Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Worst Nightmare

There are many things that could fall into the 'my worst nightmare' category, but I'm actually referring to the nightmare I had Monday night that was the worst nightmare I've ever had in my life. They say that pregnancy dreams are extra vivid, but I hadn't really experienced that until I dreamed that Will was unhappy in our marriage and decided to divorce me while I was still pregnant. He didn't want to be tied down anymore, and although I kept waking up, every time I went back to sleep the dream dragged on. On top of or perhaps because of that, I also had heart burn in the form of acid reflux for the first time in my life to the point where I thought I'd choke because I couldn't swallow. Sounds lovely, huh?

I know this isn't a premonition or something I worry about, but it is my worst nightmare played out. There is no question how much I love this man, and I just never want to let him down or even worse...lose him. I made sure to show him that when he came home {teehee}, and he accused me of just trying to get Charlie to come early, but  either way- he wasn't complaining.

Me later that night: Sweet dreams, lover.
Will: Hope you have a nightmare.
Me: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You basically got makeup sex due to a dream.
Will: Well, it did work out in my favor.

To end on a positive note and have the obligatory post photo, here are some lovely gems that my MIL recently sent to me. I particularly enjoy the bath tub picture, but he's just darling across the board. Can you tell he likes playing sports?



Now wish me luck tonight in the heartburn department. I know I don't have room to complain with how easy this pregnancy has been, but that ish is TERRIBLE.


11 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh geez... I think that I really developed a major fear of bugs when I was pregnant. I do NOT miss the vivid dreams. Hope you don't have any more problems in the reflux department.

Alana Livingston said...

Oh no! That would have scared me half to death! So glad it was just a dream lol. Hopefully the heartburn subsides--but I bet that mean Charlie will be born with hair!

P!nky said...

Relationship drama dreams are the worst, right?!?! I hate waking up feeling that panic of OH MY GOSH WAS THAT REAL!?!?!?

Soooooooooooooooo excited for Charlie to make her appearance!! can't wait!

Jen said...

I would have freaked out! Dreams like that are the worst.

Helene in Between said...

oh i hate dreams like that! but that's what it was- just a dream :)

Mandie said...

I've had dreams like that too where Paul has cheated on me or divorced me. One time, he divorced me to go back to his ex-wife. Eeek! Anywho, I hope that you have sweeter dreams tonight. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

He was a cute kid! Those bad dreams that just pick up where they left off are the worst. I do find it funny he's wishing nightmares on you though. You guys.... xo

Rach said...

Oh no!! What a terrible nightmare! I would hate dreaming about something like that.

On a happier note... those pics are adorable! Look at little Will!

Ashleigh said...

Bless your heart sweet girl... I feel you I really do! I am glad it however, that it was just a dream & nothing more..

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I had a dream like that not too, too long ago as well. It felt so real and I was so, so happy to wake up and find that my husband and I were still happily married and not broken up. Makes you appreciate what you got even more than you already do. Those photos are awesome! I have not seen nearly enough photos of Mj as a kid.

Nicole said...

A friend of mine had similar dreams. Luckily I never experienced that. Now, let's meet this baby! :) Haha I'm on the other end of that comment, it beats being the one who is pregnant... lol :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...