Sunday, September 18, 2011

Livin' On The Edge

Wanna know why my husband thinks that I am the best wife ever?  Because I let him by a motorcycle and a gun...Seems a little excessive all in one month, but I promise he deserved them (plus I had motives ;)

A few months ago, Will and I were awoken by a gun shot.  It scared the bejeezus out of both of us.  We never heard anything of it and are pretty sure it was someone just messing around, but it still had us on edge.  The very next day, Will voiced his desire to pick up a gun for protection.  I know he also wanted a gun to go to the gun range with, but as I am from a Southern family that has always had a gun or five and a couple shotguns around the house- I wasn't against it.  I told him that once we sold his big-monster-of-an-unnecessary-truck, he could get a gun.

I must admit, the bike was actually my idea.  Five years ago, if you had told me I would own a bike, be with someone who had a bike or even ride on a bike, I would say you MUST have lost your mind.  I even talked Will into selling the bike that he had, but then gas prices kept rising, Sturgis piqued my interest and  I realized just how convenient it would be to have a bike when we move again.  By having a bike we can get rid of both of our daily drivers and just throw the bike in the back of the trailer for easy access to get around.

Thus, after we I sold the truck-  Will acquired a Glock and a 1986 Honda Interceptor.

This isn't it, but it looks just like it:


This was the picture that his buddy Buck took when he was bringing our new toy home...It got a lot of Top Gun references.  I think he just looks sexy <3


Of course, safety is first, so I just ordered my very first motorcycle helmet!!  Isn't it just darling?  I feel like such a rebel!!  Yes, even in a "pretty" helmet ;)

I'm signing up for a motorcycle safety class soon, because I plan on attempting to driving it soon!  I'll let you all know how that goes... WISH ME LUCK!

1 comment:

Zara said...

Bikes are a great way to get around, BUT you need to be super careful in CO. People seem to forget that they are on the road. Hubs had a really bad crash about 6 years ago on his CBR. The broken collar bone and the grade 3 concussion did not stop him from buying yet another bike only 4 months after the accident.

As far as guns go, we have two handguns in our nightstands. A shotgun above the pantry door (on the inside) and a few others locked up in a gun safe. I feel that knowing how to use a gun and being able to protect yourself, your loved ones and your property is a must. :-) SO way to go on both counts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...