Monday, September 15, 2014

My Travel 'LUST' List

If I made a Travel Bucket List of every location my heart desires, it would be about 10,000 items long, but that wouldn't do for a blog post. Instead, I'll take a cue from Helene and I'll just share my Lust List a.k.a. the places that I won't feel complete until I've visited.

Mykonos Greece || There is just something so seductive about the Grecian coastlines, their lust for life culture, and the food? Don't even get me started on how much I LOVE Greek cuisine. I just want to eat some Spanakopita, drink some Ouzo wine, and dance on some tables.

Italy || Has always been intriguing, but after visiting Napa I knew I was going to have to graduate to visiting the Italian wine country.  The desire grew even more now that we have a few friends living there. This is why we planned to go for Christmas this year, but the Army has us on lock down, so I'm not sure if they will allow us to go during Flight school :(




Either way, it WILL happen sooner or later, and I've mapped out my ideal route. We can start out in Venice visiting mi amica Adair in Venice, then Vicenza to catch up with il nostro amico Jon who is stationed there, and then I'd love to bounce all the way down to Venice. It's only 1,078 km, which is nothing when you talk about breaking it up as a train or road trip. Our last road trip was double that. Ti amo, Italia!

Ireland || I've been to Scotland, and while it was amazing in it's own right...Ireland is where it's at. Holly Cross Abbey, Blarney Castle, Dublin, and more specifically the Guinness Storehouse are just a few of the reasons why Ireland is a must.

Thailand || A few years ago, I had a friend go teach over in Thailand, and I fell in love with the paradise portrayed in her photos. To explore the culture, nature, and lay out on those gorgeous beaches while eating Thai food would just put me over the edge. White girl mode...I can't even.

Morocco/Egypt || I've been entranced by Morocco and {mostly} Moroccan food for a few years as well. I'm a little scared to go there at the moment, but some day we will visit both Morocco and Egypt. I want some authentic Moroccan cuisine, dance in the streets of Casablanca, and ride a camel with the pyramids in the back ground.


Australia || I actually don't really know what draws me to Australia, but it just seems fun. Everyone I've met from there is a cool cat, and it seems full of adventure.

England || When we went to Europe, I was so sad that we were so close to England, but didn't have time to go there. I even have family there, and yet I haven't checked out Big Ben, ventured to Stonehenge, or frolicked in the land of Chaucer and Shakespeare.

Paris, France || Eiffel Tower...City of love...'nuff said.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa || My best friend Dani happens to be from P.E. You can see her down there chillaxin' with an elephant on a safari, and if that doesn't make you want to visit, then I don't know what will. Her dad owns hotels and and a few businesses down there, so he'll show us a good time, as per usual.


My whole family loves to travel, but there are two people that have really influenced my love to travel: Dani and Papa. Dani and I have the type of relationship where one of us says "Let's go to the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, Mexico...etc.", and the other says "When and where, I'll be there." It makes for mucho excitement. Papa, my {very young} grandfather might be an even better travel partner because he foots the bill *winkwink.


In all seriousness, it's Papa's birthday, so I wanted to dedicate today to him. Isn't he a handsome devil? He has been there for us in spite of anything thrown at him, and he has truly unconditional love. I don't have a single bad memory of him because he always keeps his cool, and if he does slightly lose it...that person brought it on themselves. Thank you, Papa, for being a great example for us all and putting up with Tata. {I say that out of love, because my beautiful grandma is a handful.} Hope you have a wonderful birthday, and know that I miss you terribly! Hope to see you soon, because it's been far too long. Love you!


18 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your bucket list. i do hope you get to do the stuff on it, so that i can read about it on your blog

P!nky said...

So our list is the same. Let's plan a year long vacation, together, okay!?!?

GREECE and ITALY are the two at the top of my list, they both sound so beautiful.

HHHAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYY Birthday to your Papa!!!

Jenn said...

Greece and Australia are on my list too. I've been to Italy and it was awesome--I definitely wouldn't mind going back. There's a chance MG and I will be making our way to Thailand at some point, but nothing set in stone yet. I plan to do some elephant riding at that point if we do :)
Happy bday to your papa!!

Helene in Between said...

Excellent list and thanks for the shout out!! I love your list and agree that you have to go to Greece! It's amazing! I also would LOVE to go to Australia!! happy birthday to your sweet Papa!

Mandie said...

What a good looking family you have there! Happy Birthday to Papa! :)

I love your bucket list, you better start crossing some of those off, girlie.

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Kathryn B said...

I LOVE to travel and was very fortunate to do quite a bit before having kiddos. I've been a few of the places that you would like to visit and they are amazing!
I, like you, would also like to visit Egypt (some day) and I would add Russia to my list :)
I can't wait until I can travel with my kids and show them the world!

Jen said...

I love this list!!!! I would love to be able to travel more.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I have a travel lust list scheduled for later this month also thanks to inspriation from Helene!

Italy and Greece are both on my lust list.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Love you travel bucket list!!!! What exciting adventures await you!!!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

I have a huge travel bucket list as well but I need to go over the pond and start knocking out all the main countries over there, especially Greece! Looks SO pretty!

Courtney B said...

Oooooooh yes!! Our lists are pretty similar! My brother and SIL just went to Thailand a couple months ago and I'm DYING over how cheap it is in the off season. $15 a night for a 4-5 star hotel? Sign me up! It really does seem so magical there!

Rach said...

Happy birthday to your Papa! Also, I love your travel list!! I'm not sure how you feel about magical beach towns built into the mountains, but the Cinque Terre in Italy was one of our favorite places! Just throwing it out there. :)

Unknown said...

Come visit me in Syndey :)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Happy Birthday to your Papa. So many of these are on my list. Greece, Italy and Australia being at the top of the list.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I went to Greece in high school and would love to go back with Kev again one day. We also have a "paris fund' savings account that we consistency put a few extra dollars in here and there so when the time comes, we will be ready. However, Kev is still in Afghanistan and just got words that he might be sent to a conference in Germany for a few days and guess which girl will be using up that Paris Fund to go meet the hubby? This one!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've been to England and France. They are both AMAZING. I hope you get there someday soon!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Better get busy girl!! Greece is on my list too. Santorini to be exact and it WILL happen in either 2016 or 2017. That's the goal anyway.

James said...


We are the leading company formation expert in the UAE.With over 8 years of experience and expertise, we have registered more than 500+ companies and are counting.SDB Business setup are the poineers of business setup services in the UAE, we help businesses in licensing ,visas,office setup and in other professional needs.
business setup companies in dubai

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...