oh and food.  I love food.
What I am learning
  I am steadily learning more and more about cooking, nutrition, health, creating menus, shopping frugally and getting the most out of it.
I am creating
 A home and a life for Will and I.  For example- yesterday I turned a little shelving unit into an extended pantry.  It’s so neat to turn a house into a home and make it one’s own.
I am going
 To work in a bit, to Denver with my best in a few weeks, to Florida in a few months (hopefully) and a big vacation with my lover in July.
I am hearing
 The morning news.  I watch every morning.  I like to not live under a rock
I am reading
 Do as I say (Not as I do) by peter schweizer It is a somewhat biased book, but he has interesting views and points, nonetheless.  I recommend it whatever your political orientation.
I am hoping
 That all our hard work planning our financials, life insurance, investing and retirement plans pays off and doesn’t put us in the hole in the process lol.
Around the house
  New pantry
 Put wall sconces above our bed along with a few new pillows and wowed my husband because he says that really made the bedroom homey and nicer than he’s ever had
 Organized the closet room (well, it’s almost done ;), and I hope the guest bedroom and garage aren’t too far behind. 
Our husband/wife project is decorating the large wall across from the kitchen with photos, art, signs, knick knacks, etc.  It’s going to be fun!
One of my favorite things
FOOD. I talk about it, I blog about it, I photograph it and more importantly I eat it.  Luckily, I'm getting it down to a science, so I can eat my fill without going overboard and it’s usually healthy.
A few plans for the week
  I work a lot the rest of the week, but Saturday Will and I plan on enjoying the neighborhood by walking to the dog park, library, maybe lunch or dinner out…just enjoying each other and this wonderful weather we’ve been having lately…well, as long as that weather doesn’t turn into rain…
A picture
Photobucket

This is From Last March!  In honor of St. Patty's Day I'm wearing GREEN!!

Have some Corned Beef and Cabbage and Green Beer!




3 comments:

Novel Pearls said...

you look adorable :)
miss you lots pretty. Happy founders day!

Anonymous said...

I recognize that front porch, I think:)? I would love to see more of your decorating. That is a skill I totally lack!

Janna Renee said...

Thanks ladies!
And yes that is our old porch! I hope to do a few posts about the decorating cuz it's been fun and i love finding great deals/DIY stuff to incorporate! I can't wait till we have a real house that I can truly make our own, but it looks like we'll be renting with all the moves, so it will be a bit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...