Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our Fairytale...Chapter 1

I've decided it's about time I share our story...Are you ready? I hope so ;) 

Once upon a time there was a young girl.  She was in college, living life, working hard, and in and out of a long distance relationship with a lovely boy who was just not right for her....In walks an even lovelier boy who happened to be just what the doctor ordered, and let the story begin!

One day I was at work minding my own business, when I looked up and saw we had a new guy.  I remember thinking he was cute, but didn’t think much else of it and our paths didn’t cross much over the next few months.  I do remember one particular day when I came to work and wasn’t on the schedule, but figured I might as well work and asked around to see if anyone wanted to give up their shift.  I ended up having to ask Will (that’s his name) if he would like to have the day off and when he said sure, I was sad he was leaving…I didn’t realize why at the time, but it all makes sense now.  It took another couple of weeks till we actually worked together and by chance we were put in sections next to each other, which allowed us to chat it up all night.  The conversation easily flowed and I remember thinking- “I wonder if he wants to have a beer after work?” and before I could even mention it, he asked me if I would like to watch the game and have a beer when we got off…Obviously I said yes.  Wouldn’t you know we did not watch one bit of that game, as we were both rapt in conversation.  This is the point where we fall madly in love and live happily ever after right?
          WRONG!  As embarrassed as I am to say it, I ended up spending a good bit of the night talking about my ex and how we were still trying to work things out.  Talk about dense!  Now that I look back, I know that I was already into Will (and probably had been since the moment I saw him) but at the time I thought we were just clicking as friends.  Oh and it gets worse…That night Will said that he was going to be going to play volleyball in Miami, but didn’t know the area very well and asked if I would be interested in being his navigator.  I hadn’t been to Miami in a while, so I thought it sounded like fun and gave him my number.  I should have gotten his too, since I almost blew it when he text me a few days later.  I thought he was another Will from school who had just gotten my number for a project. Oops.  He actually allowed me to keep believing it, since he took offense to it and almost left it at that, but THANK GOODNESS he thought better and admitted that he was not who I thought it was.  Again, thank goodness he did because that one misunderstanding could have ended “Us” right then and there.
          Now let us fast forward to Miami and the good parts ;)  After he played some intense volleyball while I played with all the kids at the Rec. center, he offered to take me home.  That seemed like a waste of a whole trip to Miami, so I said we should go to Bayside and grab some dinner.  Not only was I hungry, but I wasn’t ready to call it a night for some reason…Out of all the great spots at Bayside, we both thought Chili’s sounded like the best option for the evening and considering we stopped paying attention to everything around us about five minutes into it, we could have been at a McDonald’s, and we wouldn’t have cared.  He made me laugh more than I have ever laughed in my life and somehow “grabbing dinner” turned into dinner and drinks, which led to walking Bayside, which lead to dancing to the band along the water, and then chatting in the moonlight on the dock.  The best part is that there were no awkward moments, no confusion or pretenses, just a free flowing, fun-filled evening that felt as natural as if we had known each other and been friends forever.  My mind was so clear that I was completely in the moment.  It wasn’t until we were in his truck on the way home and he placed his hand atop mine, {shooting FIREWORKS through my veins!} that I realized this {here comes proof of just how dense I was being} was a DATE.  To this day I tell everyone that it was “THE best date that I never knew I had.”

on our way to VA Beach!!



4 comments:

Jen Mc said...

You gave me goosebumps

Rach said...

Awww, the best date you never knew you had... so precious! I love that he kept pursuing you through all of it. Precious!

Erin said...

Aww I never knew all of this! How adorable of you to be so out of it in the beginning haha.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

It is fun to go back and read posts like these. What a sweet beginning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...