Friday, April 4, 2014

No-Guilt Homemade 100 Calorie Brownies And Some Other Stuff

When you go home to invade your parents house for two weeks with a dog in tow, you pretty much have to bring baked goods. If you happen to be trying to teach your family how to eat healthy, then sneaking veggies, protein, and cutting out the bad stuff is the way to go, and the following recipe will blow their mind.

However, if you are like me and usually don't want to share, but feel guilty about eating the whole pan, THESE are for you! The entire 8x8 pan doesn't even contain a thousand calories, so a decent size slice only has 100 healthy calories. Yep, that's right...most brownies have 300+ calories, and these only have 100!



1 Can Black Beans  ||  1 Banana {Frozen works best}
1 Small Sweet Potato {Uncooked, cut into pieces}
3/4 C. Sweetener {Sugar, Splenda, Agave, etc.}
1/4 C. Coconut Oil { or 2TBSP Coconut Oil and 2 TBSP Coconut Butter}
1/3 C. Cocoa Powder  ||  1 TBSP Vanilla
2 TBSP Boiling hot water  ||  1 TBSP Applesauce
1/2 tsp Instant Coffee {more if you want a strong coffee taste}
1/4 tsp Salt  ||  1/4 tsp Baking Powder  ||  1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C. Carob or Chocolate Chips {Optional}

Preheat oven to 375.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until it is a batter consistency. Bake for about an hour. Top will split apart, but that's okay. You just want to make sure the middle has solidified. 1/9th of the pan is approximately 100 calories, and even when you use the chocolate chips, it only gets up to 135.

It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but I made it up using ingredients I already had. That means you can play with it too. Personally, I think they are PERFECT, but you could put your own spin on it, if you are so inclined. I change every recipe I've ever used, so I can't blame you. I can officially say that the whole family approves of them, which was as surprising to me as it was to them. I call it a win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey...another linkup!
I pretty much always have a journal and I enjoy sharing little moments, so I think Kate's Daily Diaries is a pretty good idea. A lot of people do a weekly recap, so this gives you a great little way to connect and review with others. She's actually a Brit that lives in Germany, so maybe I just want to participate because she's so cool, and I'm enamored with her life.
Daily Diaries with Diaries of an Essex Girl

Monday...
+My dad and my aunt spend Mondays at grandma's, so grandma made us lunch and then we weeded her garden. We're talkin' in the dirt, gloves on, pullin' roots, and getting ant bites- weeding. Perhaps weeding isn't a big deal for everyone, but I'm not a big gardener {I tend to kill anything that grows} and it was so fun to sit and chat it up with my aunt while we did it.

Tuesday...
+First workout of the #1800MinuteChallenge! I actually have a lot going on in my mind about working out, healthy eating, and the transition I'm in, but that will have to wait for another day. All you need to know, is that you should jump on the bandwagon and join us! It's so fun having all the support and motivation.
+I had lunch with a girl that I was born and raised with, I was a witness when she eloped, and have been through thick and thin together. I love that we think so much alike and will always be friends. You can't say that about a lot of people, because you never know what life holds. With Carmela, I know.
+That evening, I spent traipsing around town following my brother and two photographers while they captured his senior pictures. I mostly carried the equipment, but I also learned a lot from them and had fun with my baby brother. I still can't believe he's graduating.


Wednesday...
+Poor Weezy boo-boo was sick. He always gets a tummy ache while Will is gone, so it might have been separation anxiety or maybe he got into something. Either way, Grandma and I babied him and now he's better.
+Took grandma to get her car serviced. The guy only charged her $26.94 for a full service, and then only took $26. Obviously, I get my charm and hustlin' skills from her ;)
+Talked to Will! No explanation necessary.

Thursday...
+Picked up PB2 and chocolate tea trying to get my family to make healthy substitutions, which was followed by making dinner with the family. I snuck in BBQ cauliflower and they didn't hate it...Baby steps!

Friday...
+Going to volunteer at the 30th Annual Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Show! Mustangs are a pretty big deal in my family, so I'm happy to be home for it.

Everyone have a great weekend! If you go make yo'self some brownies, I know you will, and I'm positive I will, because I get to see my handsome soldier. Adios amigos!


7 comments:

Nicole said...

I've tried the black bean brownies before. I don't like beans though so I tasted them sadly :(

Janna Renee said...

Nicole, these taste NOTHING like beans or the ones we talked about awhile ago. They are so good that everyone called me a liar for telling them that they are healthy!

Kelly said...

I will have to try these!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Kait said...

Oh good heavens I NEED those brownies!!!!

Rach said...

These look so good! I haven't tried black bean brownies yet, but you actually make them look good, haha!

Because Shanna Said So said...

Hmmmmm, black bean brownies....I am a little scared, but I am trusting you!! Ha!!

Anonymous said...

BBQ cauliflower, that sounds gorgeous! But nowhere near as gorgeous as those brownies look, THANK YOU FOR SHARING!! A million times thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...