Friday, July 31, 2015

Things Are Lookin' Up

A lot of times we get wrapped up in what's wrong and forget to be thankful for what's right. Sure, we have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to Miss Charlie, but then we also get caught up by lack of sleep, changing diapers, dirty laundry, etc. and realize that things aren't all rosy when you have a newborn. Like seriously...I don't know how this tiny little thing can create so much laundry. Anywho, there have been some positives this week!

+ After a FULL week of no AC, we now have a brand new unit!

+ Will had his final check ride last night, so he will have the rest of the week off and more importantly, NO MORE NIGHT FLYING. I can't believe that we have two weeks until graduation and we are done...D-O-N-E with flight school.

+ Charlie has grown a FULL inch in four weeks and is in the 90th percentile for height. We had a checkup this week and she's still doing great! I need to take her one month pictures before she changes anymore, and I swear she's one month going on sixteen.


Now if only I could manage to get her to sleep on my schedule...Ha...Ha. Have a great weekend everyone! We are starting ours early.

16 comments:

Jenn said...

YAY for new AC!!!! So so glad that you guys had that fixed and are no longer sweltering!
And a big yay for no more night rides!
Charlie is adorable!!

P!nky said...

Congrats to WILL! So exciting graduation is so close and hoooray for no more night flights, I can imagine that's tough with a new baby! I love you!

Nikki said...

Congratuations Will!! Grow Charlie grow!!!

Jen said...

Yay for having a new AC!!! :)

Mallory said...

What a string bean! It amazes me how fast they grow. I'm so glad things are going well and Will is almost done with flight school. Enjoy your weekend!

Helene in Between said...

She's growing so FAST! and wow, no ac, i'm impressed y'all held out for that long!!

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

Yay for graduation just being around the corner! I can't believe you were able to hold out an entire week with no ac in the South. I would have been dying, but you're a trooper.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

Yay for graduation just being around the corner! I can't believe you were able to hold out an entire week with no ac in the South. I would have been dying, but you're a trooper.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Enjoy your weekend my friend, glad things are looking up!!!!

Mandie said...

I cannot believe that she's four weeks old already! Dang! That's crazy.

& congrats to Will on almost being done with flight school. Very exciting.

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Alana Livingston said...

So glad you got ac back!! I would have died without it. Congrats to Will! I bet he's glad to have a little break now. She has grown so much, I can't believe it! I have heard good things about a book called Baby Wise on sleep training babies but then again I have heard it is like a cult following so take that little tidbit with a grain of salt. Haha

Melzie at Ribbons and Rotor Blades said...

Woohoo for AC! Don't worry, soon enough she'll be sleeping well at night. I remember longing for that. I felt like it couldn't come soon enough. Now Little Man nurses at 8pm, again at 10pm and he's out until somewhere between 6am-7am, back to sleep for another 2 hours. And I feel like it was just two weeks ago he was a month old and we were wishing for this

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm so glad your AC is working again!

Unknown said...

It sucks not to have AC - this has been a very hot year. Not having AC can make you think of the past and how people lived 100 years ago. It can change your perception on a lot of things. Here is a great video on changing perceptions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4DzscAEFeE

Kathryn B said...

Yea for almost being done with flight school!!! That's awesome! Wow! She is growing like a weed! You're doing great mama! It's hard when you want your baby to sleep on your schedule, so for awhile, just sleep on hers. She will adjust soon. :)

Rach said...

She's so long! And hooray for flight school being almost done! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...